1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband too much dominating

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by ritugupta12, Mar 10, 2013.

1. sarada30

sarada30 Platinum IL'ite

dear Ritu,

No dh would first of all accept some thing wrong about their parents that too in the early stage of your marriage you try to express him....

It is very short period for you to judge your ils and spoil your life unless they bother you. In il site there is a thread related to In laws if you have any pblm firstly check with our il sisters who can give you the best solution how to handle your in-laws.

I am married for 3yrs and till date i could not share any thing bad about my dh parents even though i feel bad for their behavior at times.

First of all try sharing your love to your dh and see how you can impress him in the best way. Men are busy with their work life so you have to give him some comfort zone to get relax from his work stress only by sharing love.

Wish you a very happy married life.............

Check with our il sisters before taking any decision which would help you to have success.

MAY GOD BLESS YOU WITH LOTS OF HAPPYNESS

4 people like this.
  2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

You might be right and your husband might be wrong. But he does have a right to do what he wishes. No one can impose one's opinions on the other. It's perfectly fine. Let him continue to believe his parents are right. Some day the truth will be out, if indeed they are wrong. You do your own thing. So long as he does not impose his ideas and will on you, you do not have to worry. If he does, then you need to stand up for yourself and tell him where he gets off.

It's just too early to decide that your marriage is not worth it. This is not reason enough for you to walk out of a marriage. He needs to first develop trust in you and that will take time. Over time if he sees that what you said was right and what his parents said was not, he will eventually start trusting you more and more. But such things do take time and do not happen over night. I am sure you would not trust him more than your own parents. Just my guess. Would not blame you if you trusted your parents more either. So just relax and give him his space and see how things go before jumping to any conclusions.

1 person likes this.
  3. Neerjavakil

Neerjavakil Silver IL'ite

Husbands are mostly dominating in nature even i find my husband like that but with the peiord of time everything will be fine.
    Yours is a love marriage and that too only for four months ago So give some time to your relationsip and marriage ofcourse with the course of time everyting will be normal he will try to understand you and will realize himself. Give him some time as well as yourself to adjust in the coming situations. No body is perfect. With patience and understanding you can make your marriage work for you. Talk to him in a peaceful manner and when he is in happy mood. Don't feel depressed. He will certainly understand over a peirod of time

4. blueMirror

blueMirror Senior IL'ite

First of all, just relax.... Its only when you live together /forced to spend a lot of time with another person, that you perceive flaws.. The same would have happened, even if your hubby was someone else..

Your 'I am an honest person" etc statement, to me, indicates lots of ego and agressiveness... If so, maybe you need to tone it down a little bit.. Aggresiveness / ego suits men better..

And remember, things/situations ( always) will change.. Today you are feeling down.. tomorrow , things will change

Try to spend a bit of your free time with your parents. and plan on moving to the next stage in life.. have kids

5. ritugupta12

ritugupta12 New IL'ite

first of all....if you say ego suits men..i don't agree..n moreover my parents grown me like their son..so if men can have ego..I too can have..

I have my career in front of me..I don't need more responsibilites yet.
    career is more important..it's just I need to be more patient..i think...with patience things will change.

I did a lot for his parents to make him happy, but now onwards I will think about my happiness..and will do what makes me happy...they will never think about me and think about his son....so its important for me to make me happy :) :)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  6. blueMirror

blueMirror Senior IL'ite

Day is not far when women are going to expect men to become pregnant ( to bear the burden, so to say )

Anways, i hope things work out for you.. all the best

7. ritugupta12

ritugupta12 New IL'ite

thanks...

and I will say lets agree with what god decided for women to bear

8. pari80

pari80 Silver IL'ite

Ritu,

Mens are like "onion". You have peel layer by layer to understand them correctly. Keep patience. You are married only for 4 month and don't get disheartened. Actually 9 out of 10 gals, feel little bit in dilema in first year of their married life because of new settings and responsibility.

If your in-laws are away from you and only thing you have to do is talk with them weekend , just do it if that's the only stumbling block between u and your husband. If i have to give you real advice, i would tell try to develop good relationship with your in-laws if you think it is possible. Think from other perspective, if you can create good working relationship with in-laws that would take away so much tension between u and your hubby. Life would be beautiful for you.

I have seen that most of time in-laws and money are the 2 main reason for discomfort between couple. My 2cents!!!

Best luck.

1 person likes this.
  9. Flyhighbluesky

Flyhighbluesky Silver IL'ite

THATS IT!... why? so much anger in just 4 months? n losing it already???

Let small fights remain small! dont make it huge by brooding over it! and that will help clean anger out of you! secondly whose right whose not is a controversy that goes on forever.... If he sez you r right it woud satisfy youre ego.. is there anything else to it? Life doesnt have a rulebook OP.. you decide if you want a home with peace nd love! Justice nd equality prevails in courtrooms darling...remember the sayin Life isnt fair? It wasnt coined just out of thin air!.. Ponder on things that would give you happiness from life and dont let your ego come in the way!

10. Flyhighbluesky

Flyhighbluesky Silver IL'ite

Bluemirror... ego suits men?? I beg to differ! IMO Ego is an emotion which is an extention of self respect and when like every other emotion excess is bad be it man or woman!

Ritu, your parents raised you like their son, nd that was their goodness. And they married you of since you actually were their daughter else they would have expected you to stay on with them, work and provide for them and care for them till their last days not go off to somebody else's house and seek your own future life! When our parents raised us equal to boys they made us capable of doing/coping with everthing under the sun which boys/men arent even expected to do! So you should take it as your responsibility to think like a man and yet be affectionate like a woman!
    And yes i'd suggest dont have kids until you are mature enough to handle it!