1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

i want a job in canada

Discussion in 'Indians in Canada' started by anusame, Jul 9, 2010.

1. anusame

anusame New IL'ite

hai friends
    now i am in pune basically we are from tamil nadu. i am completed MCA in correspondence and 3 year experience in teaching field i got marriage on 2008 but now i want to go to some jobs i dont want to got IT field i like teaching field if some bodies know any job pls reply me
    thanks

2. science

science New IL'ite

Hello
    Are you a permanent resident in Canada?
    If not, coming here on a work permit without a job offer is not possible.

If you are PR, and come here.......it has its own challenges.
    Any Indian degree will not be recognised. Except for some IT professionals. Jobs are too little here. Teaching job - almost every job here is part-time. People tend to do more than 1 job .

Teaching in Universities, you need PhD + post-doc expreience. And finally if your skin is dark, you may not get the job. Canadians (employers) will let you do a job, whcih they cannot or they do not want to or they cannot find a canadian.

Teaching computer science, i can say, you almost will not get a job in the first go. or may be never. Thats the truth. The style of teaching here is so different than in India, that you wont be able to meet the expectations of students here, unless you have been a student yourself here.

I know my reply is full of negativism, but thats the truth.