1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband's rude behaviour towards me when I take any phone call..............

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by kailashwathi, Jun 14, 2011.

1. kailashwathi

kailashwathi New IL'ite

We moved back to India about one and half year back.
    Finally, we have bought a house here and settled all things. Dh also found a good job and children are extremely happy at school and home.

Both our parents live in the same city about half an hour driving distance for each.
    I have plenty of relatives and my siblings also live here.
    My dh's siblings live in another city, his parents live in the same city as us.

I always make sure I dont neglect my housework or taking care of children and husband by getting involved in prolonged conversations. I can say this for sure that I never ever neglect my family.

But, these days, right from the time we moved to India, I find my husband's behaviour changing.
    Usually, at home when the phone rings it is 90% times for me. Even if I talk for 5 mins continously he gets irritated.
    I understand that coming from work he wants me to be by him and so I let go the call to voice mail so many times. He returns home at 7pm. I try to finish my calls before that. Sometimes, it so happens that when he is in the shower I take the call with the intention to hang up once he is out and I get carried away with the caller. Instead, of letting me know he is there, he simply shouts out loud asking me to hang up, which is so embarassing for me. I told him N number of times but all in vain.
    How can I simply not take any call when he is around? It is getting on to my nerves.

If it is his parents, he will talk for hours together. There is no relative as such to call him and his siblings dont bother to call often. It will usually be once in a while. But, once in 2 days his parents call and he chats on and on for hours.
    Sometimes, right when he enters the home the call comes and he continues till 9pm, then takes a quick shower and sits to eat.
    I asked him why that difference and he has no answer.

I am starting to hate this behaviour and seriously wish to do something about it. Please suggest some thing.......

2. mickeymini

mickeymini Gold IL'ite

Hi i can understand your feelings. Why dont you tell your friends or relatives to call only during the time when your husband is away. You can again ask me why? You may even ask if you dont have the rights to talk over phone when he is at home. But some hubbys doesnt like it and they dont want their wives to spend their time on phone when they are at home.They feel that housewives have plenty of time from morning till evening when their hubbys are away. Sometimes when they come home they might want to share something or discuss about something and if they see their wives on the phone they :rant and get irritated.

On the other hand if they talk on the phone they have reasons like they are busy in their office and cannot talk and can talk only during their free time. This is a small thing dont try to make a issue out of it. You can avoid these small things.