1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I Was Ill................

Discussion in 'Saturdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Dec 15, 2006.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mohana Madam,

Thanks for your wishes and prayers. Happy to know that you enjoyed my writing and even had a few hearty laughs.
    With your good wishes I will come back with greater vigour and better stories.
    love,
    sridhar

2. varalotti

Thanks Vandhana!

Dear Vandhana,
    When I missed my Wednesday's post I thought I wont be missed by anybody. But you know, inside each person, there is a longing to feel missed by some one at some time. When we attend a wedding as a group and some family member is not able to join us, the moment we return from the wedding, the left-out member will ask, 'Did anybody there missed me?' I always say, whether it is true or not, yes, many people asked about you. Kamupatti asked, Radha was furious you didn't come. Then only this member is relieved.
    I had the same feeling when I received the pm from you telling me that you missed my Wednesday post.
    Thanks for that, Vandhana.
    I had lined up something else for Saturday; but if I wrote something when I am sick, I thought it won't be authentic. So I just wrote down my experience in bed.
    I got married in the 80s and I think the modern day husbands behave much better.
    Thanks Vandana, once again,
    sridhar

3. varalotti

A Big Wow To Your Husband, Surya!

Dear Surya Madam,

(you call me sir, I call you Madam, okay?)
    Really a big wow for your sweet husband. giving tablets, that to peeled with warm water, and then cooking milagu rasam and sadam, My God! Really great. Persons like your husband make the entire masculine sex really proud.

Take good care of him, Surya. He is a priceless diamond for you.

I am happy that you liked the same lines which I very much loved to pen. Any writer will confirm this experience. When you are deeply involving in writing something, at first, the lines come out with great difficulty. Then slowly they come with greater speed and spontaneity and at times they come and land on the screen and you didnt know that you wrote them; good lines write themselves.

Regarding the second part, it can't be anybody's job to disturb somebody else's job. So we need to give our resistance. I chose this way and now l look forward to these tm calls to relax myself in the course of my office work.

Thanks for your wishes and enquiries. I am better today.

regards,
    sridhar

4. varalotti

Thanks Sundari, for the bouquet!

Dear Sundari,
    thanks a lot for your nicely designed red-rose bouquet. And thanks for your wishes.
    Yes, Indhu did have a great role to play in my getting well early.
    thanks again,
    sridhar

5. varalotti

Thanks, Anjana!

Dear Anjana,
    I am far better now. Thanks for your kind enquiries and wishes. I am happy that you enjoyed both the pieces of writing.
    Thanks again,
    sridhar

6. varalotti

Yes, Sudha, TM is an intrusion!

Dear Sudha,

I am far better today than I was yesterday. From Tuesday afternoon to Friday morning, I did nothing but sleep, sleep and sleep.

After reading your reply I remember reading in that book why men dont listen and women cant read maps, that the manly race was designed to hunt and forage for food while taking care of near and dear was left to the womans care.

Thats why even now a busy career-oriented mother with few hours to spare can provide quality child care compared to a father sitting at home doing nothing.
    But things are changing. I think over a period of time some genetic mutation will happen making males also equally sensitive to the softer needs.

These telemarketeers are ubiquitous. I planned for my car insurance in such a way so as to end it 10 months after the purchase of the car and then silently renewed it on the 10th month. The person who sold the car to me had sold the information regarding my car to a number of insurance companies. Like the wedding anniversary every insurance guy was calling to tell, 'Sir, happy anniversary with your new car. About the insurance renewal....."

I don't know to what level will it go. Already whatever we do in the net is captured and recorded and you get newer varieties of spam every day. Privacy is something we are silently sacrificing in the process of consumerism.

Thanks, Sudha, for the participation,
    regards,
    sridhar

7. varalotti

Did I 'Decide' or 'plan' to fall sick?

It is a pretty nice feeling to be missed by you. And thanks a lot for the recipe for those nourishing soups which helped me recover fast.

"Perhaps, last sat & sun you were deciding to fall sick & were not in a mood to log in ??!!"

Did I decide to fall sick? Sounds hilarious. But if there's a way I will definitely try. If you are planning to post in the religious thread how to "decide" to fall sick, I will be the first to sign up for that course. ha ha ha

"Well, mine is a very different sad story, when I fall sick. I do not want to write it here and ask for sympathy."

Well,Chitra, I also do not want to advertise my illness; but IL is one great family. As we receive birthday wishes and other greetings from the family, there is no harm if we receive sympathies for our illness. In fact so many people enquiring about my health, so many people wishing me well, i strongly believe has speeded up the recovery process. For God, they say, listens to intercessory prayers first.

Regarding the second part I would just like to see you talking to the tm. But what will you do if the tm is a lady?

Thanks Chitra for your kind wishes and recipes.
    regards,
    sridhar

8. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Glad you are back with a bang

dear Varalotti,
    I hope youare completely recovered to resume normal routine. I hear you arenourished back to health speedily by the recovery soups of chitvish. We are all looking forward toyour posts. I am nowunderslightly under family pressure anddo not get long time to read your posts,. Be sure Ill bounce back when I have more time.
    regards To Indhu andyou
    Meenu,

1 person likes this.
  9. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

Take Care, Varalotti

Dear Varalotti,

Hope you're recuperated from your ailment completely. Am sorry to hear about your illness. It's real pain when we undergo ailments of any sort.

The writer in you seems to be awake even during your illness, and when you're back, you have come out with a brilliant comparsion between a man falling sick and women falling sick...However varalotti, I feel that times are changing...gone are the days where man were ignorant or not so helping to their ailing wife. Nowadays, husbands take very good care of sick wife at home(I have been lucky to have an husband who wonderfully takes care of me when I am sick, so much so, I wished that I get sick too often just to enjoy that pleasure of his care-taking again ! ).

Men cannot express their anxiety to the extent woman does, still it is to be agreed, they are anxious about our health in their own ways..Am sure whatever attention you give your wife (like taking her to the doctor, getting her medicines etc..) is out of anxiety and your love for her...same applies to all husbands in general.

The post on Telemarketing calls were interesting...Here we don't have such problems, but back in India they were a big problem, probably I can use some of ur tips to avoid their calls next time while am in India.

Take care and wish u a speedy recovery !

Love,
    Preethi

10. kanaka Raghavan

kanaka Raghavan IL Hall of Fame

dear varalotti sorry to hear that you were sick and very very happy to know that you are up and about.the posts were really enjoyable.my husband is a tower of strength to me.but he is in abudhabi for the past 2 years.i somehow mange to keep myself going. i feel even if the husbands do not do anything there mere presence makes all the difference..........................now a mere phone call makes all the difference to me...............