1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I am happy that I could be also of some help

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jul 15, 2011.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

The Senior Citizens have formed a Samithi and they go and help when someone expires. I think I have already mentioned about this somewhere. All the men are sixty plus and only some are there who are below 60 yrs. These men go anytime to help and arrange for everything. The Vadyar has to come and do his part. My dh also is in this Samithi

Yesterday my dh's friend phoned and told him that today there is a duty as someone has expired. My dh was to go after 8.15 a.m. Before that there was another call saying someone else also has expired. So my dh told him after finishing in the first place they will come there, that might be after 11 a.m. depending upon when they finish the work at the first place. But that person phoned two, three times and was clearing his doubts.

My dh was saying these people inform us immediately after someone dies. They want us to be there immediately when someone dies , then later they will say someone has to come and make us wait there. So now a days they see that before they go people have come so that they need not wait.

After my dh left again that person from the second place phoned and was saying we are not taking to the cymmetry where mama told. As it is my dh had told him that in one cymmetry you will get the materials only after paying and in another they can get the materials without paying because they know them. So I told him you better phone the Vadyar because he only has mobile and ask him to inform my husband.

Then again there was another call saying there is a death in another place. This call was from their friend. Then later call from the place where someone expired. I gave phone number of the Vadyar and told that gentleman to call him and find ut when they will be able to come as they have already gone for two deaths. Dont know how long it will take there.

I was happy that my dh and his friends are doing a great job and today 2 cases and they might go for 3rd case also and dont know what time they will be back. They will be late for lunch. But these people dont worry about all that and only think of helping the family.

2. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai ma,

Helping tendency should come straight from the Heart then only the helper will fetch a good result of his help done to others. Since Mama did not care about other aspects his aim and his thought was to help the needy that was his motto.Humanitarian touch means not only to feed the Poor but to help the people really who are in deep trouble and this kind of help should be an appreciated quality. I bow down to SAMITHI Policy.

3. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Nice to hear about this SAMITHI Viji ma,Good people are always there to help the needy!

4. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Mama is doing a great social service ma !!
    Not everyone will come forward like this and do especially where the word "death" is concerned.
    Bless him with long and good health always and to all his fellow friends in their service !!

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sreema, Sireesha and Sudha

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for the appreciation for my dh and his friends and also for the good wishes