1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

ICSE board or CBSE board

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by sonia, Dec 6, 2006.

1. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

HI DEAR ALL ILITIES,

Can anybody tell me abt pros and cones of ICSE nad CBSE boards.I m really confused abt to take which one for my daughter.

what is the difference bwn both?which one is good.Plz give me ur advice.

waiting for ur responses.
    thanks in advance.
    Sonia

2. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi,
    Did you get the info which you were looking for??
    If you know the pros & cons of these two syllabus, please do post here.
    It might be useful for many others :)

3. rdheiva

rdheiva Senior IL'ite

Hi friends..

even I am confused regarding this.. Please can anybody clarify on this topic.. I am searching for a good school to join my son in LKG...

4. Neerjavakil

Neerjavakil Silver IL'ite

Icse is more difficult than CBSE. So if your children are bright and intelligent then go for ICSE however the CBSE is more widely accepted everywhere.

5. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ladies
    I found both have heavy syllabus and they pack kids with lots of assignments and et al honestly I feel both just take away childhood charms of kids by just making them indulge in school work leaving no time for extra curricular activity ... Just like one member said if your kids are quick witted you can enrol them so that they will have time for some play too...

6. christine014

christine014 Gold IL'ite

I have done ICSE board, till 12th and the kind of knowledge and exposure kids get from what they study in the ICSE curriculum is something that cannot be compared to any other board.

I'm talking about in the long run. We studied really beautiful poetry and prose in the English Lit class which which made my English so much better than the other kids, and I knew how poorly the others kids spoke, spelled and wrote English in my first year of college. ICSE kids study Shakespeare right from middle school to high school and I think if it were not for ICSE, I would've never know anything about Shakespeare or Walt Whitman or PB Shelley. CBSE kids don't know any of that. They have a simple course structure and they keep mugging the same notes over and over.

The Physics I studied in 9th to 12th grade gave me such strong basics, and it helped me a lot even in doing Engineering Mechanics and Strength of Materials.

Also, in ICSE curriculum, answers are not evaluated based upon whether they have been reproduced as they were in the text book or not. They reward marks for creativity, logic and reasoning, no matter what subject it is.

Geography is another course which is really amazing. They teach kids basic Topography in 10th grade and that is something other kids will not learn unless they are in the 2nd year of Civil Engineering. I am an M Sc. in Geophysics and it was the ICSE Geography that motivated me to choose my field and it made it a lot easier for me to understand things better.

So, take my word for it and join your daughter in a good ICSE school and she will thank you when she grows up.

3 people like this.
  7. AKSHASRI123

AKSHASRI123 New IL'ite

hi
    you have lot of written work in cbse and main concentrated subject is science and maths. in case of icse you get wide knowledge with else other subject than the usual. children coming out from icse have a good language skill and are good in vocabulary.the learning and absorbing capacity of the child can be identified by a mom based on his skills u can put him in icse or cbse

8. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

OP,
    CBSE has the most child friendly curriculum in India...which means that the topics are age appropriate and sequential. There is a lot of work being done on the assessment criteria as well...teachers are required to have intense training for the schools to continue with their recognition...how this shows up in practical application is up to the school admin and the board...but a lot of the CBSE schools are starting to implement the training programs for the teachers.

I don't know much about the ICSE program...so can't give you a comparative evaluation, I am afraid. Good luck.

1 person likes this.
  9. SANL

SANL Silver IL'ite

ICSE is the bestest i would say, it gives a sound base for the kids, if they complete the twelve years they can manage any subjects so easily :) ICSE is the toppest board in India

1 person likes this.
  10. ps2012

ps2012 Senior IL'ite

I am also confused as to which syllabus to choose for my kids ..i am looking out for good CBSE schools in Dubai.Can anybody suggest me good CBSE schools in Dubai
    pushpa