1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Idu aambalainga samacharam!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Aug 8, 2007.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear TDU
    Those were great ones indeed particularly the unsolicited help rendered by the lady to her car mechanic!:-D
    Sri

2. Cheeniya

Dear Manju
    Sirisugala easya adakkidalam but perisugala adakkaradhu romba kashtam!:)
    You have now given me a comedy knot for a new Tamil film. The girl's father covers up the wedding expenses by entering into a deal with a manufacturer of an underwear to give it wide publicity. He buys them as part of the seeru and has it projected on the TV screen in the manner described by you!:yes:
    Sri

3. Cheeniya

Dear Kripasankari
    Its a well known fact that children pick up their habits from the elders. Underwear vishayathula koodannu ipothan terinjadu!
    Every family should henceforth have a secret hideout for used underwears!
    I cant agree with menfolk that they should give expression to their thirst for freedom by throwing their underwears all over the house the moment they enter the house!
    Sri

4. Cheeniya

Dear Sri
    It is indeed a pity that the name of the illustrious man who made history in undergarment business has been shrunk to Nai! I fully agree with you that NaiHa is as romantic as Masal Vadai with tomato ketchup!
    Your life seems to be full of enviable episodes!:)
    I have no doubt that if you decide to write your bio, it would outsell most bio's in this part of the country!
    Dressing up like a superman is every man's dream and when I tried it once in a hotel room, a brother who had sojourned with me told me, 'I knew you were pretty high last night but never expected the effect to last this long!'
    Sri

5. Manjureddy

Manjureddy Gold IL'ite

(Excuse me, dear Cheeniyasri, i am here to pick a fight with Varalotti- konjam oramkattunga thalaiva...)

Mr. Varalotti Rengasami Sridhar !
    Just what do you mean by that " Manju is keeping guard "remark ? I demand to know ! i am a bulldog or what ? Grrrrrr !:evil:

Apparently u sneaked in there, did u , you peeping tom ! and quickly withdrew too ! I'm slapping myself for not being there on time to catch you red handed !

Anyways, glad to hear you've done your share of meaningful shopping too. But no sympathy for your predicaments outside My Fair Lady shop........ Umakkum kusumbu thein ! Why couldnt you hand over the wallet to the missus and go and wait decently in a nearby kapi kadai ?

And oh yes, i have sent that awesome code to a cryptologist in R.A.W and last heard, he has started foaming in the mouth, but still no breakthrough .
    My ! you clevvvvver or what !

regards -to- Cheeniya -who -kept- off
    manjula

6. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

My! My! I didn't know you could be so naughty! Your looks betray your naughtiness!
    Regards
    Malathi

7. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

After having taken a break for some time now, I am having a great day today reading all the fbs and enjoying myself thoroughly! Oh! what a great way to relax!

8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

I am not familiar with the underwear ads or for that matter any other ads in Indian Televisions. But there is one ad in the US television that attracted my attention. A well dressed woman goes for an interview on Friday morning. The receptionist asks her to wait. A man walks towards her after a few seconds in a beach towel wrapped around his waist. He asks the candidate, "Didn't you get the message we wear casual on Fridays?"

Patta patti used to be the standard for many men in villages which later became prevalent in movies promoted by comedians by wearing dhoti in a manner making the patta patti visible. More sophisticated men before the elastic ones were introduced used to wear a white banyan like cloth with nada inserted around the waist.

In my opinion, the superman is not differentiated by his wearing underwear outside. That is just fiction. In real life, he is someone who meets all the expectations of the women. Someone please show me such a man and I will accept him as superman.

Viswa

9. PriyaKat

PriyaKat Silver IL'ite

Long before Superman revolutionised male sartorial attitudes by taking the inner wear to outer realms, rural menfolk in our tamil nadu had gone far ahead by making the inner wear the ONLY wear and happily revelling in proto-nudist philosophy. All those fashionable thongs the ultra chic glam-set in the West now sport are mere late copies of our late Karuppaiyya's or Munsami's langot.

In all the ads, it is implied that if a fellow wears a particular brand of underwear, he turns instantaneously into a multi talented Adonis-Tarzan-Bill Gates-Mozart rolled in one . This seems reasonable to me. Given the outrageous price of some inner wear, it stands to reason that the wearer will instinctively try to become a person who's worth the price tag he's wearing !

10. Cheeniya

Dear Viswa
    I do not know whether you deliberately avoid ads on Indian TV or you do not have access to them from where you live. whatever be the reason, you are really missing out on a lot of fun. Once I was such an avid fan of these ads, i used to mute the TV during program breaks! I just can't stand the TV brand villainy which is hundred times worse than the larger screen villainy.

Apart from these inner-wear ads, we now have beauty aids and cosmetics for men ads which are outright fun. Seconds after a man starts using these products, we can see pretty girls queuing before him to catch his attention. This is projected as the life time ambition of every young man in the country!

When I made further enquiries about the manner of dressing of supermen, I was told that they had to be ever ready for action to save the mankind from disaster like the fire fighters and they were always in their pants which they changed once in a way. But the inner-wear would have to be reasonably fresh lest they should have just enough time to scratch themselves which would leave them no time to attack the villains. So they have no other alternative but to wear it outside and make it outer-wear!
    Sri