1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Hypnotism or Psychiatrist to handle depression/anxiety

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by shobhna, May 16, 2009.

1. shobhna

shobhna New IL'ite

hi everyone ,

my name is shobhna i just joined this site. actually i dont know i should write this problem here or not but i am writing because you all are so nice
    and loving so i got the courage. one of my friend got married 5 yeras back
    and she wants a baby but her problem is that she has anxity and depression .
    and she went to gynec. gynec said u can take help of hypnotism . what should she does now .can she consult to a psychaiatrist. i heared about hypnotism threpy also. is this threpy good can we believe on this threpy.
    but we can not believe on anyone . how can we suggest for a right person. if anyone have the idea pls let me know.

2. nadhi1

nadhi1 New IL'ite

Re: pls help me anyone:(

Hi Shobana,

Get your friend to see a clinical psychologist or a psychiatrist about her issues. Anxiety and depression are manageable conditions- with appropriate help, she should be fine. Get her to also consult her gynae about medication and pregnancy related issues. They'd be able to clarify things.
    Generally expectant mothers are advised to avoid anti-anxiety drugs. As such, getting her appropriate treatment eg. exposure therapy or focused cognitive-behavioral therapy (that could target both the depression and anxiety) prior to pregancy, might be optimal.

Get yr friend to check out the moodgym website in the interim. Its free and one can work on it per one's convenience
    MoodGYM: Welcome
    Also, FYI, check out these sites
    Anxiety Attacks and Disorders: Signs, Symptoms, and Treatment
    Depression: Signs, Symptoms, Types and Ways to Get Help

3. VenPra

VenPra New IL'ite

re: Hypnotism while TTC

You friend should take the advice of another gynec. As far as i know ,hypnotism can be dangerous.She should first consult a psycologist to she how she can get rid of her depression through medication first.