If God Exists, Why Isn't It Obvious?

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Jul 27, 2016.

Where do your stand on the belief spectrum?

1. Devout believer

2. Believer with some doubts

3. Agnostic (don't know)

4. Leaning towards atheism

5. Atheist

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

For how many ages did I sleep !!!!

Sairindhri likes this.
  2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

A mother is always benevolent?

You are carrying this mother benevolence and purity of her intentions too far. There are enough mothers who are not benevolent and whose intentions are skewed, selfish. And no, am not talking about the extreme cases of child abuse.

A human being walks away from a rape situation or accident scene without helping, and we bemoan how selfish people have become. To God, we are saying maybe he had some reasons we don't know?

You surely have to be kidding???

!!

yellowmango, Gauri03 and kaniths like this.
  3. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

:lol::lol: Thank you rih ji for calling out the ridiculousness!

4. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Absolutely. Agreed . Hell and heaven..papum and punyam are very simplistic solutions and very quickly discarded if we care enough to go past a few chapters.
    Just for grins lets say God is not responsible for actions .Because if he were there wouldnt be so many inconsistencies. Who is . We are.
    Great. But consequence ? Karma...logically inadequate to support the existence of a superior being. Why
    IF Karma is a perfect vehicle to take care of consequences then why do we need God to baby sit ? We actually dont .
    Now we enter the realm of Samkhya philosophy propounded by Kapila muni one of the oldest hindu atheistic philosophers. He proposed that God does not exist. The arguments are atheism 5001 . Please read the correct commentaries on it from a good upanyasa kara if u are interested sometime.
    But as the philosophy developed it could not gather steam. It could not bear the onslaught of many other philosophers esp Adi Shankara. The arguments are way above my head which is why the desire to learn before I dismiss is still alive and kicking.

jskls, satchitananda and Sairindhri like this.
  5. justanothergirl

Really deeps...dont we have people who think running a truck through hundreds of people just few weeks ago is perfectly acceptable?
    Nothing surprises me anymore.
    I am truly happy for u because u have found comfort. Its actually pretty rare. I am not there yet. That peoples sense of right and wrong is so completely different is what bothers me endlessly and frankly scares me. I want something to true and correct and right .I feel like compass needle searching for northpole.

Sairindhri likes this.
  6. Suparni

Suparni Platinum IL'ite

I believe the following explanation for "why isnt is obvious and god does not explicitly manifest himself".............I am basing my reply based on the principles of Hinduism.........

Man is a creature blessed with intelligence and the sixth sense in the eco system of this planet............There is immense energy and ability dormant within every human being........The Entire World is a play and all of us play a role in it.........God wants us to introspect and realize the potential within us.......He will not spoon feed and forcefully manifest himself from within.......Because he has hidden immense power within us.......It is a hide and seek game....

This is what happens in many religious saints life........Infact even in religions like christianity, islam, buddhism, jainism etc apart from Hinduism...........Many examples are there for saints wherein some lead a normal life with desires and aspirations..........Suddenly due to some event in life they start focussing on the inner power within themselves and start praying according to the principles of their religion..........They dedicate their life for charity and welfare of humanity........They Seek the inner power and bliss within..........The power starts slowly manifesting itself..........initially they start performing miracles..........but miracles is not the end of the Hide and seek game...........They start understanding the purpose of their existence and preach the same to others according to the principles of their religion...........

God expects Normal people who are not saints like us to follow principles of religion which will purify us slowly..........involving in charity will help us advance spiritually also............If we make an effort, Slowly we will improve and god will guide us to advance spiritually and realise the power within.........We will realise that we are a tiny speck in the entire Creation of God............We will understand that the same energy which keeps us active is acting in different forms and infact making the planets and stars move and do their job in the universe..........According to me it based on the scientific principle,

"Energy can neither be created nor destroyed. It can only be transformed from one form to another"

Regarding Atheists, in this World play God also temporarily makes them disbelieve in this existence based on their past Deeds known as Karma.........But it is a Temporary Phase.....in their next birth they need not be atheists again...........There are atheists who have become believers in God..........I am an example of the same in my birth.........I was not so keen in religion........but based on guidance and introspection my understanding of life has been improved...........

There are some believers who suddenly become atheists also...........It is a temporary phase...........

It can be seen from all religions that those who win this Hide and Seek game of God, seek and get the immense, omnipresent power of God and bask in God's Power..........

7. Shreema86

Shreema86 Platinum IL'ite

This is a topic that's close to my heart.two years ago I had what you can call an existential crisis. I badly wanted to believe there was a god but seeing the kind of cruelty and suffering in the world I seriously began to doubt that. I was struggling to understand the whole point of life. Then by chance I read a book which was a near death experience of a woman and my life changed from that moment. It was a spiritual breakthrough for me. I turned from a near atheist to a complete believer. I believe in a deeply benevolent loving God and I have never doubted that ever since.! I have read a lot of nde accounts that helped me understand that human life is a test of faith and love,

8. Suparni

Suparni Platinum IL'ite

Regarding the cruelty and suffering in this world..........

In today's world imagine the effects of loss of money to government because of corrupt politicians.........There are so many scams........thousands of crores are lost of government...........All politicians are living happily today and driving bmw cars.............flying in private jets............Think of Vijay Mallya swindling public money........

If these people are born again I would not be surprised if they become beggars in the street, be afflicted with cancer and have no money even to feed themselves............So people get what they deserve.......

But we should not stop charity activities as may be in their next birth they have realized their mistakes and atoning their sins.....We also advance spiritually through charity........

In Kali Yuga there is no immediate punishment.........because then everybody has to be punished..........

Imagine 200 years ago none of the rivers were so polluted as today....forests were not cut down so much....species did not become extinct like today due to hunting............we are responsible for dirtying this planet...........if all of us are punished immediately.......we will not even have food and water to drink............

God Slowly evaluates us according to our deeds and awards gifts or punishments accordingly……

sindmani and Sairindhri like this.
  9. justanothergirl

I live in moment and make the most of it the way I want .. and you will do it the way u perceive it should be ...and the guy raping girls will do precisely his way. Why is ur way better than his ? Where is the reference line? What is the guiding force? personal code....too subjective.
    Is that what they refer to as God. I dont know.

Sairindhri likes this.
  10. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

@Suparni Are you sure these bad people are rightly punished? How did you know they went to hell? Did you see? Can you share and enlighten us more please? :)

yellowmango likes this.