1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I feel blessed as Shanvy and Aruna made my day

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Aug 9, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Life is made up of small pleasures. Happiness is made up of those tiny successes. The big ones come too infrequently. And if you don’t collect all these tiny successes, the big ones don’t really mean anything. ~ Norman Lear

Today I feel its a blessed day. When I logged in to IL and posted my pooja , lunch and rangoli photos I came across Shanthi's post Aadi Puram and Prayer. I always feel very happy when I get thambulam that too on a Friday and feel very blessed. In Shanthi's post she has done pooja for Devi with a garland of Bangles, then with coins and kept thambulam etc. We are so lucky that sitting at home only we are able to take darshan of Devi and today Shanthi made me happy with her post. It might be a small thing for others but for me if I get thambulam , or a gift or even money I feel very happy. For me small things make me happy more than big things.

I am not able to do elaborate pooja as by 8.30 , 9a.m. I have to finish cooking, chapathi for breakfast, then some vegetable or sambhar or something else for lunch with rice . Once I enter the kitchen in the morning I like to finish all the kitchen work and then be free. So I finish all the cooking. Then put kolam in front of God, give snanam to all the Idols that I have, then apply haldi kumkum, offer flowers to the dieties and then do archana to Lord or Devi. Then offer Rice and prasadam and show kalpur and both me and take karpuram , take blessings of God and also take my dh's blessings. This has been going on from the time I got married.

Today my maid was telling me if I come here I feel I have come to Temple and get peace. I should have born in your house, you and appa would have given me good education and I would have been very happy. I said what is there now also you can study , there is no age for studying.

Then I had to go out. Usually ideas to write a snippet comes early in the morning when I am in the kitchen but today it came later after seeing Shanvy's thread. I had to go out and on the road I was thinking what all to write . I was so engrossed in that , that I was crossing from a wrong place and saw a car in front of me. Luckily the driver or whoever was in the car I did not notice was coming slowly, dont know whether he saw me and slowed down or he was coming slowly. Glad he did not come out to shout at me , also it was difficult because I was in the middle of the road where vehicle can come from any side. God only saved me otherwise I dont know what would have happened.

After coming home I had to thank KNBG was nominating my thread , though I had posted yesterday night after seeing her post I wanted to add something more. I downloaded two photos one of which was a wrong photo. I did not know how to delete the wrong photo. I was surprised when I got a call from Aruna that too from Belgaum and told me how to delete. She also made my day today. So I am the happiest person today. We have such good friends here who are our wellwishers and always ready to help us. I am blessed to be a part of this wonderful site. Thanks to Jey and malathy.

That man is the richest whose pleasures are the cheapest. ~ Henry David Thoreau

It is a fact, that, most of the things that we desire in life are expensive, But truth is that the things that really satisfy us are absolutely free : love, joy and laughter – isn’t it?

Here is the link to Shanthi's post. All of you can take darshan and take the blessings of Devi

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/p...7811-aadi-puram-and-a-prayer.html#post2923426

7 people like this.

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji

I havn't done anything great dear. It was part of my work here. And I know until that photo is removed you will feel bad about it so I just helped you to delete it.

It is so true the things that satisfy you full are free of cost.

4 people like this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Aruna dear you are a sweet and simple person thats why you feel you have not done anything great. But for me its a great thing. Otherwise I would have felt guilty of making a mistake and that too in Finest Forum. You saved me from that immediately I posted. Thanks dear for stepping in first and for the first fb. which made my day

2 people like this.
  4. swathiiyer

swathiiyer Silver IL'ite

Hello Vijima

Again an awesome post giving credits to others... :thumbsup ... I like the way you become happy with smallest of things...:bowdown ... Love you for that...

I would like to tell one more thing... Please cross the road carefully and please dont occupy your mind with anything else while on road... Today becoz u got a virtual darshan of the devi in IL, God saved you :) :p

Take care and keep writing

Love
    Swathi

2 people like this.
  5. Uttaraa

Uttaraa Platinum IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]Viji,

Aruna is someone who will cable you to Mars if you are stuck to assist you with no expectations that you might reciprocate or even acknowledge her timely aid. (Drat! Blame it on Sats and her inter-galactic post for this imagination). So don't be surprised on what she can and will do!

I'm glad that it made your day! On a different note, to make your day perpetually - don't fret or get disappointed when you cannot make it 'first' everywhere. When the world's second hand transplant was performed, the chief doctor realized his team was de-spirited because they missed being the first to perform this miraculous operation. And he said - 'It does not matter who was first all that matters is who is best!. We might not enter annals of history as pioneers of this procedure but we will always be remembered as perfected the procedure'. The first transplant was botched and the second was a success.

It is okay to be second, third, fourth at times and as you are greatly and lovingly revered as being the 'BEST' here at IL, do not let this teeny obsession niggle the charm of everything else. You are undoubtedly the queen of charisma and bonhomie here!

I know ! I know ! I totally know sweetz how you feel ..;-)[/JUSTIFY]

5 people like this.
  6. Dinny

Dinny IL Hall of Fame

Vijima
    Isnt it great that these ILites here make your day...
    Life is not made up of great sacrifices or duties but of lil things in which smiles and kindness and small things given habitually are what preserve the heart and secure comfort....

1 person likes this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Swathi dear thanks for your appreciation. Yes dear I will take care while crossing, this time dont kno in which world I was. Thanks for your concern. True God saved me .

I

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Wow Uttara dear when I saw your feedback the day you posted I felt so happy because after a long time you are gracing my thread. You brought a smile on my face , if you were older to me I would have bowed down to you as I value your fb very much. Naa snippet lo vachina daniki chaala santosham. No words to express my happiness and feelings.

Yes Uttara dear I know Aruna is always ready to help whenever, wherever we are. Seeing her smiling face and sweet voice only we get bowled. I am glad that I had opportunity to meet her twice. I am really blessed.

Yes dear I should not get disappointed if I cant make it first. Its true it does not matter who was first all that matters but who is best. Thanks for the sweet message . Oh you made my day and brought a smile on my face saying that I am the queen of charisma and bonhomie here(though I did not understand what is bonhomie, have to go and see the dictionary:)

You have made a 70yrs old blush with your lavish praise and I take this as agift for my birthday. May God bless you and keep you always healthy and happy.
    ]

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dinny dear yes it is great that they made my day and you made my day by stepping in here. Thanks for the sweet message

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Viji aunty,

I just shared simple pooja, for the benefit of some of our ttc friends. i know the pain that most of them go through for just holding their bundle of joy. you are a sweet heart,and find pleasure in increasing the happiness that you receive it by sharing it.

Aruna is a sweety pie who will take that extra step if it could make somebody happy, that is why we named her queenie..

Be careful, and threads and fb's can wait, please stop being preoccupied on roads.

2 people like this.