1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Idli as sudershan chakra - life savers

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Oct 28, 2010.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Idli is a snack which is very famous ampng South Indians. Olden days it was very common in all South Indian houses. But now the children are not very fond of that as they prefer the North Indian dishes.

I remember when we were young we used to carry Idli with milagapodi to school in a thooku. When I think of that now also my mouth waters.

Even till now when we go touring carry idli with milagapodi because it can be had that night and also the following day.

Now a days small size idli stand has come in which idli is made and with milagapodi you can eat any numbers.

Evenwhen someone is not well they are asked to have idli as it does not contain oil.But it shoudl have the proper portion otherwise it will become hard and is not tasty and it can only be cut into pieces and fried in oil add milagapodi and have.

Long live Idli .

2. kanthaeikon

kanthaeikon Gold IL'ite

Dear viji mam
    Hiya I am the first one to give FB to you ma.
    yes as you said idli is for all children patient and to everyone it suits
    kantha

3. Onesweetlife

Onesweetlife Gold IL'ite

yes maami..

You are 200% rite. now am put up in north. so at times i really crave for good spongy idlis.

ennudaiya vote "Idli" ke

Cheers
    Sweetlife

4. ranisuresh

ranisuresh Senior IL'ite

Me too very fond of Idli, even it is considered to be one of the healthiest Breakfast through out the world.

Rani.

5. nityakalyani

nityakalyani Gold IL'ite

Hi ma
    it is proven even in US that idli is the best item for diet. it is teamed and always needs to be prepared fresh and given. so mouth idlis with milagai podi - so yummme - i still remember during the summer holidays when we had to go to salem amma used to prepare this. those days we had to get down at arokonam and wait for the train to go to salem [ no direct from bombay to salem] we used to sit in the platform and eat. we just gobbled and remember it is also filling. yes idli is our life savers

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Kantha dear ya I am also glad that your fb is the first one. Thanks dear for coming here

love
    viji

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sweetlife dear glad to know you also like idli very much, Welcome to my thread

love
    viji

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Rani dear glad your favourite is also like idli

love
    viji

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Nitya dear you are right idlis with milagapodi is very yummy. Ya we also have gone when we had to get down at arakkonam. You brought back memories of olden days and thanks for giving me this tittle.

10. murphybaby77

murphybaby77 Gold IL'ite

Ennudaya votum idllike, My mom willl never give tiffin for lunch during my school days,hm during college days too.one of my college classMet, sure will bring spongy idles soaked in mulagha
    Podi and oil .especially on Mondays.after eating that idles I have become a slave to that.yes I used to eat either hot idly withsambhar or idly coated with podia and oil ,at least 5 to6 hrs before.
    Poorni