1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I Am Always Grateful For What I Have

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Shanvy, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji,
    you are welcome...yes i am always grateful for what god has given me.....

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

subbusir,

you are welcome...yes a photo/visual makes a bigger impact than a written message....

It haunted me for quite some time...I have learnt to do what i can to lot of people.....

yes i followed your link...you are doing a great job.......

I wanted to post it...so that a few more hands joining to help the needy is what is the need of the hour.....

3. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Dear Shan,
    The pictures of poverty are really haunting and depressing.I also can say that my family does not waste food.We are really fortunate in livivg i that partof the world where we can eat and live contented.
    Regards,
    meenu

4. RamyaVaradharajan

RamyaVaradharajan Bronze IL'ite

Hello Shanthi ma'am,

I have come across the same in my mail list. Of course, as you mentioned, the impact, certain "social photos" leave in us is something that is par beyond words of expression. They tend to live in us for so long that it creates an awareness (at first) and then strikes our inner mind that how blessed we are when compared to all those who are struggling to find a way to live.

Whenever i come across these kind of situations, i sit and interrogate my own thoughts with the persisting knowledge. How are we suppose to act, given the fact that this exists throughout the globe? Are we to create awareness regarding the same? Are we to plunge into action to help those who are suffering? Any person who views these photos will at first become depressed and then start to take oaths that is essential of us to carry out through out our entire lifetime. But what is required of us? What is expected out of us? What are we heading towards?

All these questions are to be unraveled in order to reveal the secret of life. We are expected not to praise anyone for what we are; but to estimate our own position in life as what the supreme power has gifted us with! As my father keeps saying; "There are two levels of comparison which a man can associate to his life. He feels to be gifted when he comes across a beggar in the road. Another is that; he becomes jealousy of seeing a comparatively richer man". A lot to be connoted from the incident quoted.

The way we define our life is left to our own self. The way we have to lead our life is also within us. Why do not we take an opportunity to create awareness regarding such social conditions that prevail in the globe and try to reach an opportunistic solution!

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi ramya,
    Yes. This pictures have been circulating for quite some time.... and the one where the vulture waits for child to die....is the one that has been doing more rounds as it won the pulitzer.....and I had written this a year back....

Your father is right... the outlook and comparison differs with each person...

Every person is aware of these things as poverty and hunger...but what do we do..for the people...here i would like to say...until few years back i used to support a very reputed ngo...then on restrospecting myself...i withdrew my support and started finding orphanage and people who were in need and would not be reached by the public...reason the reputed ngo will anyway get funds.....

Again, i do my part...giving back a little... Charity should start from home....

6. RamyaVaradharajan

RamyaVaradharajan Bronze IL'ite

Hello Shanthi ma'am

It is true that each and every one of us should do some kind of service to the mankind in need of the same. My mom is involved in "Grahma seva" and other related activities. According to me, all of us can celebrate our birthdays in a different way that will leave a mark in other's lives. Not only cladding ourselves in new attire will make a birthday an auspicious one; but to serve those who are behind the poverty line, to educate the people and small children in slums and to create awareness regarding healthy habits in the backward classes will not only make our day a special one but will create happiness in many other lives. This will also be a source of blessing for us from noble souls.

Thank you ma'am for starting such a wonderful thread of awareness!

Regards