1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I will also do it from today.....

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by malspie, Aug 22, 2007.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Unity is diversity; Women’s liberation; Women on power and many more such slogans are crooned but are they followed to a prefect ‘T’?

When it comes to practice men take the baton and gallop. Today let’s look at it from a different point of view, leave alone the power.

Why are women always expected to be demure and an epitome of womanhood… Why is she deprived of many actions in public, be it her mannerisms, her talks, her attitude she always has to be elite to earn respect in the society; while a man can do anything and get away with it… :evil:

Let me give you few actual instances:

Mr A always has an upset stomach and belches loudly. He also drinks the juice that vents in to his mouth after belching (at times). His loud belch does not spoil any decorum nor hits any tabloid of newspapers. But, if the same action is carried out by a woman she is immediately termed as manner less, useless etc… :cry:

Mr Z holds a very senior position in one of the leading company. His secretary had to go through a great ordeal everyday. Her initial days were very traumatic as she could never control her laughter, but, later she learnt to hold on to those hysteric guffaws so that she can carry the earned bread home everyday. Hey, what does that Mr Z do to make his secretary laugh? Nothing, he just “farts”, not once or twice but many times. The department knew about his histrionics. They had a tough time and avoided glances with each other, else, they would break in to series of laughter. More sorrowful, was to continue to be in the same A.C. room after the “great act”. He has no qualms. He continues his discussions, queries, dictations and other work without any apprehensions. His secretary on her first day with him entered his room with her book to take down dictations. After few sentences, he passed his holy gas:-D and purified the atmosphere . Till that day and time, she had never encountered any senior respectful person performing such a holy act in public. She was in splits. But, managed to take down (she told us she missed few sentences and had to ponder for long time to fill the gaps.. hi ..hi..). It was an hush hush affair initially. Later she realized everyone knew about his act.
    Now, if it was a woman in his place, would the society just pass it off that way… :evil: Both the sexes perform this act religiously at times; then why is she supposed to squeeze her buttocks and he to lift them up. Doesn't it sound vulgar whether male or female…

Mr J is stuck with some other habits. He holds a very senior post in one of the leading organizations of Mumbai. The whole department waits with baiting breathe on Fridays (weekends – Sat and Sun holiday). On this day honorable J wears a short sleeved shirt. During discussions, meetings, he has his staff around him in his cabin. Hey, the act begins. He slowly lifts his right hand and passes it through the sleeves of his left and reaches his “Armpit”. Well, it remains there for a very long time. During the meetings, snacks and tea is called in. He pulls out his hand picks a biscuit, eats and again rushes to his “Armpit’, plays around again picks another biscuit eats and …… The staff around are starving… few do not mind… its nothing but sweat or few hairs he must have accidentally pulled off…. :-D Well, others like me are nauseating. Sad, but, honorable J does not care…….. He is the big man and when he has the right to do other acts in the office, he has added this act to enhance his personality…….. Ecks……….
    Now, again if the same act is performed by a woman the whole staff would have ridiculed her to the maximum… where is woman power, equality, strength, respect… more to read….

Mr S has adopted himself with the trend. May be his more of a MTV or Fashion TV buff… He loves to sport a Bermuda (more of it looks like an old pant cut in to half.. people say his wife is very stingy does not allow him to spend, but, he is eager to follow the trend.. hey…). Now lets call it <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place>Bermuda</st1:place>. He comes to attend our society meeting. I am the only woman in the meeting rest are all men. He sits cross legged and welcomes me with a warm smile (nice person), I quickly smile in return but keep stealing my glances at …. :tongue (I am not bad, I swear). This happened in couple of meetings. Finally, I told one of the members about the <st1:place>Bermuda</st1:place> man. The member told me he has noticed it.. but did not bother.. I put my foot down, next time <st1:place>Bermuda</st1:place> or me…. Then everyone realized that there was a woman in the meeting and it was not fair of the <st1:place>Bermuda</st1:place> man to wear his Bermudas without his … and sit cross legged. Being a man, he can get away with it?? Why not a woman? Finally it is genitals man or woman. I discussed with the other woman in the society and they were shocked to know about it and had a hearty laugh when I told them that I had to bring it to the notice of other members.

Mr C is a very handsome, tall, guy with a baritone voice which makes any woman go weak on her knees . Anyone who meets him for the first time would go bonkers at his great looks and deep voice and to match with it was his position and power in office. Friends, when any visitor comes to visit him, few of us would have a hearty laugh. Any visitor, who enters or leaves the cabin of a senior person usually, extends his hand out to greet, Mr C would shake his hands with him and there burst the laughing gas outside…:-D We would laugh our heart out… Wondering why na… Oh! you curious friends, do you know his favourite time pass was to prick his nose, pull out the dirt, make small balls out of it and paste it beneath the table. Hi Hi HI . Sometimes he would toss it around too. Eeechhhh…. Do not laugh you gals there. He is clean, he he would press all his fingers so that the wetness is distributed evenly. He never washes his hands after the neat act nor wipes it on any towel. This neat and clean hand is extended to visitors and other colleagues, hey did if forget to tell that he would pass on files and papers too….

