I Don’t Have Anyone To Party With!!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Jan 1, 2024.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

It’s New Year’s Eve and tomorrow am cooking a lavish lunch..just for me,hubby and child.
    Being abroad with no family around..

I don’t have many friends here..maybe I have issues. My relatives and me don’t get along coz all the reasons were listed in the old thread.Gosh! I must be really a terrible person to be around right??

Anyone I call to wish are busy with some party plans and I don’t have anyone to share my happiness with.. don’t know just burst out in tears and even to share I have only IL..

I am always told am polite and even in IL I think am polite I guess..

I want people to share my happiness with..

just had to share..

anyways..apart from the above..

a very Happy 2024 to you all! One thing is I do feel good to be a part of this IL community..:)

sweetsmiley, gknew and chanchitra like this.

2. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

Hi Anika,

Happy New Year.

Even I was the same. Just with my husband and kid only. But the day before that we went to an association program and had a DJ with friends over there.

31st we are just ourselves and it's okay.

Go to a temple, a good park, and some public spaces, and take so many family pics. Cook something as a family, and play games with the family. May the new year start with a family bond.

I used to follow your threads.

Don't take life too seriously.
    Learn to pick the right battle.
    Set the right priorities.

May this 2024 be the best year in your life

Lots of love and warm hugs

anika987 and needawayout like this.
  3. needawayout

needawayout Silver IL'ite

agree with salad here. Dont take life too seriously.
    People who party with arent great friends or well wishers.

If you want people around you, then try some meetup groups or just some pubs where you can go party and come back. That is how everyone parties these days too.

Very rarely do people have good relations with other people to come over and cook together and all that movie kind.
    Moreover, people have their own internal issues in their own house - husband wife, husband inlaws, working late, studying whatever whatever and would like some quiet time when they get it.

Happy new year to you too. :)

anika987 likes this.
  4. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Hi Anika,
    Wishing you a lovely new year 2024!
    You have lovely family to share your happiness and I feel that is one of the best blessings. You are polite and no doubt on that thing. It is okay to be not having many friends and parties as long as you are enjoying your company. Please be kind to yourself and try to make your life like a rainbow within your limits. I don't know where you are living, if weather permits go for a walk. Go to special places near by you with your family or watch movie with your favorite snack pakora and Tea.:)
    By the way, I would like to know what you made for your special lunch today, as I may get to know new dishes. Have fun with family / your self.

anika987 likes this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Hi dear IL friends..thanks for the replies:)
    I actually enjoyed my day..getting up early and putting devotional songs ..then head shower and did Aarti for god..made good and have it to two neighbors and it felt good to see them brightly smiling and it made me happy to feel their vibes.

Happy new year once again to all of you:)

Thyagarajan and Mistt like this.
  6. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Hi:) I made vada,kuzhambu,daal,rasam,taro curry nicely fried :) and cabbage peas curry along with payasam.So much food and then couldn’t help but doze off!

Mistt likes this.
  7. gamma50g

gamma50g Gold IL'ite

@anika987 and ILItes Wish you all a very happy New Year!! @anika987 I spent yesterday and today at home. Nothing special because my family is sick since the past couple of weeks and I am the only healthy individual left to take care of the remaining 5 sick people. I cant even step out of my home because someone needs something all the time!! Whatta start to 2024 :grimacing:

8. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Wishing you a good year ahead! Hope is the only thing we need now I feel :)

I am hoping for a better year and am sure you will have your day too soon! My best wishes

gamma50g likes this.
  9. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

:) That is the spirit:thumbup:!
    Yummy food, Anika:yum:! I don't have any idea about kuzhambu, so checked the recipe. I will try one day.

anika987 likes this.
  10. mayflower2014

mayflower2014 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Anika,

I remember from your old posts in the parenting topics that you had twin girls. But recent days, you mention kid/child/girl in singular. Just curious if it was another person/id and not you. Sorry for a personal question though.