1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I Don't See Light In My Life

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by lssony, Apr 29, 2016.

1. lssony

lssony Junior IL'ite

I spoke to dh, I told him very clearly that unless he stops drinking, abusing my mom n uncles, I won't join him.. I am suffering with cold n bit fever, when I repeatedly told him that am sick, he says don't do drama's, I think he doesn't even respect or thinks about my health. I don't see any change or realisation in him.. He says my uncles are cowards, who are changing my mind and keeping me with them.. But the thing is they are also very much irritated and annoyed with my dh, if he doesn't change police will be last resort.

2. waiting4rmlong

waiting4rmlong Gold IL'ite

If he really wants you and your baby tell him enough is enough and ask to come and meet when your mother and uncles and from their family side any elder people and in front of everyone ask tell him sorry for whatever done. In front of all ask him that he won't create any problems with his abusive things,he won't drink,he will look for job etc..because empty brain devil workshop. Then if these all done you can happily join. Tell your mother too be with patience when he is in opposite. First try all these options.

bruised234 likes this.
  3. lssony

lssony Junior IL'ite

He is not in control of his parents neither they care for them ( I realised wen I spoke with FIL about his abuse, FIL said let dh do whatever he wants). Dh side no relative is ready nor his parents are for talks. DH sends me texts asking how he wants to prove himself to me...?

Now what should I reply? Talks seems out of picture.. I slowly realising to live with my mom in another house instead at my uncles place

4. lssony

lssony Junior IL'ite

If my husband pleads, and I go back, should I resign my job as it is night shift and me being away from home is also making my dh roam outside n get drunk.
    Or should I resign after maternity leave but again I have to serve for 2 months leaving my baby to MIL which I don't want and this job is just entry level which doesn't pay much.

5. bruised234

bruised234 Gold IL'ite

Do you have a support system? If your husband does not care for two adults and beats them mindlessly, he won't treat kids who are powerless, helpless and innocent with love. Please keep away from him. For someone with his behavior, he can't expect better from you. If you decide to do the right thing, everything will fall into place. Your husband won't go anywhere if you are right. But if you give into his bad behavior, he will do as he pleases. It is another thing if your husband is all loving and nice to you, then you should think twice about doing anything. But for someone who raises his hand without using any judgement, he deserves that.

6. crazywriter

crazywriter Platinum IL'ite

OP, I would suggest that you don't think about any major life changes right now. Spend time to concentrate on your health and pregnancy. Tell him that you need to be with your mother during your pregnancy and delivery, so you will stay at your mother's house. Once the child is born, I would also suggest what the others have - take measures to secure your life and future.

The only reason you should continue in this marriage is if you love him and are happy with him. Being a single mother, two divorces, living in India, these are really not valid reasons to risk your life with an abusive alcoholic. Someone suggested to take him to AA. A person who is addicted to anything will not be cured unless the person wants to. No amount of effort from outside will work if there is zero effort from inside. I can only quit drinking if I want to - if I am forcefully taken to rehab, I will hold it against the loved one saying he or she is not allowing me to be happy. I will look at that person as the enemy, not alcohol. My mind is so soaked that alcohol is the divine nectar that will give me everlasting joy. This is the mind of a person addicted to any substance.

There are many single mothers in India. There are many single women (spinsters - closer to middle age and older) in India. People will talk on everything. Whether you choose to make your life decisions based on someone else's worthless gossip or based on what you want and what is good for you is up to you. Quote from Pirates of the Caribbean, 'Even the right decision made for the wrong reasons can be the wrong decision.'

Think of your life and safety and the life and safety of your unborn child. You owe that child safety and happiness. You owe happiness to yourself. You don't owe anything to anyone else. Do what is correct for you. Do not end up as a statistic on the newspaper's crime page.

God bless.

7. lssony

lssony Junior IL'ite

I decided to give him a last chance, I asked him to take a Oath in a temple tomorrow morning about not drinking n abusing. I know this is all risk, but I hope he may change with time. If he does again then I will leave him.

Thankyou ladies for your valuable suggestions, I will keep updating

8. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

no dont leave job at all.
    This guy is talking about killing your uncle,hitting your mom.
    OP this is serious case.
    He wont change.
    You need to talk to lawyer now about how to get protection.
    Tell your uncle,mom to change phone number NOW.
    Dont tell new number to DH
    This way your could shield them.

9. lssony

lssony Junior IL'ite

An update:
    2 weeks back I delivered my baby girl, she bought new hopes to my life. But things got even worse this time from my mom.

After discharging from hospital, my mom was with me, in laws, dh. DH n mom are not in talking terms. Mom refused to come to my house but I asked her to be with me. She paid 1 lakh rs from her side for delivery charges and remaking 55k by inlaws.
    My mom changed completely after my dads death. She became more stubborn. My Dh abused her verbally and bet her which mom didn't forget. She started to fight for silly reasons with my MIL. I gifted car to my parents when I was working before marriage, I gave them cash but they used cash for something else n took loan for buying car, this wen my dad was alive. Now after marriage parents gave that car to us, as they don't use it n dad doesn't knew driving. Dad committed suicide after 5 months of my marriage.

SIl visited us, mom asked her for some help in kitchen she refused then my mom started to taunt her whether is she queen to rest with out doing anything while visiting her brothers house. They started arguing n it got heated up. I was in bedroom dh in office. I intervened but cannot control both of them. I started crying, banging my head, this was just a. Week after my delivery and said I will commit suicide. My mom started abusing me for marrying my dh, abused mil. I called my dh unable to bear these fights, he came furiously. We were in bedroom n banged our door. Now my mom abuses dh for banging door. Sil left, I asked my mom to leave to his brother's house. My cousin came to pick her

10. lssony

lssony Junior IL'ite

Next day mom returns to my house, the moments she comes, she threatens me she doesn't wanted to come, n she will return to her brother's place. It seems my grandma n aunt pleaded her to stay with me as I do not have my family with me. Next day she said she will cook for me n her. Asked mil to be away from her in kitchen. She became very unstable that kitchen is not clean etc.

I slept for couple of hours, after waking up my mil told that mom is abusing dh in phone while talking to my aunt. Mil said that she doesn't want to be heard someone abusing her son. This conversation heard by my mom she got furious n abused mil very badly. I asked mom to leave my house that moment. She left to his brother's place