1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

If Mama Ain't Happy, Ain't Nobody Happy

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, May 8, 2019.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

There goes a saying:
    pic.JPG
    Is it true in your household? The LoH (Lady of the House) has to be happy if others are to be happy? Was it like this in your family when you were growing up? Your mother's mood dictated the household's mood?

Does it mean that women are hard to please or make happy? Or that women are central to the running of a household and hence their happiness translates to the others being happy?

Sinant, Amica, KashmirFlower and 4 others like this.

2. Rihana

It's true in my household. My state of mind sets the tone and decides that of the rest of the family. I am like the Nest thermostat when it comes to setting the home's temperature. : )

Was also true in my house when I was growing up - mom's mood and being happy decided how the rest of us felt.

Sinant, Anusha2917, Amica and 6 others like this.
  3. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Growing up don’t remember but yes now if Mama bear is not happy no one is happy. So mama can’t be upset for too long.

4. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

If mamma is not happy she makes hard core heavy punjabi khana . Which means the kids and papa don’t get any rice !

Sinant, Amica, Anusha2917 and 4 others like this.
  5. rgz

rgz Gold IL'ite

Hard to generalize that way. Varies, so not always true.

Amica and Rihana like this.
  6. gorgeous23

gorgeous23 Silver IL'ite

that is so true ..when growing up it was mainly my mother who set the tone of the house & that is the way I have seen in all families I know: it is the woman of the house who defines the atmosphere of the house...

and now it is my mother in law who decides the mood of the household :laughing::BangHead::facepalm::shakehead:

so i think the saying can be modified to ( post marriage in a joint set up) : if MIL ain't happy , ain't nobody happy :lol:

7. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Yes I agree with this.
    From my experience (pre and post marriage) I have seen the difference on how the momentum of happiness changes in the house with the Lady of the House being happy.

This statement keeps coming from my husband . That's why he puts a lot of efforts to make sure I am staying happy and don't get into any conflict with the other LoH(MIL) . :blush::blush:

No growing environment was different but we never realized there was a flaw until I noticed this culture at in laws house. Not that I blame my growing up years for this. it's just that we(me and my sister) didn't realize.
    Not really. Women should make an effort from their side to keep themselves happy that in turn makes the environment better for everyone at home.
    Yes this is true . And I have seen days where my mood is out it reflects on every small thing which happens at home. It starts from cooking the morning bf goes until you hit the bed at the night.

Having said all this I feel the efforts is on the man to keep his lady happy. :)

8. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

At my in laws, it has always been the lady of the house, my mil, who sets the mood of the house.

Mine, I feel both me n my dh does, if either am upset, or my dh is upset, the whole house is quiet. So if one of us are off, the balance meter goes off too.

We both put in efforts to keep each other n our home happy.

9. Desiindian

Desiindian Gold IL'ite

Yes this is true, the lady of the house will set the mood of the house. I had seen my mother make hell out of nothing, if she was not in good mood for some reason. I would the impact stayed longer like two to three days in our house. In my house I set the mood. Mostly, the lady who runs the house and manages kitchen carries the mood at home. In joint families, MIL's mood affects the families till DIL again control over the family and kitchen. Then the same abused DIL's mood will set peace at home

10. Rihana

@Amica ek nazar idhar bhi. One glance here too.

Amica likes this.