Now, when Mr C can prick his nose in public and still get respected for it, why not Ms C. Why.. Why…

Mr L had some problem with his left ear and would always keep pricking it with a pin. Then he would pull out a towel from his drawer and press the pin on it and smell it once, then neatly put back the towel and the pin in the same place.:yes: I have seen this towel and pin in the same place for five years. Yes my friends, for five years… I called my other colleagues to show them too. Mr L never bothered to take it home and wash it or thrash it. Hey, he never washed his hands too. What a pain!!!! Are woman given this kind of freedom??

Mr D would wear a single dhoti and stand in his verandah. During broad daylight he would look more like a woman than man (he is named Mallika Sherawat) , narrow hips; see through dhoti and much more for the eyes…:tongue Nobody corrected him. He was the man and he had the right to expose. Similarly, if a woman wears a see through blouse and stands in the same verandah what kind of reputation will she hold?:icon_frown:

Most of us must have seen men pulling out their undies stuck up in their butts standing on a railway platform, bus stop, malls, and open places without any sense of shame.:-D It’s only because we have ignored such acts. Men are gods and can do anything anywhere. We women too have the same difficulty when our panties get stuck up (oh during those odd days), do we do the same… why can’t we.. why not we…… It requires the same effort. Did I hear everyone saying, Men are men then where does the word equality stand now… nowhere….:-(

Many of us must have seen them openly fidgeting and scratching their genitals, why can’t we……. We are supposed to make faces and control such scratches…. Can you imagine if a woman does the same what would happen??

Well, Dadar is one the busiest stations in Mumbai a central hub for both western and central railway travelers. (The following incident is narrated to me by a friend). Once a woman scratched her genitals while coming down the stairs and my friend was moving upwards. She must have thought with so much crowd around few may notice. But, to her misfortune my friend noticed it and he whispered to her, “Take your own time”, and then he narrated the incident to us. We girls pounced on him and he had a bad time. Now, I think we should also go to them and say, “Take more time”.:-D

How could I forget eve teasing, can we get away so easily after the act. If we register a complaint with police the law has to say, madam you should also be careful next time. After all you are a woman.

I have already written about harassments, be it office, home or elsewhere.

Scratching, pricking, belching, farting, pinching, teasing, harassing and exposing, rights are all still with men. Complaining, appealing, crying, lamenting, agitating is what we have been doing for ages. When will the table turn… may be when woman have decided to scratch, prick, belch, fart, pinch and harass in public with a pinch of salt…

Laughter is the best cure for all illness….:2thumbsup:

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mals,
    Oh, no, my dear friend ! You have real guts to "expose" all that men do, knowing there are not some but quite a few in this forum !
    Well, Mals, is there not a term "lady-like" ? That applies to us perfect, to a T.
    But I cannot imagine, how you could explain so much in minute (ofcourse perfect) detail, what some revered bosses do !
    But, let me tell you, we can never do

may be when woman have decided to scratch, prick, belch, fart, pinch and harass in public with a pinch of salt…

It is not in us at all !
    Very "descriptively" written - can't help mentioning it, though reading itself created a nausea. That shows, you have succeeded in your mission of "man-baiting".

Love,
    Chithra.

3. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

That was way too funny Mals, that was a very interesting write up. This is similar to one of my pet peeves - when a man fixes dinner or helps with housework, it is applauded and talked about - who applauds the woman when she takes her car for an oil change, reconciles the bank account, or does any number of the manly duties!! No one!

Shobana

4. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Thanks a ton for appreciating my writing.

5. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

I fully agree with you all.When a man does something good it is well appreciated,when a woman does it ,no even bothers.The world is yet to change.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2007
  6. Abha

Abha Bronze IL'ite

Hi mals

what you have written is soo true, and i have myself come across many such people, that is the reason in interviews or meetings i stopped shaking hands with people, cos besides those you mentioned... there is another variety, with whom when you shake hands they just hold it for a loooong time (you know what goes on in that mind) and there are those bosses who just cant talk to a woman without touching her, they'll either put their hand on the shoulder or anything...

well talking about being mannerless, i would say Women can never be EQUAL to men in that aspect, cos women can never be that cheap and I would not want to be equal in that matter... I mean, we are so sophisticated that we just cant stoop to that level of filth. that is what makes us different from them.

~Abha

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi mals.

The first thought when i read the title was , what resolution is being taken by mals. OH!, i read the post with fun, pinch of smelling salts in hand.

