1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I miss my mother

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by prathi, Sep 6, 2005.

1. prathi

prathi Bronze IL'ite

Most of us here are married women and many out of India.

After staying with our parents and family for so many years we do miss them a lot. Dont we? I have missed my parents and my inlaws since the days i started to stay in Malaysia.

But i miss my mother the most now. She is suffering from breast cancer, in its advanced stage. She is being treated for the same and I visited her for 2 months earlier this year..but to be very frank, i feel like being with her every moment. Whenever i talk to her over phone or chat she tells me not to worry and that she is alright. It has been a great emotional turmoil and am trying to just face all this and pray God for her better health.

Every minute of my life has become a nostalgia of the days i have shared with her. Those wonderful moments, when as a kid i ran to her abandoning my play seeing her return from work, those days of college when i used to ask her if i looked fine when i left home, the delicious meals she made, her scoldings when i was wrong and when she kissed me without any reason.

I will be visitng her this november..but i have to wait till then and i will miss her and everybody else back home till then.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2005
    1 person likes this.

2. Shakthi

Shakthi Senior IL'ite

It's the same...missing the family back home

Hi Prathi,

It's the same with everyone staying abroad...we miss the family back home. It is we who chose this kind of life for some reason or the other, the biggest compromise we made staying away from family, home and home country!

I really feel sorry for your mother's health condition. Don't worry, we all in this IndusLadies community will pray for your mother, to give her the strength and better health.

You know Prathi, I lost my mother when I graduated and was about to start work. She always dreamt of me being successful in career. I did have a successful career but unfortunately she was not with me 'physically' to share the joy. However I know her blessings are there for me ever and she is with me in all that I do.

The days spent with our mother are always good memories. Nothing can be compared to the moments we shared/share with her!

3. prathi

prathi Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Shakthi

Dear Shakthi,

Thanks for ur warm words. I posted the thread, just for the reason that my friends here would be with me to pray for my mother's health. I am sorry to hear about ur loss. However ur mother's blessings and all our wishes are with u for ur successful life.

U r right that we have chosen to live like this. We should have the strength to face all the adversities in life too.

Once again thanks for ur reply.

Take care

Prathi

4. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Chin up, Prathi

Hi Prathi,

Just saw yr mssg now, I don't visit this forum usually. I also live away from my mother and it is very distressing, especially since I lost my dad last year.

But just think of how lucky we all are, that we have spent such wonderful time with our parents. Whatever happens in the future, no one can ever take that joy from us and we will cherish it.

I will pray for yr mother. I feel that if a lady is mom to one, she is mom to all- all mothers are the same inside, only the packaging is different.

Maybe u already know this slokam; still I am puting it down, say it as often as you wish and Lord Dhanvantiri who is the Divine Physician, will watch over yr mom.

OM NAMO BHAGAVATHE VAASUDEVAYA DHANVATRAYE AMRITAKALASHA HASTAYA

SARVAMAYA VINAASHAYA TRILOKYA NAATHAYA SREEMAHAVISHNAVE NAMAHA

(I salute Lord Dhanvantiri who holds the pot of Nectar (Amritam) in His hands. He destroys all disease and is the Lord of the three worlds. I salute that Mahavishnu).

Take care.
    Vidya

5. prathi

prathi Bronze IL'ite

Thanks a lot

Hi vidya,

It was a very touching message from u. Yes i am also looking at the posititve side of things and trying to feel content that way. u r right about the memories of the times we spent withour parents. No body cantake them away from us.

I am sorry about ur dad. Though we know we have to go through these times in our lives, we can never be prepared for it right.

I will surely repeat the shloka u have given.

Thanks again and take care

6. sonu_627

sonu_627 Silver IL'ite

I too miss my mom

hi prachi,

i can understand what u feel.i lost my mom this july.she was suffering from gall bladder stones n got treated wrongly n got spetimised.i was in such a pain when i used to hear her pain in phone.thn from suffering full 3 months she passed away.she was just 44.i love her so much n miss her madly.

i m also a mom of 18 mths baby girl.i can understand mom daughter bond.its above everything.my mom used to miss me so much.she did so much for us but when it came to us we cant do anything for her.just waited for her to get well n one day she left us leaving lonely.

only mom makes family united.now i feel life is so lifeless without her.

just take care of ur mom.i will definately pray for her.

take care
    sonu

7. Shalumurthy

Shalumurthy Gold IL'ite

Guess im so emotional now.... i'm shedding tears for your mom!! May god give you and your mom the strength needed. Don't worry, God will never let you down!!

8. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Prathi,

I am deeply pained to know your mother is suffering from advanced stage of cancer. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your mother. It is so kind of your mother to give you comfort by constantly communicating with you that she is doing okay. Mom gets a very special place in the heart of everyone. I am glad you spend two moths with her recently and keep talking to her as many times as possible when you are away. She is going to miss being with you as much as you miss being with her.

Let the Lord of the Universe give your mother the courage to face it and achieve peace in her mind.

Let the Lord bless your family.

Viswa

9. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shalu & Viswa
    It is so very nice of you to offer your prayers for a distressed person. But in your anxiety, you may not have noticed that the thread is dated 6th September 2005 and OP's last visit to IL was on 21st May 2007. It is better to ascertain the activity status of the OP before we respond to a 8 year old thread.
    Having said this, I hope God has been kind to OP's mother.
    Sri

10. rajinitk4

rajinitk4 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Prathi,

Very sorry to hear about your mothers illness. Please dont worry your mother will be alright. I will pray to god to give you, your mother and your family the strength to overcome this dark phase of life. Please keep praying to god and you will soon come out of this phase. your mom will be alright soon and you can share many more wonderful moments with her. Just have faith in god.