1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I don’t cry,am I a hard hearted peson?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by mithila kannan, May 11, 2010.

1. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

Dear Mithila Mam,

You are not at all a hard hearted person. Atleast, we here in IL are sure about it..You are a loving person. It happens with so many people that they can't cry in front of others.

I hardly cried before marriage but now I am senti kinda person. My eyes would water in every sad or happy moment. It is surprising to me that it happens only in front of my DH and not others.

As deepa also said, it is sometimes that one doesn't want to make others sad with their tears.. They are not hard hearted but they are strong people.

Regards,

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mithila
    No not at all you are not abnormal. You can include me into this category. I am also a hard hearted person tears come very rarely especially, when I feel helpless of something, I want to do it from my heart but not able to do it that time no idea how tears pour down my eyes. If a close one is sick or a close person passes away I do feel sad about it at the most eyes gets moistened but not pouring tearing down the eyses.

3. mithila kannan

mithila kannan Gold IL'ite

My dear deepali,
    Thank you so much for those loving words.
    Be cheerful,happy and enjoy life as it ought to be enjoyed.
    love
    mithila

4. mithila kannan

My dear Aruna,
    Iam exactly like you.When something sad happens my heart also hurts but I just can't cry.Iam relieved to know that there are many like me.
    love
    mithila

5. abhatv

abhatv Senior IL'ite

Hi Mithila madam,
    First of all I am so glad to see your posts again. Hope you are keeping well.I read your post and the fbs. I feel that crying or not crying isn't the real issue. What you feel is what matters most. Crying does not mean that you are tender hearted and not crying does not make anyone hard hearted. There are so many who shed crocodile tears at the drop of a hat without a semblance of any feelings.
    I for one will not only cry while watching serials or films but also laugh along with the characters portrayed. What does that make me? My children will keenly watch my face rather than the TV. Maybe they find that more entertaining................

Love and Regards,

Abha.

6. sln

sln Platinum IL'ite

forgot to log out from SLN's page,.sorry.
    mithila

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2010
  7. mithila kannan

My dear Abha,
    Thanks for the b.

Crying does not mean that you are tender hearted and not crying does not make anyone hard hearted.

I can't agree with you more on this.You said it.My daughters alsao watch my face even while seeing a movie on the tv and if there is an emotional scene.
    love
    mithila

8. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Mithila mam,

Whenever i read yours, i always feel you have got a strong mind:bowdown

Dont care about those people who judge you by whether you shed tears r not in tough situation.

Keep up the spirit:thumbsup

9. Sobhi

Sobhi Senior IL'ite

Hello Mithila Aunty

I too fall under the same category as yours and many others who have replied to this post. Growing up in very tough/ painfull conditions in childhood, being more responsible from a young age, growing up outside home (Hostel) for education purpose for quite a number of years,

When iam faced with a problem, i start thinking of a quick solution to start working towards the problem. Dont sit and brude or make a big issue out of it. Also when iam hurt slightly, burn my hand while cooking just take a minute break and then continue.

I see some people so delicate that they cry at the drop of hat. Feel frightened at the sight of a cockroach......... I find it so funny..........

If I have back pain, headache.....dont complain much, get some rest or take a pill........

I see some members in my family making a big issue for even a small stuff..

We are all not hard hearted, but I would say we are all More Practical and strong people capable of taking our own decisions withour being dependent.

So in a nutshell........iam in the same boat as you.

regards
    Shobha

10. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Mithila,
    I admire you for your strong heart.
    I am too labelled as 'Parabrahmam' during my younger days..
    When my dh went through by-pass, I didn't show any emotions at all.

Nowadays tears fill my eyes, for each and every senti things..I blame it on aging..:biglaugh

sriniketan