My god really god help all those people who have to work with these people.

Btw, ladies are always told they have to be lady like ?? Are we still in the age of Jane Austen.

I can dismantle any electronic goods and put it back in working condition. check wiring, go and fight for non supply of gas, get the property tax evaluated and get a motor repaired and all... I dont go to the plumber/electrician until i have tried my hand at it... :yes:

But yes.. appreciation for all the things you do ... does it come ??In most cases no. but have been lucky my kids feel i am super and husband only :bangcomp: his head thinking what will the next thing i am going to dismantle.

BTW, the armpit story i had a lady colleague at work who used to do it. imagine, putting her hand into her blouse.....dont be hypocrite... we ourselves can't imagine. (I still feel green thinking of her) that is conditioning of our mind to being ladylike.

Then there are lot of ladies who either, adjust thier pallu a hundred times and adjust the pleats a hundred times. (as told by my hubby sometime back.)

keep posting. but let us wait for the male members comments.

8. Sravanthi28

Sravanthi28 Silver IL'ite

hi mals,
    When i have read your previous posts, i definately guessed that you are a daring & dashing lady, but after reading this one, iam sure you can bring a revolution in the female world. And as far as the post is concerned, i cant agree with you completely. All the actions described above cannot go well with guys too. Its true that guys can go easily in the society even with such hilarious acts, not everyone(both male & female) can consider such actions as "take it easy thing" jst because it is done by a male. Everybody is irritated with such nasty acts but only few show their displeasure in their faces. And obviously there may be a number of people who laugh on his back. And about that bermuda dress, there are even ladies who dress up revealing jst for the sake. There is a lady in our office who makes such a skin show that she can match upwith actesses & models. But dont expect her to do all that in any western wear. She is almost 40 years old & she only comes in salwars & sarees. You can never imagine that a saree can be worn even in such manner. Everybody(both male & female) makes it a point to look at her when she is passingby, few spread a smile in their face & others jst hide their expressions.
    A woman can do all those nasty things but that is not we are made for. Nowadays there's no single field where women are lagging behind men even be it the tough jobs. We didnot even leave the WWF & body building . Everywhere women are flying high (Pratiba patel become the first woman president of india ..etc) but there should be a decent line between male & female behavious.
    But there are several other things that need a change in terms of male & female behaviour.

Laugh ....... your favourite line
    Laughter is the best cure for all illness….
    It is very much true but its also fact that women cannot always laugh to her hearts consent in public places. You are a single lady in group of people be it is your cousin's wedding, a picnic party or a dinner with your collegues, someone cracks a joke and you see all other males laughing heartily but everybody(even other groups which are far away & knew nothing of you) turns around to peep into your face if you too laugh aloud.

Streching
    People who sit for hours before the computer need a strech atleast once in an hour. But since you are a girl you should go to the rest room & strech your body & anything you please although you see everyother male streching his hands or standing up doing some exercise sort of thing when they feel their body need that. (I am not aware whether it the same situation everywhere or only at my work place) These seem like little things but very important things.

We should make it a point that even though women are given priority compared to the olden days, there are cases like kiran bedi being denied Delhi Police Commissioner post,
    IFS officer Veena Sikri was passed over for the post of Foreign Secretary even though they are highly talented and might have worked very hard to get into their present positions.
    So lets hope we find more & more unconventional things to happen in our society. Iam not here to offend anybody but its jst my opinion.

Sravanthi

9. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Women have attained power, postion and have even reached space. What we are lacking is the attitude of the other sex towards acts which is easily performed by 99 of 100 men compared to 2 of 100 women.... Why go far,

I am also very successful. I have made my life on my own only because I wanted it that way. Being born in a typical south indian family did not deter me from going and achieving what I wanted to. I have very few women who actually like me. It does not matter. I wanted to conquer and I did. Anyone who wants to conquer will do it. It only needs a single minded determination and the will power to overcome all criticism. Be it office, home, party, I am the leader and I like it that way. I lead and will always do... I am sure about it. I do not read any books or look at any personalities to win. Its in born in me. I am that way. And there may be millions more like me around this world. Thats not what I want to say. There may be woman wearing revealing clothes, or as you say, belching or scratching.. but how many. Take the ratio. I bet... out of every 100 I can stretch to 2. Why not 99 like the men.. Why .. why...

I only wanted to say, though I have achieved everything I wanted to in my life, and am aiming for more (as I cannot live a life without challenges), yet, I cannot lift my bum in the air and fart loudly when I am in a group. I cannot take my hand and scratch my ..... so easily as the males around do, I have yet to achieve on these areas. I may end up doing it one day, knowing the real me...

10. Nivedi

Nivedi New IL'ite

Mals - I had a heary laugh reading your post. :rotfl Ca'nt say which boss gets the Yucky Trophy in this closely fought contest!