1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

If Only I Could Reverse Restart My Life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Thyagarajan, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello: If Only
    I Could Reverse
    Restart My Life :hello:
    Given an opportunity, many would like to restart their life properly, probably from their teens. If only life is liveable at will in reverse, few would be glad.

This thought takes me to dwell on palindrome. A sentence or a word when read in reverse, its meaning remains same. In numbers, the value remains same even if it is read in reverse order.
    For example , largest palindrome made from the product of two 2-digit numbers is 9009 = 91 × 99. Interesting programmes available on palindrome creations in C++ Java & Python.

Palindrome triggers a thought of my experience in typewriting institute.
    While practising keys in a typewriter, first lesson for left handed keys followed
    by right hand keys. Typewriting institutes are places where love buds & blossoms. A week of one hour session each for left keys and the right side keys.

Then follows typing repeatedly for an hour daily on a foolscap sheet at least for a week, all letters in alphabet. Then another week typing the letter keys of entire alphabet in reverse from z to a. It is followed then, by typing sentences simple and complex and then to pangram sentence that contain all letters of alphabet as in following texts:

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.
    Pack mybox with five dozen liquor jugs.
    The five boxing wizards jump quickly - which is four letters shorter.

And the last lettering exercise in my typing class was palindromes.

No lemon no melon
    Mr Owl ate my metal worm.

I have come across a different type of palindrom in the form of a poem titled
    "Lost Generation" - a Palindrome Poem .

Below i posted a UT link. This is only a 1-minute, 44 second video and it is made brilliant. Make sure you read as well as listen… forward and backward.

This is a video that was submitted in a contest by a 20-year old. The contest was titled "u @ 50" by AARP. This video won second place. When they showed it, everyone in the room was awe-struck and broke into spontaneous applause. So simple and yet so brilliant. Take a minute and 44 seconds to watch it.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2022

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

A LITTLE & I were discussing her experience in class. We discussed about alphabet. I asked whether she could write ABCD in reverse. She wrote FROM LEFT TO RIGHT ABCD.
    I said “ that is OK. Write A to Z from reverse”.
    She said very easy and wrote “Z to A”.
    “That is fine” I said, “ i want you to write entire alphabet in reverse order”.
    She went away a little distance from me and returned with notebook and handing the book said, “ here it is”.
    “How so soon you wrote it in reverse order?”
    “ same trick uncle - i wrote the alphabet from left to right beginning with A.