1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I am taking a break from IL

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jun 13, 2013.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

It doesn’t matter for how long the room has been dark; for a day, or a week, or a year, or for ten thousand years. The moment you bring in a candle; darkness vanishes like it was never there. Similarly, it doesn’t matter for how long we are stuck in a sense of our limitations. The moment you decide to break free, nothing will stop you……

Everyone needs a break from their routine. For some its a sweet break and for some not so sweet. Children need a break from their studies. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. So along with studies they have to take a break and go and play . But now a days children dont go out to play but they will be busy playing indoor games and now a days they can play so many games in Computer. Even kids below the age of 3 or 4yrs their mother puts music or children serial for them to eat. They need a break from playing .

Maids also need a break but not a big break that they lose their job. Now my maid also has gone to her native place taking a break . She said she will come back in 10 days but its more than a month and no address of her. She never kept a substitute too . Last year when she had gone I had kept another maid and when my maid came back she was pleading to keep her back. That time I told her since I did not know your whereabouts I have kept her and now I cant tell her to leave. Luckily for her we shifted to another house and she came back. More than a month I had been doing the job. Last time when she went another maid known to me was working upstairs was there. This time she had also taken a break and few days back she came but not coming regularly.

When I was working also used to take a break during the time we went on tours, during delivery etc. Once when I had gone for delivery a new lady was appointed on my place. She was very happy to work for my boss and when I came back did not feel like leaving. But luckily my boss was very happy with my way of working so she was transferred to another department. She used to send mail for my boss in a cover with lot of stapler pins. My boss was very nice and sometimes he used to clear his mails and not wait till I clear. So he was once telling me tell your friend not to put so many stapler pins. When I told her she was telling why you are troubling your boss opening the covers. I told her he likes to help me out when I am busy and he is very independent and is concerned about his staff. We should take a break and everyone should miss us and not that take a break and make people happy that good this one is not there now and not take a long break that we lose our job.

Now let me come to the point why I gave so many examples of taking a break. I am taking a break from cooking and also a break from writing in IL which is become a hobby for me. One in a way I need a break from my cooking as I feel like eating dishes made by others. But this time I am happy that I need not cook for sometimes but cant see my dh cooking. After retirement I do the cooking and dont trouble him except for my mil and pil's death anniversary he likes to cook. Now he is also more than 70 yrs so me taking rest and he cooking feel bad. My dil would have helped but she goes to work and our house is only one room and kitchen so she cant come and stay with us too. Anyway my dh will manage and hope my break is not for long and soon I am able to start cooking.

I am going to take a break from IL too from 15th June as my Cataract operation is fixed on that date. I will be missing my love that is snippets and my dearies here. Hope I am alright soon with bright vision and able to share my experience with you all. Though I cant read, write, use computer, watch TV but I think I can hear music, make garland for God. I asked Doctor whether I can cut vegetable he said its ok. I can take break from the above but I need not take break from thinking, dreaming, making plans for the future. My 70th birthday is nearing , so I can make plans for that. Have decided to have Narayaneeyam on Star Birthday so in my mind only I can make a list of whom all to call, what return gift to buy etc. etc.

I could have written this tomorrow as I am away only from 15th but you allknow how selfish I am and my expectations too. If I write today I can read the fbs today and tomorrow. Just like me taking a break my computer also will take a break as my dh does not know to operate.

Ok dearies and my loving daughters take care , waiting to read all the new snippets , the nominations etc.

God's guidance is like a small lamp in a dark forest. It does not show everything at once but gives enough light for next step to be safe

45 people like this.

2. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

I wish you a successful cataract surgery - do come back with a bang. All the best Iyerviji.

2 people like this.
  3. Anitap

Anitap IL Hall of Fame

Get well soon Vijima. And come back soon :)

What a suspense. I saw the title and never expected that it would be you :)

2 people like this.
  4. arthimahalakshm

arthimahalakshm Gold IL'ite

dear viji mam,

i pray GOD for the success of your operation.get well soon and come with a lot of brightness.i will miss you here.

2 people like this.
  5. mrunalini01

mrunalini01 Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Loved your words, Vijima

Get well soon.

2 people like this.
  6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Vijima, wish you a very speedy recovery and hope to see you back soon. It is nice to know that you already have so many plans to keep your mind occupied when you cannot do other things you are normally used to doing. Good you will get some enforced rest for some time.

Best wishes and lots of love.

2 people like this.
  7. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Wish you all the very best Vijima. Don't worry! You will get well soon!
    And you are right about taking a break. It really helps you to be better when you resume. -rgs

2 people like this.
  8. Mumtotwo

Mumtotwo Silver IL'ite

All the best for your surgery, Viji ma'am...get well soon :)

2 people like this.
  9. revathysankar

revathysankar Silver IL'ite

hi mam,
    Get well soon and come back dont worry mam ur operation will be successful and enjoy sme days by eating yummy recipes from your dh take rest take care my prayers are there 4 ur speedy recovery mam take care

1 person likes this.
  10. coolwinds

coolwinds Platinum IL'ite

wish you a speedy recovery and like Anitap said, come back soon!

1 person likes this.