1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I have shed my tears

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by PushpavalliSrinivasan, Sep 20, 2014.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear tanuja,
    thanks for coming in and joining me and conveying your feelings.
    PS

2. Sai3A21

Sai3A21 Platinum IL'ite

It is indeed a great loss to the world of music. he is a child prodigee and well known for fusion music he created with Mandolin. May his soul rest in peace!!!

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Psmam,

i shed a few too.. having watched him with awe and wonder (being almost closer in age) and the way that mandolin flexed itself to be played by the prodigy, the legend.

Have heard that his personal life was a not great one but then it was his personal life and the yardstick of great is again subjective and individual one.

but what pains me a lot is the way we the people have become a way too judgmental. the man had collapsed because of issues with the liver, immediately we started to comment that he had a drinking problem, he was not so successful and what not. none have the time to really think what was the problem, make a lot of statements. i believe it becomes easier to judge and comment on these people because they are in the public eye and they will not bother with what is written about them or may be because they cannot reply!!

but the truth in mandolin srinivas death was he had a ailment (i believe sickle cell anaemia) and complications that led to the untimely death.

I am sorry if i am digressing. but somewhere deep down, i am pained at how easily we start judging people and making sweeping statements..

but the man lives through his music. as long as he has rasikas, and sishyas and ekalvyas who are inspired, he will live on..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TID7WyxbCOE
    U.Shrinivas (Srinivas)- Hidden trails - YouTube

4. satchitananda

satchitananda Finest Post Winner

Those whom the Gods love die young. It is quite commonly observed that child prodigies have short lives. Maybe God can't bear to be parted from them for too long and decides to call them home soon

May his soul rest in peace.

5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Mrs. Srinivasan:

Thank you for writing this post paying tributes to the outstanding prodigy. He redefined how Mandelin could be used at an optimum level to render some scintillating music. I was shocked to know that he had such a bad personal life. Every time we think of his performance, not only his ability to play Mandelin so well comes to our mind but always also remember his smiling face. Music has the ability to attract the Universal Absolute and no wonder we are all bound by his music. 40 years of contribution to please the Lord would make his life beautiful wherever he is now. Let him rest in peace at the kingdom of divinity.

Viswa

6. kalpavriksham

kalpavriksham Gold IL'ite

CAME (from divinity)

CONQUERED (the fraternity)

VANISHED (back into divinity)

ekadasi maranam,
    Dwadasi dhaganam,
    vera enna venum?

My heart bleeds !

1 person likes this.
  7. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear prema,
    An irreparable Loss for music lovers. Perhaps The Lord wanted to hear him play and so he has taken him away.
    PS

1 person likes this.
  8. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Shanthi,
    Though his personal life was not happy he never showed it outside and always his face was beaming with his radiant smile.
    Heartless people blabber without thinking and they don't realize they are committing a greatest sin to a noble soul by their unsolicited comments.

I have also read the doctor's report on his ailment.
    As you have said he will live through his music in the hearts of the people for ever.

thanks for the YouTube link.
    Love,
    PS

9. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Satchi,
    It is a great irony that God decides to keep near him, His loved ones and deprives us to have them in this world for long time.
    Anyway he left his music along with his mandolin for those who love his music.
    PS

10. PushpavalliSrinivasan

Dear Viswa
    Music has the ability to unite the world in spite of language barrier and Mandalin Shriniwas had mastered it and had become a world renowned person. An evergreen musician had left for God's kingdom.
    thanks for joining in to pay tributes to him,
    PS