I Still Look Pregnant 5 Months After Delivery ?

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by EagerForInfo, Dec 5, 2016.

1. EagerForInfo

EagerForInfo Gold IL'ite

hello

I delivered my baby 5 months ago via v section. My belly is still big I still look pregnant. What can I do now? I did tie a belt for 6 weeks but now I f I l maybe I should have kept it longer. Please help. I look off. My baby was 8.14 pounds .

2. deepthivinayak1

deepthivinayak1 Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    For some it take long to reduce that belly. I took two years to reduce that tummy after my c section. I used belt but not regularly. Only way to reduce is by exercise. Go for walking with baby and see YouTube videos where u can do exercise holding ur baby and have fun. Consult ur doctor and if they say yes, you can try exercise like air cycling, crunches. Since u r breast feeding , weight won't be reduced. Once u stop it will reduce and once u exercise the loose skin in tummy will be tightened and reduced.

sindmani likes this.
  3. RUTVARAM

RUTVARAM Junior IL'ite

Same here also. After c section my belly looks different.. Lots of stretch marks..pregnancy look ( thopai in Tamil) ..belly button is outie..i also suffering from these. Six months now..waiting for my pre pregnancy look

4. bhagya85

bhagya85 Silver IL'ite

Hi op,
    It is a very common phenomenon post delivery.consult your doctor and start exercising as it is easy to retain back your shape in early days.

5. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

I gained 22 kgs in both the pregnancies. Took me a good 6 months to get back to my original weight - both time.
    Exercise is the only go ! Sweat it out.

6. DrVandhana

DrVandhana Bronze IL'ite

Hi dear,

You can start doing exercises regularly on a daily basis . Tie abdominal belts whenever you exercise or go for walking. Tie it tight enough. Practice yoga like bridge pose, boat pose, cat pose, ushtrasana, dhanurasana, bhujangasana, padahastana etc.

Ensure that you breast feed properly and for a long time, as this helps in burning up excess fat and calories.
    Concentrate on food patterns. Have foods at proper intervals. Avoid processed foods, bakery items, carbonated drinks, tubers like potato,tapioca and pulses if you have bloating and gas. Have more of fibrous foods, fruits an vegetables in salad form or as juices without adding sugar and enough of water

Thank you