1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I Have A Question

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by indubalram, Feb 25, 2023.

1. indubalram

indubalram IL Hall of Fame

My husband works for renewable energy company and he applied to participate in a conclave in mangalore university and he got selected. When I share this information to my parents or friends they just said oh okay fine. Why are they not talking about this to me? I can’t understand and I am feeling very sad and uncomfortable. Please help me. Thanks

2. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

What else are they supposed to say?

3. indubalram

Oh
    wow great awesome. Something like that. How did this happen! Etc lol

4. indubalram

Is this something they don’t want to talk Bc I have nothing on my end?

5. chanchitra

chanchitra Platinum IL'ite

They are old people
    Dealing with their health problems and pain.
    Also They may not understand the significance of the conclave

godsgp likes this.
  6. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Think from their point of view. Why would they say more? Do they know the particulars of your husband’s job? I recently got a significant promotion at work and an important speaking opportunity. My family said a few words of congratulations and then the conversation moved on.

7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

The page starts with response #2 and there is no #1. Is it hidden deliberately by moderator for some good reason. @indubalram ?

8. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

It's natural to want others share your excitement and be happy for your husband 's accomplishments. I can understand how you feel. But its not the right way to except others to respond the way you prefer as
    people express themselves differently to every situation.

I guess your family or relatives might not fully understand the significance of your husband's participation in the conclave or they have their own important things to deal with. It's also possible that they are happy for you, but are expressing it in their own way. Also, it wont affect their life in anyway. As your life background and experience are different now, not easy to perceive these things in the same way.

May be you could have shared more details on how significant it is or how difficult it is to get this opportunity. Some times we have to do own own projection. This might help them understand why this is a big deal for you and allow them to express their excitement in a way that is meaningful to you.

However, it's also important to remember that the opinions of others do not define the significance of your husband's achievement. Be proud of his accomplishment and celebrate it in your own way. Perhaps you could plan a special celebration with your daughter or close friends to acknowlede his achievement.

I have realised that its better to take success and failures in a detached way, but its a personal choice. So, I would suggest you to focus on the positive aspects and surround yourself with people who support and encourage you. Also, its better to reduce the over thinking aspect focusing on the reaction of others.Focus on things you can control.Congratulations to your husband and best wishes to you both.

@indubalram ji, I have observed that you need lot of validation from others to enjoy your own success. Why is it so? Why are you giving key to your happiness into others hands. Enjoy and cherish each moment.

Edit: I just noticed that you got an opportunity to train teachers. But if you think your own work is not great how can expect others to apreciate it. How did you celebrate these things? Did you treat yourself well?

If I were in your position, first I will buy flowers for me, treat myself with some chocolates, ice cream, buy something for me or take a break or prepare something special to eat or buy a cake and share it with my family or have a special dinner with my h and kids( to inspire kids mainly, I did it recently for one my acheivement. As personal interest can be different find what works for you). I make sure my own family atleast know these acheivements but as I am kind of detached I dont care how others take it. My happiness is not linked to others. If they are happy it may add, if not, still I am happy ( happiness of small things mostly). Believe in yourself and enjoy.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2023
    godsgp, Anusha2917, Rihana and 4 others like this.
  9. indubalram

I had got an opportunity to train a set of teachers in a school. When I told this to people I heard only a few words nothing. So I felt it’s not that very great thing!

10. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Hi - I am yet to see the question visible here? What is the question and how others are as able to respond without the question in text here?