1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I am confused... Need helping hands to clear my mind!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by reachls, Sep 20, 2012.

1. reachls

reachls New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

This is going to be a big post.

I got married 6 months back. My husband and I are from two different religion and yes its a love cum arranged marriage. I am 29yrs old and My husband is almost 6 years YOUNGER to me. I am the elder daughter who has taken the responsibility at home after my dad lost his business. I have been earning for 7 years and my family is in a better position than what we were. But my husband is the youngest of the four from a very well to do family and he is the most spoilt brat at home.

None knows about our age gap including our parents since they will not agree for us to get married. We decided to share the marriage expenses. Unfortunately he could not arrange any money and I did the whole wedding. He said he will give his salary for the loans that I have taken up for the wedding. We married knowing each other's commitments and agreed to support each other and live happily.

We lived in his parent's house for 5 months and we moved out due to his parent's irritating expectations and annoying sisters which in turn created problems between us that my husband has brutally hit me three or four times and every time I end up in hospital. So I decided to be in my mom's place until I recovered and never step into that house unless we find a rented house to move out. My husband made a big fuss but finally he agreed to move out. Ofcourse my parents and my sister gave money for advance and everything.

Things were fine but I always felt that there is something fishy and something is going on with my husband. when he leaves home to office he does not communicate to me even when he is travelling in his office cab and always says he is busy at work. I believed him completely. But I have been an idiot, until I saw his unusual post paid phone bill which neva go above Rs300 was Rs.1199 for the month of August. I am the one who pays the bills, loans etc etc.. So I was a bit annoyed and checked his bills and found that Vodafone has charged his messages which they generally dont since he has some 9999 msgs free for a month.

Apparently I just came across a specific number for which msgs and calls were exchanged at midnight, early mornings, throughout the night till morning and many long hour conversations. I decided to analyse the data completely. He has sent msgs to that number exactly during his breaks, travel, @ busy office hours too but everything happens when I am not around. I would be begging him to message me once he reaches office/ while eating ( to know if the food is good or not since I just started cooking) and he has never done. But he had all the time in his world to message that number alone.

I found that the number belong to one of the trainee ("GAL") in his own office. I was so upset on why would he do this to me. I did not know what is going on. Iam a very straight forward person and I keep everything transparent to him. When I asked him why his phone bill is this much. He said one of his friend used his phone to call and msg his gal frnd. He stated that it happened when I was in my mom's house and his friend always accompanied him every night. I still believed him but two weeks later I came to know that his friend's gal frnd's name is different from the "GAL" whom he has been talking to.

I was like good God please tell me the truth. I was very angry and when I asked my husband why would your colleague speak with your friend. He said his friend wanted to speak with that "GAL"l since they are from same community and its just for fun. He convinced (He is the best at the art of convincing) me so well and even called his friend in front of me and asked if he paid half of my husband's bill since he was using his phone. His friend also said Yes. I still beleived him. The next morning I got a call from his friend and he told me the truth. He said " You are a very nice gal and I could not hide the truth to you. It is your husband who is been talking to that "GAL". Despite telling him not to do this he continued talking to that "GAL". He forced me to lie to you and I did it thinking you both would not fight over it since he promised me he will no more talk to that gal"

Banggggg... All my faith and trust shattered in a min. I feel so upset over why would he lie to me. His friend says that my husband is using me and he will dump me soon. My husband has called his friend in some instinct and he came to know that I know the truth. He simply mailed me " Stop poking nose into my personal things. You are screwing my happiness. She is just a friend. I am married and I will not do any nonsense". Saying this he changed all his passwords (gmail, facebook, yahoo) so that I do no have any option of looking into his september month phone bill or I don know if he has some mistery going on in gmail and facebook too.

I don know what has he go to talk over the phone for a long time when Iam not around.I appreciate him having friends (doesn't matter gal or boy) but I should know them isn't? Let him talk in front of me and have a healthy friendship just lik the way I do. He wants to keep everything secretive from me and then why should he be living with me? He has no guilt of lying to me... He has not owned up his mistakes.He still feels what he did was correct but if my call is on wait @10pm he shoutes at the top of his voice and questions whether I am cheating on him. I feel miserable. My world is restricted to six people and I don talk to anyone other than them and they are my family, my two best friends and my husband. He knows that very wel but still behaves this way.

