1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I am happy: I am not Billgates

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by swathi14, Jul 8, 2009.

1. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Some years back, I have to take about 2 lakhs from Bank for the office salary and bonus.

Its a crucial time that Accountant could not accompany me and the office driver was engaged in some other work.

After withdrawing the amount from the Bank, I waited for an Auto. I waited in the Bus stand. I just took a look of the persons waiting in the bus stand. A man was looking at me and trying to get my concentration towards him. He looked rough.

I could not realize him and I was really afraid when he approached me. I hold my bag tight but later he told that he worked as a watchman in my son's school.

Oh God!! I really mistook him. Then I took an auto. Till I reached the office, I was not ok. I asked the auto driver's name and address and send the details as SMS to my office, so that if any problem arises, they can trace the driver.

I asked so many questions, but no details went to my mind. I literally thought, that some bad things will happen.

But, I reached office safely and I handed over the cash to the cashier then only I was back to form. On my return journey, I took the same auto.

I asked the auto driver to stop at a decent hotel to have a cup of coffee, bcoz my head is breaking like anything bcoz of the cash tension.

But, I could not get the change for the Rs.500/- in the hotel. My auto driver paid the amt for me. When I refused, the driver said, Its okay mam. You are so caring about my family and you enquired abt my kids education and everything. I felt you like my elder sister. So nothing wrong in paying for a cup of coffee.

I really felt bad of myself to hear the reply. I got all the details from him to know about him and to ensure that I will safely reach office with my 2 lakhs cash. But he thought that out of caring and love, I am asking these details.

I really felt ashamed of myself. I could realize that when I am having the cash, I could not enjoy all the joys in the roadside and only concerned about the money I am having.

I forgot my hungry & everything and my only concern was to submit the cash to my office.

I really wondered how all the Ambani's, Billgates and Mittals and Bachans are managing their life!!

With 2 lakhs i lost all my happiness for that moment. THey are having crores and crores of rupees. I dont know how they are enjoying. I was really happy that I am not Billgates...

andal

2. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

Dear Andal,You really linked the right people for right situation..Nicely narrated too.. Even, we worry to keep our jewellery and cash in home for the fear of it getting stolen..

3. depressed

depressed Bronze IL'ite

Nice thoughts , Andal ! peace of mind is most important- everything else will follow.

Love,
    "HAPPY"

4. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Andal,

Wonderful and thoughtful blog...

Maybe you were more tensed because you were holding the office cash. I agree money brings in more unhappiness. Here we have to note as Swami Chinmayananda used to say..we should have all the luxuries and enjoy them but should not become their slaves rather it should be the vice versa.

A thought provoking blog Andal.

5. Neetz

Neetz New IL'ite

ahahahaha!!

so true,Im glad Im not any of them too...the worst part is,Bill gates isn't a guy who made his billions the fair way.people are forced to buy his products without a choice,and burn a nice big hole in their pockets,and the stupid virus makers ,who dont have enough sense to see that their viruses affect the people and their hapless computers,not bill gates,LOL...what to say of his karma...ahahaha...we are way better off than these rich guys!

6. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Andal
    I dont think you have to be guilty of asking him the details, because its always good to be on safer side.And its really glad that it made him feel better.I also had more or less similar experience:
    During our HM,the hotel guys had sent a scorpio to pick me and DH from airport and it was 4.5hrs drive to the hotel.On the way driver asked us whether we would like to have tea and took us to a small tea shop.After tea when we were going to pay the bill ,the shop keeper said our chay and samosa bill is already paid by the driver.Both of us were pleasantly surprised because though we have travelled many places this was first of the kind experience to us.And he was adamant that he wont take the money:( Me and DH was at loss thinking how to react to the situation...

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Andal

I can understand your situation when you had such a large amount with you. Anyone in your place would have thought aboutthe safety of the cash and that too it was office cash. You need not guilty of asking the driver about his family.

I usually dont trust anyone so easily. The other day when I was going to see Aruna, I was asking one shopkeeper the way and one lady came and touched me at the shoulder and I got scared . She was actually showing me the way. In Bombay u cant believe anyone , so after she went I was seeing whether everyhing in my bag is there and whether my jewellery is there .

love
    viji

8. manchitra

manchitra Senior IL'ite

What you have mentioned in your post is definitely true. If we are having valuables with us immediately we are overcome by doubt, fear etc.I have had two occasions where my purse was stolen. The situations always makes us to be on our guard.

9. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Hai Deepali,

Nice to see your comments. Thanks for the FB.

andal

10. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Hai Viji,

Its true that now-a-days, we cant trust others. The world has become like that now. Thanks for the comments.

andal