I don't like the new forum

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback!' started by aamrapali, Nov 19, 2013.

1. TheAlchemist

TheAlchemist Silver IL'ite

laugh1smiley I followed your post on "ad-blocker" last night and installed some AdBlock Plus and went to bed ... since morning every time I logged in it was all jumbled and I blamed the "ad-blocker" ... uninstalled it ... tried IE (and it said IL doesn't work on IE 8) and then firefox and gave-up. Now when I logged in, its all fixed. So, I guess they tried to fix something and that led to a regression and they fixed the regression now. Anyway, we are all good now but I won't try the "ad-blocker" for some time at least:coffee

2. TheAlchemist

:hatsoff I don't work here but thinking aloud thinkingsmiley if I did, you would be on the testing team already. This upgrade that just happened does (technically speaking) open the doors to come out with a mobile app in the near future and you access it on your iPhone so you will be the perfect tester ;-) and sitting in the same time-zone as rest of the team. Skills can be trained but not attitude and you got the right attitude :thumbsup

3. Uttaraa

Uttaraa Platinum IL'ite

Perhaps, patched this morning. It looks good now, the ad-blocker is a red-herring.

1 person likes this.
  4. Uttaraa

Uttaraa Platinum IL'ite

On the contrary, I'm the runt in my team. I've given up on the superlative wit, knowledge and waggishness of my confreres. Playfully, emails are sent with citations, references and wiki-links not to have a conniption and whack my computer when they deliberately do that as tease. Company, matters! (company and the company)

If you are on Chrome, install 'Chrome Dictionary' and 'DictionaryTip' extensions on the browser, online reading is a pleasure with these tools. You double-click the word for meaning to pop-up. You need these tools when you read online, 'clearly' , 'evernote', extensions for maximum productivity.

5. lucky22

lucky22 Gold IL'ite

IG...yes, :iagree that ads are part and parcel of a website...I didnt mean to complain that ads were distracting, what I really meant was I see a lot 'more' ads after the upgrade. Again, it might just be me...may be i havnt payed much attention on the older version

6. Uttaraa

Uttaraa Platinum IL'ite

IG,

Are you imputing the slowness of the PC with the ad-blocker or the malformed page seen earlier in the morning. Good now, with and without ad-blocker.

It is not the page download time but the ****malformed**** page we are talking. May be I am not getting your point or missing on some technicality or you trying to be cheekily mumpsimus?
    doh1

1 person likes this.
  7. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

I had to move to google chrome....explorer dint make it. And yes, sometimes slow loading sometimes not at all. Also loading a different page from home page is sometimes a mission.

Not sure but have ads gone more??it looks really crowd y.

ps:Saw the old flowery look...Its very nice!...can we atleast get that look?...

8. Uttaraa

Uttaraa Platinum IL'ite

Finally someone who is speaking the same language. How is everyone traversing sub -forums of a different forum. May be I've mistaken but there was some option, can't recollect, to easily navigate from home page earlier. I'm baffled if I was hallucinating! :crazy

1 person likes this.
  9. TheAlchemist

:thankyou2: Now I get it.

10. TheAlchemist

I couldn't have said it better, do I have to sign somewhere ;-)

1 person likes this.