1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Hypothyroidism, PCOS and Menstrual Irregularities!! Need help urgent!!

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by prathibhahp, Sep 29, 2013.

1. prathibhahp

prathibhahp Silver IL'ite

HI All,

I suffer from hypothyroidism and PCOS since 4 yrs. My medication to treat hypothyroidism has been the same since 4 yrs. But to manage PCOS, I have tried allopathy (metformin 3.5 yrs), in between homeopathy pills (6 months) and now since 3 months I am only on ayurveda..First set being Raja pravartini vati, kumarika vati, kaseesa yoga to induce periods and second set being hyponidd, kanyalohadi vati and Gynocare to be started from 2nd day of menstrual period..

So I started first set of medications about 3 months ago to induce period, after a month I started spotting which didn't convert to full flow.. The medications got over and doctor suggested me to start the second set after couple of days and once I started, I got my regular flow within couple of days (the flow contained lot of clots, thin and elongated). Exactly 3 weeks later, I started spotting again and doctor advised me to stop taking kanyalohadi vati for a week.. So I did the same and spotting stopped after 3 days.. After a week, I started kanyalohadi vati again.. So now, its been 10 days since I started kanyalohadi vati and today I started menstruating again.. The flow has been heavy but no clots.. Lower abdominal pain. The flow is so heavy on first day that is making me worry. So what does this mean?? Why am I having so much hormonal imbalance and problems with my period??? OR is this a miscarriage?? Please help me..

Just 3 months before tying ayurveda, I also went through a process of ovaashield and gonodotropin injections to get pregnant and I didnt respond to this treatment (I didnt ovulate - all follicles were tiny) and I didnt get my period for almost 3 months ( period came on ayurveda medications).. Is this a reason for all that is happening now?? Or is it ayurveda??

2. Bavishya

Bavishya Platinum IL'ite

Hi
    where do u stay I can suggest u a good doctor for hyperthyroidism and prods in Hyderabad.

1 person likes this.
  3. prathibhahp

I live in the US . I need opinions and suggestions urgently rather than doctor's contact

4. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

what is your weight?have you tried weight loss?do you exercise regularly?also mention about your food habits.do you eat healthy with reduced intake of carbs?

5. prathibhahp

Hi... I weigh around 176 lbs.. I am concentrating on weight loss and diet since 3 months and have lost 6-7 pounds... I exercise regularly. my food habits are good... Very healthy home cooked veg diet. Relatively low carbs.. Prescribed by a dietician. Whatever I am facing now is temporary issue since last couple months.

6. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

When you get delayed periods, the inner walls will be thick hence the flow will be heavy. Just watch your next period. DId you check with the ayurveda doctor that the medicine prescribed is safe or act as a contraceptive? Since you had mentioned no clots so least chance for a miscarriage. anyway get your doubts on this angle be clarified by the doctor.

7. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

Since you are already on the right track,try to modify your diet and reduce a few more pounds,maybe that might help.

8. vndl1011

vndl1011 Senior IL'ite

Hi bavishya
    Iam suffering from same above mentioned prob can you give me doctors address