1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I am not good at giving tittle, hope what I have written makes sense

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jan 12, 2010.

1. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

dear viji,

dont worry about the titles. Your writings are sensible. There were changes in all stages for which our great grandma and grandma worried about. Now it is our turn. The majority current youngsters are neither have time to look after their children nor in the joint family, that the new generation is the most affected ones.

ganges

2. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear Viji,
    Your titles are always interesting, and so is your post. You posts are also thought provoking.
    Jaya

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sai

If children have their grand parents to take care then no problem , otherwise they should have a good maid servant who takes good care of the chidlren

love
    viji

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Pushpavalli Madam

Glad to see you here and thanks for the wonderful fb. Right you are when I have so many fans why think of electric fan, I like your humour at this age , what Mindi said in your other thread is correct.

Now everything has become essential. One time we could live without fan but now even a minute it is difficult to stay without fan especially in place like Mumbai where it is always hot.

Good that you got a job after the children grew up , because when they are young only they need us more and we can also see their day to day activities.

Thanks once again for the loving fb.

Regards
    viji

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sara

Enjoyed reading your post in which you have described everything so well.

Glad to know you liked the post. Nice to know you like to be in joint family when now a days girls want to stay alone with their husband and chidlren.

Glad to know that your grandmom lived ahealthy life for 96 years. Olden days our ancestors had fresh food with no kalapadam and used to do lot of work which kept them healthy and lived also longer. But now a days we dont have fresh food and not in time so get sickness. God bless your parents with good health.

Since I was a working woman I can understand the problems which working women face. Now my daughter has also started going to office I try to help her in whatever way I can as she stays separately adn her in laws are staying nearby.

I dont know how I brought the topic of love marriage when I was writing about materialistic things. The thing is actually I have no time to write but still want to write so in that I must not have thought about.

Though my daughter is there still my granddaughter will come to me only and I think she does not like me to sit at the computer.

Sara it was nice of you to come here and share your experience.

Hope you will like my reply

love
    viji

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Padmini

As I told you earlier your fbs are always intereting to read and has some message in it. You are right new born babies are born in AC rooms now and they get all the facility which our children did not get.

When my two children were born we were staying in a chawl and top red bricks were there , so with fan also it used to be hot. Those days no diapers and not much variety of things for children.

What you hve written in the last line is so tru.e

love viji

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sudha

Thank you very much for your lovely words. This love and affection only has brought us closer. Its encouragementfrom you and others only make me write more and more.

love
    viji

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ganges

Thanks foryour loving words. True the present generation is much affected especially working women face lot of problems. But for some both have to work otherwise theycant lead a happy life because of the necessities we have in this modern world.

love
    viji

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Jay

Thanks dear for your loving words. You always give me encouragement

love
    viji

10. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Gud afternoon Viji Aunty. Finished all Pongal work, watched TV and while watching started drowsing. Still felt like stealing some PC time becos both DH and DD r having a short nap. Else one will start playing and the other chatting thro Facebook.

So ennoda thookam forego panni ungaloda post going through. Realities of life dont need a title on top. As everyone has rightly said only the content matters.

These things that u have mentioned many pass through in their lives. I was very much in a joint family. Though my inlaws could take care of my son (my first born), by the time Sudha was born, my MIL made it very clear that she cannot take care full time. Engayaavathu Creche arrange pannidu. FIL and MIL used to keep touring and I did not have the guts to question them. So put my daughter in creche and the first day, went to office and wept like anything. My officer said, just wait and see how ur daughter adapts to the creche and how u feel relieved after a month. And this definitely did happen. Though i too felt bad initially, I was happy I took the right decision. U know Sundays and other holidays too, when she was a kid, she would be ready with her creche bag and say kelambu crechkku pogalam. She used to learn all the Bible verses and hymns so well and chant for anyone who comes home - when she was 2 yrs old. And when she was in 2nd std she got the 2nd prize for Gita Chanting. Bible oru pakkam Gita oru pakkam.

Definitely she is bolder than me and quite matured - later I had no regrets of having put her in creche.

So, olden days things were different - my days were different and I dont know how my children's days would be. So we have to, I think, keep moving with the waves and reach the destined destinations making compromises wherever required using our prudence.

Any way a thought provoking writing and ur post reminds me of an article. Before coming to know of IL I used to be a fan of Kavitha's blogs. I do not know if I can give the link there. Typical description of olden days houses - my!!! how much I enjoyed. If u tell me whether I can give the link here I surely will. Am sure u will enjoy it even more. If oru IL praandhayittu ingaye thavamaay thavamirundhu madhiri ungalodellam enjoy pannaren.

Bi. (A-Z la nammale raaja nammale madhiri so Manglish, Thanglish, Telunglish ellam pesinom. Is it ok if in other posts also I use thanglish like this. U r my senior here thats why asking u. Am not thorough with IL rules and procedures.

Keep writing and keep giving us joy.