I agree he is very young for a marriage and I try to put up everything. I try to think everything from his perspective. When he wanted to marry me I explained him every disadvantage of marrying me. He accepted everything and promised me he will do anything to keep me happy. Bla bla bla... I can put up with his irresponsibility but not his infidelity anymore or I should know how to handle it atleast. I cant be living my life all the time chasing him like this. I hate it. He is a person with extreme anger and love and will never listen to anyone's advise including his parents or siblings

Am I taking it too serious or being the annoying donkey or is he the real cheater box? I am clueless... I don know what to do. and I don know what he needs in life. Please tell me what I should do next?

IMPORTANT: I have caught him two times like this in different situations after marriage and both the times he denied his mistake and this is the third time.

2. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

he is a cheater, get out of this mess

1 person likes this.
  3. JustMyself

JustMyself Gold IL'ite

He is not ready for a committed relationship with you or anybody for that matter. Am sorry, but you might have to bite the bullet and move out of this marriage.

2 people like this.
  4. Yathriga

Yathriga Silver IL'ite

cheater! stay away!

5. sam9san

sam9san Gold IL'ite

Kal aanalum Kanavan Pul Aanalum Purusan, Both of have promised on marriage to stay and support each other in life, fulfillment of life. In this Maya world insecurity and perversion cannot be avoided. it will take one in any form Thought, word or deed. Both of you cannot escape for the promise made before the Agni, it is for seven janmas. Be loving and accommodating, life is along journey. Never spy on your husband, no one likes it, some may react very violently. Remember man in the past had many wives , ladies lived with tolerance and accommodation. Marriage is for Sex, Sex should be only for procreation, If it is for enjoyment then there is damage involved. Maja me Saja Hi. Pain follows pleasure always. Watch your own thought word and deeds that will be just enough.

6. coolwinds

coolwinds Platinum IL'ite

cuckoo@ at the above post.:crazy

OP, time for the boy to lose his sugar mama. just 6 months of marriage and what do you have to show for it: physical abuse to the point of getting admitted, multiple EMA's, lying, cheating, refusing to grow up. c'mon, you are a strong, confident, responsible lady. you can do better than that. do you really need to ask "if it is serious enough"? you bet.

i cannot understand it. successful, capable, responsible and high-achieving women allowing themselves to get played. stop being user friendly. usually, a woman takes that kind of **** for the sake of children, other difficult factors. some reason why they stay on in less than ideal relationships.

it's early days. i would just want out of such a relationship at this point. either that or he grows up, does his part of being a partner in this marriage and treats you with respect. ask yourself, the way he is right now, is this the kind of man you want to have children with? is there any fulfillment in this marriage?

9 people like this.
  7. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

He is cheating on you.
    Not sure whether it's appropriate to do this, why don't you call that gal directly and find out what's actually happening?

If at all there's nothing fishy taking in between her and your husband then the whole office may know that you called her etc.

4 people like this.
  8. rosemary12

rosemary12 Silver IL'ite

:bang :bang :bang :bang :rant :rant :rant :spin :drowning :hide:

12 people like this.
  9. jmsd

jmsd Silver IL'ite

Dear OP

You have been strong enough to support your family,manage expenses of your marriage,support your husband financially and move out of a pestering in laws house .
    I see you are a very strong personality :bowdown.
    But emotionally you are vulnerable.
    You want you H to recognize all that you have done or are doing and pay back emotionally.
    IMO you need to be bit more strong and firm with your H.
    Tell him that he is married to you and if he cheats that is not his personal matter as it involves and affects you.
    Do not hesitate from talking to the girl you suspect.It would be perfectly alright to ruin his reputation.
    Your husband seems like a teenager.Discipline the kid that you married.
    Threaten him with divorce(he might have planned to dump you but his ego will not be able to take rejection) and the aftereffects of it alimony and stuff.

The spoilt brat just needs tough discipline.

10. nimnik

nimnik Silver IL'ite

He is cheating for sure.. no doubt.. please stay away other than putting you and your family into trouble.