1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I Cried!And That Too On Seeing A TV Show! Varalotti In The US 8

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Oct 3, 2007.

1. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello sridhar

ingum thaan seigiraargal
    tsunami vanthavudan
    ellorayum avasaramaai
    onraai ore idathil
    `adaithu'
    avargalukku
    pazhaya ? thunimani
    sappida thattu
    paathiram ellam
    etho gracious a
    seivathu pol koduthu
    avasarathil athu thevai
    enru kooda avargal paavam
    ninaikka....

konjame konjam naatkalil
    adukkadukkai veedugal
    addukkadukkai kooraigal
    ippadiyum oru thiruppama
    enru avargal viyanthu kondu
    irukka...

athaan namma ooru stylil
    thottaal noringi vizhugirathaam
    paarthu ? paarthu kattiya veedugal
    engiruntho panam vara
    engeyo kai maara
    kal nenjam enru sollamal irukkave
    kattinaargale karayum suvarugalay
    there are exceptions ofcourse...!

that was a wonderful show

aanalum sridhar angiruppavargal katreenavin pothu avargal makkalaitham treat panniyatharkum ingu gujarat boogambathinpothu nammavar treat panniyatharkum eni vaithaalum ettathu...uyara uyara parantha indiayargal....paarthu paarthu viyanthirukkirathu channelgalum news papergalum

sathya

Last edited: Oct 5, 2007
  2. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    Having a taste of life out there i guess! And learning a lot lessons and sharing with us all!
    Have been catching up with a lot of posts.....did read a few of yours too....but this one prompted a reply immediately! Did bring tears ....when a human beings selfless help is recognised, it does feel emotional and good! And not to mention the love , .......the labour of love has its own sweet fruit, doesn't it?
    Good one, keep sharing.....:clap
    Did like the trolley lesson,....to give up and let go! And it does give some solutions, or applies brakes to a present situation.....( well i am pondering over a situation at home, thats why mentioned this...he he!)

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Most Gracious ILites,
    I did not want to add one more post before you start your great week-end. But yesterday I met, read about three amazing people and today I cant help writing about them.
    You want to know about an 81 year old groom, a window cleaner or a courageous woman?
    Go to the latest post in the Saturdays with Varalotti Thread.
    Have a great week-end.
    Love,

4. varalotti

Dear Malathi,
    Thanks. I missed you in a number of posts in the US series.
    We can deem our life a success if we can make a difference in another person's life. Nothing else - money, career, fame, whatever- can define or indicate success better than this.
    Regards,
    sridhar

5. varalotti

hello sathya,
    you have a valid point there. Katrina was a public disaster. It was Government's responsibility to provide relief. But as usual the US Govt did a sloppy work. Indian Government is far better than its counterpart.

Extreme makeover is a private endeavour. It has public support. Naturally they are creating miracles. Doing wonders.

It takes nothing short of an "extreme makeover" to make the site's poet, Sathya, to visit this writer's forum.

Needless to say, I am honoured by your visit and your post.
    regards,
    sridhar

6. varalotti

Dear Sudha,
    I am happy that you like all these posts. I should say I am learning a lot more off my training site than on it.
    Everyone I meet gives one lesson or the other. If you see this Saturday's post, (hot from the oven, posted just a few hours ago) you will see that even US' Aam Aadmi has something to teach us.
    When a labour is a labour of love, the labour is its own fruit. The wages for such a labour is the opportunity of doing it.
    Well coming to your words on give-up, let-go I sense that something is troubling you. I'll pray for you.
    Have these magic words in mind. But dwell over the problem thoroughly before you take a decision one way or other.
    When you feel that it is well over your head, don't attempt to solve the problem yourself. Leave it to Him. He has wonderful ways of taking care of us. JK said, when you throw yourself at the lap of the Universe it has an astonishing way of taking care of yourself.
    All the best.
    regards,

7. Vysan

Vysan Gold IL'ite

Dear Varalotti,

I dont mind you taking all the revenge on me, as long as you bring in real time humanitarian isues... In this materialistic world where people are becoming too selfish and run after and crave for money and fame, if somebody is doing real good social work.... We need to appreciate that... They need a big heart to do that...

In India we are seeing people not able to take care of their kids/parents etc. etc. Selfishness... Reading all these things at times we think whether the concept of humanity is lost or vanished...

So, when we read such good ones, we feel... yes... it is not totally lost....

Thanks...

Veda

8. sujathae

sujathae Senior IL'ite

Dear Sir, This post reminded me of our great poet Mahakavi Subramania Bharathiar who gave away the rice which his wife had borrowed from her neighbour for the day's meal to the little hungry birds. People like these are very rare to find in these days where each one of us are worried about our own selves, our family and children. Most people don't even think of their own kith and kin. The world has become more and more selfish and self centered. Such programmes r needed to bring the human beings to their senses. Interesting writeup.

I too agree with Shobana and Abha. When we used to buy National Savings Certificates in India a few years back there was a lottery system and the winner would get a Maruti car. For collecting the prize they had to pay around Rs.30000/- as gift tax. That was a big money for a middle class govt. servant then. So he had to either forego the prize or sell the maruti car to someone. This is something like that.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2007
  9. varalotti

Dear Sujatha,

Yes, Bharathi used to do that. And when his wife looked at him helplessly Bharathi sang his famous poem, "Kakkai Kuruvi Engal Engal Jaathi. Neel kadalum malaiyum engal kootam. Nokkum idam engum naam anri verillai. Nokka Nokka inba kaliyattam."

The crow and sparrow belong to our class, our caste. The long sea and the mountain ranges, are part of our tribe. Wherever we see, we see nothing but ourselves. And lo, what a joy, in seeing us everywhere around us."

I am not sure to what extent Bharathi's act will be appreciated by the ladies. And to what extent can we approve giving hurting oneself and one's dependents. But giving was not a deliberate, rational decision for Bharathi. It used to happen to him. Just like that.

[/quote]
    When we used to buy National Savings Certificates in India a few years back there was a lottery system and the winner would get a Maruti car. For collecting the prize they had to pay around Rs.30000/- as gift tax. That was a big money for a middle class govt. servant then. So he had to either forego the prize or sell the maruti car to someone. This is something like that.[/quote]

Sujatha, that 30,000 is income tax deducted at source. Since the prize is in kind they have to shell out the money in advance. But even after that they have a car worth Rs.2,00,000 plus. There is no need to forego the gift. They can arrange short term accommodation for Rs.30000, get the car, sell it and then pay back the money.

In any of the prizes of this kind, tax considerations are there no doubt. After all, we poor accountants have to make a living.
    Thanks for the post,
    regards,

10. varalotti

Most Gracious ILites,

Even the world's most shining gold coin has the other side. The other side of the most expensive diamond necklace will look awful.

To balance my last few posts I am writing about the other side of the US, this Wednesday.

Let me have your views.

Love,