1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Idu pombalainga samacharam

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Tamildownunder, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Ilites,

This is a post on sexual harassment of women I had put as response to varalotti's story on 'sexual favours..................'. Now, there are more than 90% of Indian women whose day to day life is a struggle for existence and there are both ladies and men who work tirelessly to give releif to them. One such lady happens to be my wife and here I am bringing some glimpses of her work.

There is a famous Supreme court Vishaka judgement and as I understand a bill to prevent sexual harassment is before parliment and the following link outlines the case and you can find her (Sheela Ramanathan) as one of the participants in the consultation on the law.
    Consultation on the Proposed Bill,A National Consultation on the sexual harassment bills was held on the 23rd and the 24th of October 2004 involving organizations from across the country, working on the issue of sexual harassment at work place.

Next, her involvement in the movement against violence on women is brought out in this link. Orissa « Indian Maoist

Her work against the illegal arrest of women in Bangalore is shown in the following link. The Hindu : Karnataka / Bangalore News : Arrested women separated from their children

She had an extensive tour of Karnataka in fact finding mission on Child marriages which is brought out in the next link:
    The Hindu : Front Page : PIL seeks policy to prevent child marriages

There are many more.

Regards,

TDU

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2007

2. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

Dear Husband-of-Sheela-Ramanathan,

I followed the links and read about the great work being done by HRLN. I can see why you are proud of her !

Please give her my regards and best wishes.

rgds.
    manjula

3. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

TDU,

I am also joining Manjureddy in requesting you to convey my best wishes and regards to Mrs. Sheela Ramanathan. She is doing a great work for Indian women. If not for few people like her, many women working in our society would not be able to go back to work with confidence and peace.

Regards,
    Malathy

4. So Sure

So Sure Senior IL'ite

hi Tamizha,

When i saw the title, i thought 'God save me! Another senile rambling!' I was so wrong.

Hats off to all the good work of Mrs. Sheela Ramanathan. And thank you for bringing her to IndusLadies. Not many men accept their wife's great work and also publicize it.

God bless you. May your tribe increase. :2thumbsup:

Regards,
    Sharada

5. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear manjureddy, malathy and So Sure,

I thank you all for the kind words you have spoken and I have conveyed your words to my wife with a request to her to join the site. But, personally I am sorry to say this again that whatever I posted on sexual harassment at workplace is lost on most of the Ilites and I am afraid my wife too will get vexed at the apathy shown by the Ilites as she does not work for remuneration or praise. If they want to continue to live in their own world they are free to do so. As I have mentioned more than 90% of Indian women are facing problems for which the members of Ilites have no concern it seems excepting the three of you.

Regards,

TDU