1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I am hurt

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by kavithavel, May 26, 2010.

1. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

hi kavithavel,
    dont worry dear. everything will change in a span of time. try not to think of your in laws. my prayers are always with you:):):):) cheerup:thumbsup

2. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Kavitha thanks, I always adore you & Blessed primarily for your iconic patience.
    You're doing an extra ordinary job of maintaining so many babies at the same time and still in a sane mindset.

Yes you really need a break so that your worth can be assimilated if at all by the lesser minds... pls keep it going.. AUG is and still not that far...keep spirit high... For some people the complaint registers need a renewal on a daily basis.. however you really cant let them hurt you cos they're used to a specific behaviour.

Is it possible to renew ties with family and brother? It shall be of great help, find atleast brother on chat or facebook.. else take a vacation to a close friend or family. Does your office has a retiring room? For me I reach this stage when am highly sleep deprived, take a nap of 10-20 mins at work before getting back to the jungle.

3. vaishnavidurga

vaishnavidurga New IL'ite

Dear Kavitha

You are surely the best DIL. Happy to know about your nature. You are surely a good human :). Even i am in the same boat. I am in my 7th month of pregnancy but still doing all the work right from morning tea. Dont worry pa , one day they will surely realise . You are right you need a break.
    I always think about one thing. How nice the family will be when they also behave and love the same way we do. Both can benefit...Guess we must pity for their ignorance.

I understand that these memories will surely hurt you and you need strong will to overcome all these.
    I wish good things come ahead.....

Vaishnavi

4. kavithavel

kavithavel Senior IL'ite

Thanks a lot Shilpa,
    I am still not that great as you, I read a post in Shanthi's special needs kids thread.
    You would require a lot of those energy to fight with IL and take care of a spl need child, well my dd doesn't come exactly there , she if fine but has some lil problems from birth and I know how I had to fight with IL's and am still fighting to keep her treatment on and with a twin child (Other boy, DS of mine) life has really been challenging.

Well coming to revive contact with parents or bro..well have done lot of those effort, chats, mails, calls, except for going in person, I have called them several time and everytime I end up with a wound in the heart for what I receive from the other end.
    They never respond to my mails, and to my calls, they are forced to take the phone as I call from diffrent numbers and hear all that they have to say and put the phone down.
    Office doesn't have a dormentry as such, can't do that relaxing here and at home out of Question.
    Over and above all this office and home I have to manage tons of things outside, we made the payment to my childrens school without being aware of my DH going to travel abroad and now am fighting to get a refund, I have paid as much as 1 lakh for 2 of my kids...I need to put both of them in a near by play school after getting the refund as they have never been to school before, they need some orientation before they go to the US.
    Continuing in the same school where we have admitted them would cause a huge loss if I leave in between or within the achedemic year.
    All I can do is save a lil if I withdraw before school starts, I m atleast asured of getting half of the lakh back otherwise I will have to pay the rest of the fees immaterial of whether my kiddos are here or not and only then leave.

oooohf...I guess I am cribbing a lot, I better stop here shilpa, before I really bug you.

Love,
    Kavitha.

5. kavithavel

kavithavel Senior IL'ite

6. kavithavel

kavithavel Senior IL'ite

I guess your right Vaishu.

Love,
    Kavitha.

7. vmtaurus

vmtaurus Bronze IL'ite

Hi Kavitha

A big hug to you girl! I wish I had even a fourth of the patience and maturity you have!
    I just have one thing to say. My MIL also had a love marriage and married into a caste 'lower' (as society defines) than her family. Her parents never came to her marriage and her sisters and brother treat her like **** even today. I feel very bad for her, as I know at that you always crave your maternal family! I only say this....especially...after watching her going to them and getting hurt over and over again...in spite of making so much effort, if your maternal side has never responded, please let go. The only thing that will keep happening, otherwise for the rest of your life is they will keep wounding you till you completely break!
    Also, please tell your husband. Let him know that you do not have their support, and it means that you expect a little extra from him. Just like he is expecting you take care of his mother (and her mother!phew!) This is the least he can do. He MUST know how much you have given up to maintain the sanity in the household and not break up the family.
    Good luck to you Kavitha, and hope god continues to give you the strength to cope with everything!

8. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Kavitha, no am not bugged but amazed on the amount of juggling many of us do cos we try to fix everything and everyone around us in an amicable manner.

I shall tell you my source of inspiration, this was a lady who stayed right opposite to our house, had a 4 yr old, then delivered twins, had a love marriage and hence disowned by both the homes, DH on a US project ever since twins were 3 mnth. She single handedly managed 3 kids when awake from 6 am to 10 pm in the night along with driving to and fro 15 kms everyday and working in office. She left elder one to school, twins with a neighbour aunty who shall later cut veggies for her in eve. I was not having babies then and I shall see her placing 1 child after the other as young as 4 mnth into the car and running around.
    Later her husb joined her when her twins were 9-10 mnth and he met with a horrible accident and was in caste & screws... now she had 4 babies, he soon left for US for another project, I offered her help, she appreciated and said.. let me see how much can GOD test me.

She never shed a tear but was an ICON of woman power to me, who alone celebrated every birthday in that house and to top it, shifted to another house after a massive fight with the owner all alone.. still no family/ friend came.

Many people tell me that God knows whom to test and treat life as an increased level of gaming difficulty, easy lives are like starter level1 and very few make to top levels.

9. kavithavel

kavithavel Senior IL'ite

Wow......
    Hats off to that lady whom I reading about.
    I am so happy to know all of us draw inspration from some one or the other..
    I have seen so many such mothers and so many such ladies fighting thier battle all alone.
    I had absolutely no support from my DH or any of my IL's in terms of handling my DD's treatment.
    She had eplipse and was on physio as well...I used to carry her all alone to the clinics , carry one and hold and drag my DS who is just 2 min young.
    There were my neighbours who used to peity me and I used to tell them only one thing, why don't you guys come along with me one day , you can see so many mohters carrying their 5 yr, 6 yr 10 yr who has not even learnt to sit as yet and they know that they have very lil hope on thier kid, still they struggle to give and do thier best.
    In which way am I greater than those mom's . I was atleast clear and I atleast know there was a solution to my DD's problem.
    Isn't god great to me????My SIL who cursed the god on me having deleivery a premie and a kid who required some extra attention then.
    I gave her those example which I never saw , but knew and said....god knows what to do , when to do and whom to do....
    May be the child is born to me because god knew I can take care and treasure her.

Hats off to that neighbour lady of yours once again Shilpa.

10. kavithavel

kavithavel Senior IL'ite

VMT,
    Thanks a ton dear.