1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I am PROUD of DH!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by loonypooh, Jul 19, 2010.

1. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Loony,
    It was a nice +ve post, reminds me of my days until 2nd trimester, when I was restricted to home, my DH working from home voluntarily, he stocking up the fridge and making every effort for me to be more comfortable, off time feeding to distracting me from throwing out, I felt I couldn't have been in better hands. We made 1Kg of mathri together to meet my apetite.
    That was it ... those chapters of life turned into a history for me and kids. Even if he works from home he refuses to move anything at all...

His fault.. he loves to share daily details with everyone :bonk whether they can handle it or no, eventually got a lot of MIS-guidance on what a husband should and shouldn't do...
    Anyways each one has his/her own share of good days & support from spouse, I cherish those days.

2. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Kudos...My Salute to your DH...Forget those Neighbours and the "Four" people(Naalu peru) who talk behind your Back..They are useless chaps....

Cheers,
    Brahan:thumbsup

3. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Pooh,
    Awesome effort your DH makes, very rare to come by these days!
    Truly you are blessed, whether you go to work or not the neighbours are gonna talk, let them, turn a deaf ear and march ahead lady!

4. asha_karthik

asha_karthik Silver IL'ite

poonam - very nice of your DH; and you too, to have realised what he is doing is special. it indeed is !

mine is learning baby handling after our second one. that is, now, he can take care of my older child independently; cannot meet the demands of the younger one without my support. but this is all is expected from a boy who hasn't moved a thing for 25 years of his lifetime. but for his planning skills, motivation & readiness to adjust with anything starting from food to sleep, i just couldn't have thought of continuing my career.

5. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

hey Pooh... saw this thread just now.. you have a wonderful DH there.. being a WAHD, your DH seems to be doing the best for his lovely princess and you.. from what I know from you, Z and your DH's bonding is so special.. it has come so naturally to your DH to take complete care of Z. I am proud to know a successful WAHD.

except for the first 3 months, while DH was scared to top feed him and change diapers.. whenever I have work longer hours than DH, and while I was abroad on official work for few months, DS was only 1.6 yrs old and DH took care of him so well.. spent sleepless nights but never cribbed to me even once.. I felt he is a better parent than me.. even now DH takes complete care of DS while I am not around.. right from his birth.. he also updates me abt DS's activities now and then while I am away. having such a spouse leaves us with such peace na..

Hope you have weekends off so you can pamper your DH as much as you like.. not because he is helping you taking over your role too but just to let him know he is doing a great job. 'You guys rock!' (my DS loves to say this now and then)

6. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Poonam - you should definitely brag about this man - he's a wonderful dad!

AD - Mine is very good about helping me too and can take care of DS very well when I am unable to. Arent we lucky to have such nice men in our lives :)

V.

7. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

You have a wonderful husband and your DD has a wonderful father.God bless your family!

8. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

sure we do V..

my dad is just the opposite.. he could not take care of me for a few mins without mom around.. he is capable of engaging, playing and putting a child (me while I was a child and now DS too) to sleep but he cannot feed, change clothes, diaps, etc. for ex. this morning, just when DS was abt to finish his breakfast, my dad danced in front of him and made DS jump (in the name of entertaining him) and in a minute DS brought out all that he had eaten.. poor LO went to school empty stomach.. knowing my dad and may alike men in my family, I didnt expect any help from DH.. but he did it so naturally as if he has done all of it before.. even his FOO is surprised.. I tell me sis(s) to train their DHs with their LOs.. but nope, the women are left helpless most of the times.. maybe it just comes naturally for some men.. good that we got hold of such men in our lives :)) JK.

9. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

I dont know about coming naturally...inclined to think that some men make an effort in that area and many others dont..maybe they see it as not being part of their territory or something... I also see many women stakingout childcare as THEIR exclusive domain and the poor fathers are always criticised for everything they do (or dont); naturally they are afraid to do anything at all and would much rather keep out :)

Poonam - sorry for hijacking this thread....

V.

PS - btw my Dad is the same as your Dad - he bathed a child (DS) for the first time in his life last month when he was here visiting :)

10. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

shilpaMa- His fault.. he loves to share daily details with everyone :bonk whether they can handle it or no, eventually got a lot of MIS-guidance on what a husband should and shouldn't do...
    oh thank god, after moving to a different city altogether, we hv almost NIL problems... i dread my days with MIL!

Vanathi, we indeed are very lucky, and we should brag :). God bless our families!

bhuvani, janani thanks!

Asha-so true! we can only think of working fulltime, coz of the time and effort DHS put in to ease out a lot of things !I hv always appreciated how efficiently u take care of 2, and still work full time.Kudos to u and him!

AD- yes arthi, unless we let them do things for bubs their way, we would rather always take it, that they wouldnt be able to do it! but its interesting how successfully they parent the babies, with hardly any prior experience in this subject or even household chores.