1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I Am Always Grateful For What I Have

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Shanvy, Sep 21, 2007.

1. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi to all il's..i had written this for another forum long back..would like to share it...

After seeing the attached pictures,

I feel very GRATEFUL for what I have today.......
    We are so lucky! contemplate on this...

I felt very fortunate to live in this part of the world. I promise I will never waste my food no matter how bad it can taste and how full I may be. I promise not to waste water. I pray that this little boy be alleviated from his suffering.

I pray that we will be more sensitive towards the suffering in the world around us and not be blinded by our own selfish nature and interests. I hope this picture will always serve as a reminder to us about how fortunate we are and that we must never ever take things for granted.

Think & look at this...when you complain about your food and the food we waste daily..." MAY ALL BEINGS BE FREE FROM SUFFERING!!!!

These pictures really have brought a change in the way my children view at food and other things and that nothing should be taken for granted.

Hoping that atleast few people's attitude towards things change

The photo was a pulitzer winning one of the sudan famine taken in 1994. it shows the child crawling towards,UN food camp, a kilometer away. The vulture is waiting for the child to die.

The photographer Kevin Carter who took this picture committed suicide . He got so depressed that he drove away one day, parked his car with engine running, connected his exhaust tail-pipe into the car cabin& gassed himself to death. So tragic & ironic is'nt it that he was consumed by the power of his own photograph.

I am sure many of you would have already seen these pictures, this for the members who have not seen.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2007

2. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

hai shanthi

the photos make me very upset and iam very kind-hearted person, i used to offer food for people whoever ask me , ofcourse in the name of begging, i wont give them money but take them to nearby mess and get them something to eat , i have neverever failed to offer them.

Thats what people like us can do and i also participate by contributin something for ANNADHANAMS near by my place and sometime for specila occasions used to send LUNCH PARCELS for ORPHANAGE HOMES

i also neverever used to waste any little food or water, i will preserve it and eat or give it to myy servant at good condition

and also whatever the special items i prepare i used to share it with my friends and realtives

AND EVEN IAM SO THANKFUL TO GOD that he have given me everything and i used to remember a song sung by LEGEND M.S.SUBBULAKSHMI

KURAI ONDRUM ILLAI MARIMURTHI KANNA
    KURRIA ONDRUM ILLAI KANNA............

latamurali

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi lata,

I feel wastage is sin....

4. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi Shanti,
    That was such a heart breaking photograph. If with just viewing it we feel so bad and helpless, I can imagine the photographers trauma after having captured something this soul stirring. This is happening in one corner of the earth and on the other hand many people do not realise or feel the worth of what they have. Hoping for things to improve with hands folded in prayer.

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi janani,

This really haunted me for days...i can imangine Kevin's plight......yes let us pray for improving things .....for mankind

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Very very disturbing, Shanthi.
    As for our part we don't waste things to our knowledge and also ask our children to be the same.
    In my prayers I pray to Goddess Annapurani to give food and shelter to all living beings.

sriniketan

7. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Shanti,

I had received these photos and some more as forwarded message from my friend. I could not eat properly for few days. I agree with you that we should be grateful for what we have. When I got fractured in my leg and had to be moving with cretches for six weeks, I realised how handicapped people must be suffering. We often compare ourselves with people above us and lose our peace and contentment. But, as you have said we should be grateful for what we have. I recollect Kannadasana's lines

Unakkum Keele ullavar kodi
    Ninaithu paarthu nimmathi naadu

Regards,

TDU

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Dear raman sir,

I still cannot waste...i have learnt to cook limited than to waste...the children definitely dont waste food...they try to save and send it across in the starting of the year for some child's education....we clean,sew,and iron and distribute the dresses to the needy through organisations....

As you say..my dad used to tell always look at the person who does not have legs when you are thinking of beautiful shoes........

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Shanti,

Touching blog.You set me thinking.

Glad u are grateful to the lord.now even i am .When we see the deprived, we feel we have everything.

Regards.kamal

10. subbutr

subbutr Senior IL'ite

:yes: Shanvy, These are the hard realities in Life around us.

Thanks for sharing :2thumbsup: ....The day we realize the downtrodden, destitude and needy poor people around us needs the help, we can in a way share our food, cloths and essentials by offering it on special occassions like Birthdays, wedding days, elders homage.

There is also a possible way of helping by financing some kids educational expenses, purchase of books, dresses, utensils for a childrens home or orphange centres in and around our areas.

Pay back to society is a must for every Individual and if one has a will there is a way to help ManKind.

I have found the inner happiness by helping the needy , whenever occassions comes.

Do View this link
    We at Anbu Trust supporting the Humanitarian Activities.. Our Project Childrens home opened on 25th May 2007..

Thanks once again for presenting such useful meanings to life...

A photo can deliver many messages than an article....

subbu

sindmani likes this.