1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I too made a list !

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Anandchitra, Oct 10, 2007.

1. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Anandchitra
    yeh constant nagging does not help. You want peaceful and joyful enviroment just be happy with what is there in front of you. Issemay samajdhari hai. :-D You too are happy even they are happy which is very important in life.

2. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Chitra,
    Such a nice write up..you write from heart..so loved to read those homely knick-knacks....
    As all said, its impossible to maintain a list......and one truth is that while we think weekends are for rest, but most of us end up working more in weekends....:confused2: so do I..........
    In weekdays, I had to leave home at 7:00 am sharp, so dear hubby does everything....from preparing his breakfast to arranging the beds (he used to sleep longer after I left to work) etc....but I prefer to give the poor soul rest from these things, and also he will keep me asking for breakfast in weekends...so have to make something unusual for breakfast in weekend........then starts the day.......arrange the clutters of whole week..........laundry/ironing/vaccuuming
    ...........grocery...........launch in/out....again some outing/love to shop a lot.......then evening snacks.........then chatting..............finally dinner/no dinner......again end of the weekend.................. and a new working day...........
    this is our usual weekend routine............
    You won't believe that I had plans to do my Flex bills and some ironing which I am unable to do since one month.......:bang...........so I have planned to do it by this weekend POSITIVELY.........wish me luck...
    I have no kids yet but see how lazy one could become.........
    Regards to all........

3. Anandchitra

Anandchitra IL Hall of Fame

Meeta
    You have made me do this :rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
    thanks. trust me it has got nothing to with kids. maybe thats an excuse. maybe we try to do too many things?????:tongue

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Anandchitra,

Loved reading this article from you ! It made me smile the way you resigned yourself to cozy yourself with your loved ones and forgot about the list! Right, one has to recognize the priorities in life.
    Me, I became an expert at making list. If you live in Germany with Germans as friends and neighbours, you will end up making list, you have no other go. Add to it a scatter brain like me, you will be compelled to make a list!!! Oh..all those woes I went through 'cause I forgot an invitation or forgot to keep an appointment! I learnt the hard way.
    But guess what, I am in US now and I have become careless and don't make those lists anymore. But now, I feel I should. Making a list is especially helpful if you are having guests.......and for so many other things. But you can bet on it that my clothes are neat and my hair is in place....don't know about the brain below the hairline !!!!:crazy

L, Kamla

5. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Hi anandchithra,
    That was a lovely piece. A neat four walls is only a house and the mess by kids and familyshows their talent in interior decoration perhaps!. They outgrow it and we wish those days will come back.Thats is the enjoyable part of life. The scribbles on my wall by my GD not only brings sweet memories of thechild but I go back to the babyhood of my own children. You pour your heart out in all your writings,anandchitra.
    Regards,
    Meenu

6. Anandchitra

Dear Kamla
    you are bringing this thread from beneath. You are as kind in your posts as you appeared on photo. In the photo you could tell you are very organised and very beautiful. That comes across in your post too. Yes the lists do come in handy on many a occassion.

7. Anandchitra

Meenu Dear
    It was wonderful to read from your experience. You are very right and time does fly past very quickly. Now we are back to cluttered dining tables this and that but family is relaxed when i do not nag them so thats what counts.

8. prabhabala

prabhabala Gold IL'ite

hi chitra,

Wonderful write up. the way u are expressing the situations are great.....

I keep my house spik & span.

It is the atmost thing in my life . Everything has to be organised , done on time , 24 /7 I keep cleaning the house. Everything is written systematically in th white board.....

After reading all the posts as shoba has written I think I should relax my conditions & not impose too much of much of my cleaning habit on my daughter.

let me see whether I can change little bit.

may be our kids will remember the quality time spent than our clean house

prabha

Last edited: Mar 17, 2008
  9. prabhabala

prabhabala Gold IL'ite

hi veda sir ,

Shanthi is very lucky .........

I keep on cleaning my house ...........

everything is in order.........

after reading ur lovely message " house is not a museum " i laughed & laughed...........

Let me see whether I can change a little bit............ not imposing too much on cleanliness......

prabha

10. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Prabha,

Please no prefixes/suffixes pls...

I am happy that I made you laugh... Laugh is a good medicine...

Enjoy....

Veda