1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband says i consume!!!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Memories, Jan 31, 2013.

1. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Tell him lightly.. if there's no one to consume... the produce will go waste... how it happens with national food.
    You're bringing value to his PRODUCTIVITY.

On a serious note.. cheer up dear and don't take it to heart... a lot of women are home makers and they do so much at home and deserve a paycheck. There are many women who just blow up their husbands salary in mall and spas without any thought.... possibly the love potion is coming down in this marriage... check on refill.

9 people like this.
  2. ragamalika

ragamalika Silver IL'ite

It is ur husband's duty to look after u nd his children!!! Husband and wife are alwys dependent on each othr fo some or the othr thing.. it is nt dat one is superior just because he goes out nd earns money.. u r also working at ur home bt unpaid.. nd we wives nevr want a pay fo dat.. bt al we need is understanding, love nd affection as a pay in return!!!! Wat we expext in return is nt at al costly which husbands can not afford at al..!!!! Life wil be more simple nd happy if u make him understand dis.. Say these cool nd calmly.. Bt still if he doesn't want to listen to u, u plz remain happy nd silent.. That is the best counter u can giv him..

3. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

That was about money or sex?[​IMG]

3 people like this.
  4. navyar

navyar Gold IL'ite

:) :thumbsup

If not for consumption what is he earning for?? for Contribution to Charity??

Don't worry. sometimes lot of stress at work also makes them speak such words not knowing that they are actually hurting us.

Don't feel bad. You have full rights on your husband's salary.

Shilpama: Sometime in September a proposal has come up to make it mandatory for men to give a certain percentage of their income to their wives who stay back and do household chores. Don't know the current status of the proposal though.

6 people like this.
  5. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

Sounds a good idea...!

6. TheSahil

TheSahil Gold IL'ite

I consume too, but my wife is sensible enough to recognize my contribution in our marriage. And I started 'consuming' only because she asked me to. If you can, take up a job and he'll realize how important 'consumption' is.

2 people like this.
  7. Memories

Memories Senior IL'ite

Thank you all! for the reply!!

This is what happened...I finished my work and wanted to read a book. I asked him whether he can feed our kid. He knows and had done before too...not sure what triggered him , he got so angry and said that you are a consumer, you always consume to me...i was shattered, didn't know how to react...so went inside and locked the bedroom...After 1.5 hours(he was playing video game with our elder kid) he came and called me like 30 times to open the door and finally i opened...he "tried" to talk to me though i didn't utter a word and went to sleep.

8. ds0612

ds0612 Bronze IL'ite

What BS...you consume?? does he even understand the meaning of marriage? are you not providing him comfort...through cooking..maintaining his home? guys who think like this are not fit for married life...yes i too agree..go on a bandh...stay away from him..dont even let him touch you.

9. ds0612

ds0612 Bronze IL'ite

Great thing you did! He had two kids with you and still had guts to say such hurtful things! You deserve some respect..and sincere apology from him.
    He might have said the bad things when he is in angry mood but still he can't say such things..

10. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Wow...

Is it just me or so most guys these days have zero class? What the hell does he mean by consume? I dont get this at all. Mother stays home, takes care of her home, children, cook, clean, be a chauffeur and then endure all this BS?

OP, I say, take a vacation for the weekend. Tell your DH that you need a vacation and he is expected to take care of children from Friday afternoon to sunday evening. He is expected to do all that you do. Then he will realize how hard it is to be a stay at home mom.

Also OP, ask him for suggestions on how to avoid consuming, what ever the hell he means by that. Is he expecting you to work? If yes, is he willing to shell money on a nanny to do things which you were doing before?
    Ash him if this is what he wants.

2 people like this.