1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Hysterectomy, Menopause And Well-being

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by SGBV, Jul 4, 2022.

1. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a million. I've just registered there and already getting a lot of tips.

I had tears while reading this line. My mom tells me this all the time, but I never pay heed to what she says. Now that, I am hearing everything loud & clear.

Exactly. I am training my mind accordingly.
    In fact, I wasn't mentally prepared for this surgery & post recovery process. For me, sadly the focus was on the incision wound, and I thought I will get back to normalcy in 4 weeks when the wound is healed.
    But, this menopause and the hormones and the entire recovery process is much more than the wound.

My Dr once mentioned that my body is stressed after this surgery, and the body stress is just as equal to the mind stress; hence I must listen to my body.
    I can feel this now.

For a moment, I felt like all the organs in my body is on strike and are demanding rest. They slowly shut down, and stop working; hence I feel digestive issues, bone pains, feeling exhausted, fatigue, high heart rate and BP, and bloating, constipation and the list is never ending. All at once, and I feel extremely tired and down.

When I tried being normal, thinking 6 weeks means complete recovery, the body reacts otherwise.

My days are usually very hectic & physically demanding. With a full time work, competitive professional environment, traveling, and in-house management and all.... Managing kid's studies is yet another task.

But as you said, I am going to take it slowly. One day at a time. Focusing on my health, recovering, giving body the needed rest, and crossing this hurdle without any regret is going to be my focus from now onwards.

Office & the targets can wait, promotion can wait, travelling can wait, kid's studies can be managed by H even if he isn't doing his job 100%, food at home can be managed by mom & H if necessary can buy from outside or eat simple. Cleaning can be managed by mom & H with the help of a cleaner who comes twice a week. These are not my priority as long as I can build back my energy & health in life.

I can slowly take over everything, and be back on track shortly if I pay attention to my body & concentrate.
    I believe, this too shall pass...

Thyagarajan, 1Sandhya and SunPa like this.
  2. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

It will be tough but I believe you are upto this challenge. Best wishes! Do keep us updated.

3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

#11 @SGBV
    The concluding lines of response - a nice affirmations - a CBMs.
    Get well soon.
    God bless.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2022