1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I Love Malls, I Hate Malls, I Love Malls, I Hate Malls ......

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Jan 18, 2013.

1. plantscantalk

plantscantalk Gold IL'ite

When i'm out on the road on a hot afternoon with the sun beating the crap out of me, i scramble to a naariyal wallah, have a lot of coconut water and if i have time on my hands, i check into the nearby mall to get some aircon. In fact, i even walk into those high priced, snobby shops which price their goods in USD, ward off the salesfolk's sweet talk - 'Sir! Here's a plain white T for just 200USD. It lasts for almost 200 days! Long lasting', admire their aircon, try to see if some girl looks beautiful w/o looking as if she's walked in from a b'wood movie, give up in disappointment, refresh myself and walk out. With a full wallet !

4 people like this.
  2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Plantscantalk, I totally approve with the first part of your poa viz. drink as many tender coconuts as you can without running the risk of getting out of breath, or having to send out all the tender coconut the same way it went in so you can breathe easy. As for the second poa, I have a better suggestion. If you were to go to one of the better Indian "showrooms" and spend some time there pretending to examine some of their ware, they might even give you a cold drink on the house, because customer is king and atithi devo bhava - both principles apply to your benefit, you see. :-D

3. BHAVNAM6

BHAVNAM6 Platinum IL'ite

My dear Satchi,

when I first read the title....I thought....."come on girl make up your mind whether you like malls or not....". it is because I thought 'confusion' is something related to old menopausal woman like me....!!!

I am glad you stood up for yourself and made it loud and clear that you are not an old lady like Ms Marple....you could add my name in your list as well....haha I promise it would not bother me at all...I do respect my age and aging calamities....

if you ever invite me to your house .....please make sure you serve me your delicious soup in those bowls.....please......

it was pleasure to read the entire write up....

Love,
    Bhavna

'

2 people like this.
  4. cuppcake

cuppcake Gold IL'ite

Btw Satchi ever tried mall-walking? It's great when it's raining outside and not too crowded in the malls. All you have to do is lace up your shoes and forget the wallet at home

2 people like this.
  5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dea r Satchi,

i am sure satchi wanted to buy frozen fish, but with u around, she lied to u, that she wanted to buy other household items.She knows u are allergic to nonveg eh ! Poor kelly, she should ave had me as company, i would have helped her shop for her salmon, fish, and other such products , and then had half of it, as she would have cooked them for me.HAHA

i like malls, in the sense that u can move around, pass r time, which u cannot in a private shop where the salesman is after ur life to buy something, that way malls are impersonal. i always check out the food joints and have a bit of hot dog, things which i dont get at home, and of course the young crowd which makes me feel young myself.

The checkout line can be boring, i know, but so many brands and things under one mall makes it enticing, and here u have parking in the malls for a small price, so it is a pleasure to go there at times.

Regards

kamal

4 people like this.
  6. satchitananda

Hey Bhavna, making up my mind is one problem which I have been faced with since times immemorial. Now you have just given me an idea for another snippet. Thanks a lot for that. :-D

As for ageing problems, we sail in the same boat, so no worries. Why would you bother about your age or ageing calamities? I love your attitude towards something that others curse, bemoan and wail over. A high five for that to you. :-D

As for the soup, of course you will get to taste some of mine. No, jokes apart, I promise to give you some nice, fresh soup. :rotfl

Thanks a lot for the lovely feed back. It means a lot to me. :-D

7. satchitananda

I have cuppcake, though not here. Maybe I should try it out here too. It would be nice if the malls had some benches to sit on too, that would make it easier. :)

1 person likes this.
  8. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Dear Satchi,

Absolutely lovvvvved reading this snippet of yours, cos I luvvvv shopping. I could almost feel the excitement in u. While u stop @ lotions and gels, etc, I stop @ dresses. Yes, they make me go crazy and I forget momentarily why I came to the shop in the first place. My DF is the one strongly affected by this. He says I luk lyk I go into a trance state when we enter a mall from which he is unable to revive me, unless we come out of the mall. C, next time I come to b'lore we will go shopping, ok? :)

3 people like this.
  9. satchitananda

You have a point there Kamalji. My only problem is that I feel like buying everything I see and it is hard if I have my purse with me, and hard if I don't. Watching young people around is fine, but I can do that only if there is plenty of space around. My first instinct is to run away if the place is too crowded. One of the reasons why I love to watch big events like cricket matches or award ceremonies etc. on telly in my living room with a nice cuppa and a samosa or such like.

10. satchitananda

Done Ice. Just make sure we can go on a week day. I can foresee a lot of fun and excitement starting with the shops and ending up in the food court followed by a movie if possible. :-D

1 person likes this.