1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ice breakers and things that made you give the GREEN FLAG !!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Anitap, May 4, 2013.

1. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Time to bring out some fun memories....

He comes to your house,
    You both steal glances,
    Finally oldies allow you both to have a word in private.....

Then what was the first thing he said that made you :rotfl and broke the ice.

Here is mine.

We were sent to a room. We sit facing each other. I was shy (I swear) and I was looking down. (movie influence?)

He was asking questions one after the other. ....... I was giving one word answers. :oops:

The questions continue ....

He: is that a 20 dollar bill?

Me: huh?...... I look up. :confused2:

He: are you eyeing that 20 dollar bill on the floor? Planning to swipe it when I turn my back? ;-)

Me: huh?

He: then why are you looking at the floor so intently?....:coffee

Me:......:eek:.............:notthatway:...........:hide:..........:bonk..........:rotfl......

2. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

Re: Ice breakers !!!!

Ooooh, that was funny!!!

I was dressed to the nines as I walked out of the car on our third date...only to have him grin and say, "Are we going to dinner with the price tag hanging out like that?"

3. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Our families met in a hotel room where DH and his mom-dad were staying. We went there and after the initial vegetable talk (that's what we say in our community when there is nothing much to speak about except the weather n the market!!!)...we went out for lunch.

My DH was the ice-breaker as I was a bit shy...."what would you prefer to eat - veg or non-veg???"

Well, cool and "very well-behaved" me opted for veg saying that I was observing navratri!

Only after we got married, my DH mentioned that he actually planned to eat something else, but since it was the first meeting, he did not want me to have a negative impression. He thought I too was trying to impress him by saying that it was navratri. Well, he is not religious at all actually!!!

4 people like this.
  4. bubblygal

bubblygal Platinum IL'ite

We spoke initially over the phone, so it was quite basic and since on phone i was ultra comy given the fact that i can even talk to wrong numbers comfortably for an hour!
    Finally dh came to see me, thnk God he came alone!The only thing he was concerned was if i was ready to relocate!Then we went on casually, and i was laughing loudly with interruptions from my mother's end being i should not laugh loudly!Then it ended with a cup of coffee at costa coffee!
    i still have his smses his first sms being when are you free?When can we talk?

13 people like this.
  5. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Missed the price tag when you were in front of the mirror because all you could see was his face :wink:

I had a change of attire that day (preplanned... Oh ho..... cinematic again :bonk...)..
    I had saved the best for the last....of course baby pink.....

He whispered in my ears ... " why did you change? I liked the brown one better".......:rant

6 people like this.
  6. greenbow

greenbow Gold IL'ite

Ah! Nice to read your spl memories...

I met my DH while we were students. The first time we met, (my DH told me later that) I scared him that day by questioning him if he has a girl friend, when he said no one.. I started asking his sun sign and sun signs of all his female friends and started doing compatibility tests online trying to figure out if any of them were a good match. :rotfl

Years later, during marriage talks, our families met without us. So missed that special experience. :roll:

4 people like this.
  7. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

He asked me which school I went to and what grade I was in? It annoyed me no end because I was in First Year when I said "I am in college not in school" He replied "Oh I thought you were in seventh grade!"

13 people like this.
  8. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Love birds trying to impress one another like this:thumbsup

9. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

This incident matches your profile name :yes:

3 people like this.
  10. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Bubbly that is so cute of you still saving his first sms. :)

4 people like this.