1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband With Anger Issues

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by rekhaatu, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Archanaanchan

Archanaanchan IL Hall of Fame

@chocolate @Sandycandy Do you think her husband will easily come forward to take up anger management classes? Men ego will not let him surrender to what she says! This happened with my cousin too , she just left him and resorted to stay with her parents until her husband agreed for a counselling session(he suffered depression). Because of ego and also fearing family and relatives would rightly blame him for all the issues he never got back to her.

Its also true that if they are not ready to surrender n accept the facts for a happy family environment there is no point in expecting a good life from them. Its rather good to get separated and look for a better life as a single parent or look for a suitable partner.

Sandycandy, Naari and sindmani like this.
  2. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

OP, is he behaving like this to every one or it is only towards you? If its towards you only, then he has great confidence that no matter what way he treat you, there will be no effect and you will be with him forever. He behave as if nothing happened because he believes it is ok and don't have a guilty feeling in true sense. So please dont fall into that trap again. Abuse, be it emotional or physical, happens when there is no respect or love to their spouse. Sorry, you are also encouraging him by tolerating the abuse. You are allowing him to mistreat you. Wake up girl.

Complaining to others won't work. A change should come from him.For that you need to give him a shock treatment. You have to be strong and inform him that you cannot take this abuse anymore . If he do it again you will no longer be his wife. If he try to attack, tell him that you will call police. Stay with what you said. If he is ready he should go for professional help/anger management . I don't know whether he will agree with that. Also make sure he don't have any medical issues like thyroid ( i dont think that is the issue here, still) as that can stimulate angry behaviour.

You have to be firm on your decision. Staying in abusive marriage is not good for you or your kid. Be strong.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  3. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Op was and is very softhearted.
    Her husband needs professional . A man who loves and respects his wife will not abuse her in any form. Apologising is out of guilt , not love(sorry Op) but I had to tell u this to be more vigilant with ur husband. One more thing every couple has misunderstanding and one will adjust more than the other. But physical abuse is a strict NO for a somewhat perfect marriage. Emotional abuse is not fine too. Every human dwarves respect. Make him understand ur value. Distance from him emotionally untill u see changes in him or he agrees for anger management counselling. It is a crucial time for u . But I wish u all the best and great life.

Sandycandy likes this.
  4. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

True.

5. Nonya

Nonya Platinum IL'ite

Going away to parents is only a short term relief from the beatings.
    OP needs to look to being economically independent. A girl should make (or have at her disposal) at least x times it takes to hire some help who could beat some sense into the physically abusive spouse. :rage:

6. rekhaatu

rekhaatu Silver IL'ite

Thank you all for responding to my problem.
    I am economically independent. However, I am not working since a year.
    I tried many times asking to get counseling, but he never listened. Once I convinced him and took to counseling(before marriage) but they are not efficient and my DH didn't return for 2nd sitting.
    Now, if i raise the topic of counseling he talks as if only mad people go for such things(while my MIL is being treated for depression).
    I am afraid to walk out or call cops myself as it might trigger him even more and do some self damage like hurting himself or even killing.
    Except in those rage situations, he behaves very normal. He acknowledges that he can't control his anger but blames me for triggering him.
    On the other hand my MIL is brainwashing him that I wantedly make him angry to make him look bad to the world. She blames that I throw blankets on the floor to irritate him. Why in the world will I do that? Why will I trigger him when I am being abused? I want to talk to both of them but have no guts.

7. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Op. Please don't fall for this line. How can he blame u that u r the reason for him abusing you physically or emotionally. Talk to him or at least tell him u will take a drastic step of separation if this continues(u don't need to do it but convey ) It seems you were financially independent and working in a full time career. But u r soft at heart to ur husband who is using you to come out of his depression.

Sandycandy likes this.
  8. sindmani

sindmani Platinum IL'ite

Tell him every human has problems in health both physically and psychologically. Only the intensity varies. Some people they get extreme psychological issues and their are termed "psychologically ill".
    To you , I want to say this , getting angry for silly issues and abusing any person is not what any assertive person will do.
    On the other hand,Can u take him to any meditation centre and both of u get in to meditation. It will give you more good friends when u join a group meditation.
    We usually go to a particular meditation group when in California , where I could do some service and my husband played badminton too in the Ashram or centre. We got good friends too. Good people will give us hopes. It will give ur kid good environment too. Try it

9. Deborah

Deborah Gold IL'ite

How to be a bigger bully to a bully ? Asking out of curiosity.

10. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

It concerns me that your husband is capable of harming himself or others in case you take some action. He has a psychological problem , whether he accepts it or not. Carefully plan your exit from the marriage in case things don't work out, but you have to start by insisting that he seek help. There will be a lot of turmoil initially but it is better than spending a lifetime in fear. Whatever you decide, I wish you the very best ! Please take care.

sindmani likes this.