If money was not a constraint, what would you be?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by So Sure, Jun 29, 2007.

1. So Sure

So Sure Senior IL'ite

hi Ilites,
    I was asked this question when I started working in IT long time back. I remembered it when I saw Ms. Pushpavalli’s pictures of her garden. My answer then was: I would like to be a gardener. I love to work in the open, under the sky. I love to grow plants. I love to watch them, take care of them. Be one with the nature. :2thumbsup:
    Not all people get to work in the field they like. Our choice is influenced by so many factors including finance, education, status, location, family commitments, etc. In India, our community also plays a major role.
    I don't hate what I do. But I'd rather be a gardener any day. I'm So Sure!
    So, Ilites, if there are no constraints or restraints in this world and you are free to choose what you want, what would each one of you be?
    Regards,
    Sharada

2 people like this.

2. bindunaidu

bindunaidu New IL'ite

darling so sure
    i agree with u that we want to do something and end up doing something else because of this necessary evil called 'money'..l

l am one of the few lucky ones, who is doing exactly what she wants to do... i lost money in the process, but that didn't deter me from pursuing my passion...ie filmaking..:yes:
    but i empathise with the ones who are not...and wish them all the best..
    i hope u will become a gardener someday:2thumbsup:

4 people like this.
  3. So Sure

So Sure Senior IL'ite

Darling Bindu Naidu,
    Sorry for the delay in my reply... Quarter end and all, you see!
    You are lucky! and focused, determined!
    Looks like all ILites are like you! All of them seem to be doing what they like most! Or are too busy with the other threads!!
    Never mind them. Tell me about your work. Must be pretty exciting, isn't it? Lime light and all! May be we can meet someday... ( I looked you up in Google ).. I'm also from Hyderabad too.
    Gardening is my passion. Not So Sure if I have a green finger, though. Well, lets just say the big maple trees in my backyard do not let anything else grow. And I do not have the time to try out anything in the front yard except for some creeping phlox, gladiolus, tulips and chrysanthamums. I love to be in my yard. And I'm So Sure that is the best 'Stress relief' for me. :2thumbsup:
    regards,
    Sharada

2 people like this.
  4. bindunaidu

bindunaidu New IL'ite

darling so sure,
    so glad to know u r from hyderabad too. i would love to meet u when u come here. :goodidea:

2 people like this.
  5. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

If money were not an issue, then I would love to be a school teacher in a remote village in India. :)

6. So Sure

So Sure Senior IL'ite

hi Nivedi,
    Good to know there is at least one person like me who doesn't work in the field they like to! All are not lucky and focused like Ms. Bindu Naidu. Circumstances play a major role in our decisions.
    Teaching is a noble profession. That too in a remote village in India? Awesome! It shows how selfless you are! :2thumbsup:
    Nice meeting you, Nivedi.:wave
    Regards,
    Sharada

1 person likes this.
  7. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

I want to be a volunteer in schools or offices or hospitals or in old age homes, in orphanages, or in homes of challenged people.
    sriniketan

1 person likes this.
  8. So Sure

So Sure Senior IL'ite

hi Sriniketan,
    Hats off to you! Its nice to know that there are people out there in the big bad world who are not bad at all!
    Social service is in your blood. There are many, many people who need this sort of help. When I was a kid I saw an elderly lady in wheel chair distributing oranges to needy people in a hospital. I asked her why she was doing this. She said she could not help them in any other way as she was old and could not walk. I can never forget the gratitude on the faces of those people.
    I really hope that you get a chance to do what you want.:2thumbsup:
    Regards,
    Sharada

1 person likes this.
  9. bindunaidu

bindunaidu New IL'ite

10. bindunaidu

bindunaidu New IL'ite

dear so sure,
    ur post kept haunting me. am i really doing what i want to do? i dont think so.i am writing scripts for tv serials..for money! If money was not a constraint i would be making documentary films on all those issues i am passionate about or make serious movies that would bomb at the box office:)
    I guess it is either food for your stomach or food for your soul...