1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I am a complete man!

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

That explains why your posts are so sweeter and why it increases our heart rate. Jokes apart, I sincerely pray that you should enjoy a great health. There is a selfish motive behind this. I like to enjoy reading many of your posts going forward.

Regarding demonstrating of our knowledge to the physicians, I practice, "Ignorance is blissful". After going through the commercials of pharmaceutical products, I have come to the conclusion that the lesser we know the better it is. Most of the pharmaceutical products declare that it does an excellent job of fixing that one problem but it could also give nausea, headache, sudden drop in blood pressure, giddiness, stroke, kidney problems, etc. As a complete man, I truly enjoy living with known rather than many unknowns.

Your sense of humor regarding your physician asking you to go back to normal exercise routine as "devastating" is outstanding. I have been there myself. We have learned the art of tight rope walk in our life. Everyone else who is watching us think that we are stupid to walk with a stick in the hand when walking on a tight rope itself is a pain. We only know the secret that it was that stick that makes us walk without a fall.

Viswa

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa
    Thanks a lot for your appreciative words and good wishes. The axiom 'Ignorance is bliss' is more relevant to our health and the medicines we need to take. I have a neighbour here who is a walking encyclopedia on human body and health issues. Anyone who walks into his house 'fit as a fiddle' is most likely to walk out with fits and the fiddle lying in ruins all around him! I have known several of his visitors making a beeline to the nearest multi specialty hospital for a Master Check! After a couple of meetings with him, you tend to feel that a known disease is better than the unknown.

That example of tight rope walk is good. Several things that we do in our life may not be comprehensible to a stranger. It is our life and only we know what are the accessories required to run it well.
    Sri

3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

When I saw the title, I thought that you had been recently approached by Raymonds' to play the role of the retiring school master on his last day at school. Then your very first sentence removed any trace of such misconceptions.

Now looking at the date of the original snippet, I was wondering if you had achieved the bronzed look and whether you had got your Perizaad to chase you round the park. Or did you choose to defer the plan till you had the next annual check up which must now be in order? Tell you a secret. I loved your strategy of lying down till the impulse to exercise passes away. I do the very same. Shh........

4. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Glad that doctor has given you a clean and chit and conveyed the bad news to start exercise again.

Yes, the doctors do not like the patient to be knowledgable...thanks to internet about their sickness. They do not want us to know chemical combinations of names of medicines, so that we refer later on internet and question them. Once I asked my friend whether it does not make him hypochondriac to read about diseases on internet. What he said you know....."It is not for my knowledge..it is to educate the doctors, they do not update their knowledge and do not know many things." So, he is bent upon educating them.

5. Cheeniya

Dear Satchi
    That retiring school master in Raymonds' ad is a bit too school masterish. Someone like Peter O'Toole in Goodbye Mr.Chips would have done greater justice to that clip. I am a bit intrigued at your mention of 'bronzed'.This word was very much active during my days of youth but I hardly hear it these days. Now they talk of six packs and eight packs depending upon how many ridges traverse your midriff. I really do not know the optimum number of packs a man can have. Nobody tells me anything these days!

Coming back to bronze, the only bronze that we have is a pot that my DW uses on every Pongal Day. On the remaining 364 days, it is a question of Prestige! The Cooker I mean!

With this desire for lying down till the impulse to exercise passes away gaining momentum among the discerning public, a couple of firms have come up with a novel gadget. You just lie on your back, keep your feet on the gadget, switch it on and the vibrator melts away all the accumulated fat by vigorously shaking our legs!
    Sri

6. Cheeniya

Dear Shyamala
    You have answered a long standing doubt of mine. I know many doctors who work from early morning to midnight attending to their patients. On their tables, there will be brand new books of an average of 1000 pages each. I have always wondered when will they find the time to read them. It is obvious from your FB that they never read them but would wait for their patients to update them with info gleaned from the web. With that updated knowledge, they would treat the patients who equip them with such updates! An excellent arrangement I should say!
    Sri

7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya sir,

Of course you will understand if I say that, that was my favorite ad - I was simply fascinated by the fact 'that' complete man flew!! I was in awe sir :) It still resonates in my ears when I think of the ad despite the fact that I don't remember any features of VijayPat Singhania!

As much as I want to agree with you Cheeniya Sir about knowing and being eager to learn, this whole afflictions of the body is one area I really would like to remain dumb. There are many other areas you will agree where I could benefit with that kind of thirst! You will never catch me finding information about any of the ailments or medicines or anything even remotely related to the area! I hear you - 'chicken"!! I might gingerly agree for a second opinion, if I don't like a doctor that is, but if I like the doctor - I will blindly follow. After having seen my dear ones go through difficulties, I have concluded that instead of bombarding the doctors with questions on what I understand and don't, I would be doing a better job of offering unconditional love and emotional support to them and then I have siblings who can take care of the doctors, you see! That doesn't mean, I don't anything - I make an effort to know only so much and not much more. And Cheeniya sir I do sincerely feel stupid for having all that medical knowledge and not going to medical school and for not being on the other side of the table - just not worth it!

Now a days, I even refrain from asking my doctor friends as to how their work is! It terrifies me when they start speaking about some medical case and it then it terriefies me even more when they say " ha just routine - with routine ailments, nothing exciting - I am able to see 7-8 patienst an hour"! What!! You hear me don't you!

What I wanted to ask you is to teach me how to do this -
    let me assure you I can sleep that has never been a problem - God knows how many sleepless nights I have given to my mom, but it is when I am that awake I need to learn to deal with the feelings of guilt, of not having tried to exercise that day. In all seriousness, you are blessed Cheeniya sir!

Of course Cheeniya sir, you are indeed a complete....yes sugar/heart/senile ramblings and all....We alone know how much we benefit from your senile ramblings - Here's wishing you continued good health and BTW my much revered grandmother always tells me when I ask her about her health with "it is as it should be for a 85/90yr old woman" - leaving it to me to decipher and not allowing me to probe further!

1 person likes this.
  8. Cheeniya

My dear Srama
    I have to borrow Kamalji's famous line here to say 'An FB as only you can write'! Through your FBs not only to my various threads but the threads of others too as well as your own threads, I have a nice wholesome picture of you in my mind. You come out clearly as a person who loves to be in communion with nature, have an eye for good health but not overly obsessed with it, adventurous, well organised, feels guilty even if there is a wee little deviation in your routine. Well, I can go on but the point that I am trying to make is that how apprehensive I was about the possibility of some critical comments from you for my disinclination for physical exercise! This FB therefore comes as a great relief for me. It is as though I have Divine sanction to keep my physical activities to the minimum except for some lazy strolls in the mornings during which I get distracted very often by the passing dogs and their idiosyncrasies.

Coming to my knowledge of all the human ailments from A to Z, I must tell you that it was a pure accident. This is the effect of my misinterpreting my early spiritual lessons that a man must learn to look inward if he desired to lead a healthy life. By the time, I understood the correct perception of my spiritual lessons, I had already completed a study of all my vital organs and reached a point of no return! One thing led to another, I became a reference point even for some Doctors!

Then I moved over to the mind-body relationship and started oscillating between a hypochondriac and a spiritual person! The result of this was the beginning of all my rambling! Now you know the genesis of my Senile Ramblings!
    Sri

1 person likes this.