1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I am only the reason for everything?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by dars, Jun 13, 2014.

1. HasteRaho

HasteRaho Platinum IL'ite

Don't rely on him or his mother for any support. You will have to become independent and self-sufficient...and move on from this marriage. This is not a healthy set up and don't think for a minute that passing your exams, getting a job, or having children will be the magic bullet that will make them become completely different towards you. Do you really want to put your future at stake for these superficial people who will not bat an eyelash for you? Who don't care enough to support you or help you succeed? I'm sorry your arranged marriage didn't take their behavior or background into account before but not all is lost. You have the opportunity to find a happier future here...so take it.

Their carrot-on-a-stick approach is disgusting and demeaning...especially when the carrot itself is rotten and worthless.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
    5 people like this.
  2. MrsBV

MrsBV Gold IL'ite

as everyone here has already said to you OP, he is clearly using you. have you never visited his work place? this is really odd.. i understand that you dont want to hurt your parents but do you think your parents will be happy knowing your current situation.. by what i understand i believe your DH being a mammas boy must have had sex with you only after discussing with his mom.. this kind of a relationship with his mother will never allow you to develop a close relationship with him.. its best if you move out for some time to understand their motives.. you have a job so make sure you are saving enough. and it maybe difficult but concentrate on your education for your better future.. not for anyone else's.. good luck and all the best..

1 person likes this.
  3. neetugtb

neetugtb Silver IL'ite

These are not the times when women sacrificed their lives for their husbands, children or parent's reputation. What has happened with you is really unfortunate but the better part is that you can come out of it.
    There is no dearth of good people in this world. You have a long life ahead of you. Being qualified and financially independent would work for you and you have a chance of settling down with a person worthy of you in future. I don't want to sound rude or harsh but leaving this man doesn't mean that you won't get another chance to enjoy motherhood. Kids can wait but your financial and educational stability won't. What you can do in making a career today, you won't be able to do after 5 years. Moreover, with a kid it would become difficult for you, your prospective partner as well as for the kid to settle down. Don't feel you are alone, you have all IL's supporting you. Don't hide it from your parents, whether they understand or not, take your own decision, you can support yourself.

3 people like this.
  4. mirrorimage

mirrorimage Silver IL'ite

try to clear your exams..though its personal choice wehn to have kids..I would say please wait...
    Clear your exams...Looks like your husband is more interested in woman who are more career oriented...so not for him..but for yourself find a good job and make a strong career...For now atleast stop thinking of what your husband is doing to you or just dont take him into your mind..let your career alone be your priority...
    I would say...you should talk to him ..make him realize you are much more worth than he thinks you are!
    I can understand how single sons can be....and how their mother feel you will snatch away their son from him...
    Just stay there..be brave..be strong.....
    work for yourself..and live for yourself..no one else...

5. haritha789

haritha789 Junior IL'ite

Dear OP

First of all you are doing an excellent job by keeping up yourself. If i am not wrong you are mentioning about ur CA exams. I can see that your husband has married you just becos you will be CA one day and will have chance of earning more money(sorry if i am rude but this is how it seems). Or let us think that he is concerned about your exams, if so, he should be consoling you when you could not clear your exams as ever one knows CA is not something like other graduation and pass percentage is below 10 and coming down every year and he should be building up your self confidence as your better half. Anyhow i could see you in better position compared to some of my frns who were in similar situation but could not understand the DH/IL's cnning behaviour and regretting now.

I would suggest you continue with your job and writing your exams without loosing your confidence just dont think about ur husband/IL. One more thing why do you want to stay with your IL's of your DH is somewhere. Move to your mothers place so that you will be free and also can concentrate more on ur exams. Am sure everything will be normal when you clear your exams. then think if you want to continue or not with this selfish person who does not see you as you or assume you as an free ATM for him.

PS: I dont know why you have not mentioned your studies but sorry for disclosing it in my reply.

2 people like this.
  6. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

Your husband might belittle you...not your studies. You can trust education 100%...not for him, do it for yourself!

7. pantu

pantu Gold IL'ite

Hi, First of all he is not a human being let alone a good hus. He has no jobs either.He is making you realize you are inferior to him. Study hard and clear you exams. Move on girl! Don't be a door mat.

8. dars

dars Silver IL'ite

thanks for being with me ladies.More than one year married life now am feeling better after sharing all those things with you people. Thanks a lot.

2 people like this.
  9. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Its good to hear you feel better :) keep your head up and back streight beliefe in your own strength and im sure you will handle them well and have success in your exams hugsmiley

10. dars

dars Silver IL'ite

Thanks RedRuby:)