1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Husband's eating habits

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by MeenLoch, Aug 31, 2007.

1. MeenLoch

MeenLoch Silver IL'ite

I am not sure if this should be posted in the Me and My Spouse thread. It s about eating habit. So I go on.

My husband is a junkie. With loads of control, I have reduced his intake of junk food. I try and make food at home. But when he comes back in the evening from office, he has to attack the Salted Peanuts. He finishes the average tin in 3 days. He s a bit possesive about me using the same tin. I mean he gets seperate ones if i want. Also he wants Maggi ( 450 cals in a bar of maggi) sometimes. Or he ll want bread with butter spread.
    I am shifting to sundals and veg spreads slowly, but he just cant resist himself from picking the can of peanuts / grape juice or other sugar laden drinks in large quanities. Ice creams I missed on the list. He HAS to have ice-cream after dinner. He s got a 5 ltr bucket for himself. And consumes 4 scoops every night. His BMI is correct , below 25, mine is above ( so i too have to moderate and lose some weight), but he has systolic low BP and high chances of getting type 2 diabetes ( family history and eating habits).
    In fact I wanted to arrange for a fake doc and scare him...heheh

I am lil scared. It s just 2 months since I came, the whole thought of him having eaten all this for an year scares the hell outta me. He feels I am paranoic about food habits and I stress too much on it. yes, I do read calorie info before buying everytime, but isnt that important. So what I want to know is 'how do i deal this' ?

I am pretty sure many other women have the same problem. ILites please throw some light on this.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2007

2. asharao

asharao Senior IL'ite

Hi! MeenLoch,

I suggest that you take an appointment with a dietician alone first and seek his/her help and then fix an appointment and go together.Let the dietician give him a chart of the calories etc consumed by your hubby in each dish which he consumes and see if it makes a difference.That might throw some light on him.

Maybe the others can come up with better suggessions.

Regards,

Asha