I would like to buy/sell/rent

Discussion in 'Housing' started by rsankar, Feb 14, 2006.

1. hat

hat Bronze IL'ite

Re: I like to buy / sell / rent in Chennai

Hi everyone

Does anyone have any info on my post 523 (two posts above this one)? I have googled for info and came up with rents ranging from 8k to 15k and this was in 2007-08. Can somebody pl guide me?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hat,

I think 10k to 15k is nominal depending on the tenant.
    if you are going for a 6 months/10/12months advance, the rent shifts accordingly. since the distance is a bit on the higher side for the schools. I know flats near sboa go at around 15k and upwards depending on the facilities.

BTW, how has s&p houses come up. what rate you fixed when you picked it up. one of my friend dropped the project. and another person sold the project immediately though he did not quote the reason..(he advertised here in il).

how is s&p. just wanted to know if they deliver what they promise.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  3. manasasrinidhi

manasasrinidhi New IL'ite

Hi all, :hiya

Greetings! This is my first post in this lovely forum. Happy to be here and to meet you all through your wonderful posts! :)

My hubby and i just returned to his hometown Chennai after a 3-year stint in Trivandrum (my hometown is Udupi in Karnataka). We're planning to settle down here, though we had a lovely place in T'dum which we had rented out - we spent the last three lovely years there! Chennai is great, though i'm somewhat of a "small town-er" myself and have grown to like quieter places because of my upbringing. I dont know much about Chennai myself, but my God - the face of Chennai seems to be changing (in terms of development), and every 1 year things seem different, as i've observed with every visit here since my childhood - especially the outer areas!

We're at present staying in my in-laws old apartment in Valasarvakkm, while my husband works in Thoraipakkm. He's finding it very difficult to commute in Chennai's traffic - the 50-odd kilometre drive up and down daily leaves him too tired for even conversation after he's back home. His disc problem (chronic back-ache) is only making things worse for us. :-( :-(

So after quite some research on my part, we decided to go in for a small independent house/villa (around 1200 sqft or more so that we can have his parents also live with us) around Medvakkm, as close to the main road as possible, so that he would not have to drive more than a total of 15-20 kms a day (10 km radius from Thoraipakkm). Our first-level search through references and agents for a new or old built-up property that we could occupy as soon as possible has not yielded great results - maybe also because our total budget was not too high (28 - 29L - yes i do know now that it is too less for that area), and the slightly older houses we saw were not too great construction-wise, though we were ready to do up the interiors ourselves with help from a person we know. We now decided to up the budget to 33-34 L (can stretch a bit but not much) but are yet to find that "right" property that will fulfill our housing needs as well as our location constraints (some good ones we saw even a month ago are now sold out because we missed that window of opportunity) :-(

Can someone in this helpful forum please please let me know if there are any projects that are completed or nearing completion in the next few months that will meet our needs? Any good older houses for second sale would also be great, though nothing like a new one. We're in a situation now that we're open to any other areas also where our location needs will be met, if those areas are "livable" and have access to basic amenities, i'm now telling him if we should quickly look at apartments which are readily available but hubby wants a house however small it is, so well, we've not really decided on anything just yet. It would be lovely to find a place for sale that is inside a community / gated layout, but i guess i am dreaming !? :-(

I checked out all the newer threads in our Housing forum, is the S&P foundation project villas in Medvakkm still available? There were no responses to my calls and e-mails when i reached out to them yesterday and today...

In the interests of not making my rant any longer, here's requesting all dears here - do pls pm me or respond with whatever info u can that wud help - this is a call for support - i really need as much as i can! :confused2:

4. coleville

coleville New IL'ite

House for sale, chennai

Those looking to move out of the city or anyone relocating back to Chennai, please read on:

We are selling our home due to a job shift out of the area. It is in Mahindra World City, Chengalpet, about 40km south of the Chennai Airport. For those not familiar, MWC is home to Infosys, BMW, TVS, Wipro, Mindtree and more. Ford is within a 10-minute drive north.

We own a 2400 sq ft independent house (3bdr/3baths and a study). We have taken the builder-basic and done loads of upgrades to suit sr execs or expats. Highlights: Entirely new contemporary Italian kitchen with new tiles, counter and all appliances (dishwasher, garbage disposal, oven, 5-burner stove and designer chimney); added on a proper laundry room with both washer and dryer; servant's quarter with access from the backyard; ACs in all rooms including kitchen and dining; lots of hi-end built-ins, stylish lighting, and unique contemporary wall designs; landscaped the front and back yards (1.6 grounds) and courtyard. Priced at a moderate INR 1.75crore.

Responses eagerly awaited.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2010
  5. katz

katz New IL'ite

Hi Bharathi,

I am not a pure vegetarian. I do have NV occassionally.:)

Regards,
    Katz

6. olivellam

olivellam Silver IL'ite

2 BHK for Rent in Virugambakkam

Hi Ladies,

Looking for a decent vegetarian family, individuval house 2 bedroom, hall, kitchen, verandah, service area, ample two wheeler parking, car parking for smaller cars. House Located in Natesa Nagar, Virugambakkam, closer to schools, Koyambedu bus stop and all other amenities. I am expecting a rent of Rs. 9000/-. Pls let me know if you are interested.

Olivellam

7. SrividyaNKumar

SrividyaNKumar Silver IL'ite

Hi All,
    I am interested in renting a 3 or 4 bedroom apartment in or around Adyar. It can be anywhere between Adyar to neelangarai(ECR) or similar distance on OMR. I am looking for a kind of luxury apartment (with security, swimming pool, kids play area and gym(prefer)). Pls. let me know if you come across one either for rent or Sale.

Thanks,

Vidyaa

8. mispripan

mispripan New IL'ite

wanted to buy an independent home in chennai

Hi all,

I am planning to buy an independent home in chennai.

My estimation is roughly like 75 lacs to 1 crore

My preferrred area :==> East Mogapair & Anna Nagar

Area : 1200 sg ft or more

Please Let me know .

Thanks,

Priya

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2010
  9. Oxygen

Oxygen New IL'ite

3BHK flat available for rent at Nanmangalam

Hello everyone,
    This is my first post and am bang on business :).
    I have a 3BHK flat in Nanmangalam available for immediate rent. Details - Very spacious 3 BHK apartment for rent in Navin's Brookfield, Nanmangalam. 1st floor, fitted with lights, ceiling fans, covered car park. Common amenities include 24 hrs security, gym, function/cultural room, landscaped garden, children's play area, lift among others. About 10mins drive from IT Corridor/OMR and 20 mins from Chennai Airport. Immediate availability. Rent 12000 p.m + 6 months advance (negotiable)

regards,
    Ramu

10. av0608

av0608 New IL'ite

Hi,

I am looking to buy a flat in and around chinmaya nagar, saligramam, vadapalani, kk nagar. my expectation:

1. second sale flat

2. price around 25 laks to 35 laks

3. 2 bedroom

4. individual car parking

5. if possible vertified tiles.

6. good ventilation and water

if anybody is selling pl let me know. i would be really interested.

Regards
    av0608

if anybody