1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband not talking to my parents

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by indianwifey, Jul 21, 2015.

1. indianwifey

indianwifey New IL'ite

Hi All,
    Followed by my previous post where in I went to my parents place after a fight with DH and In laws and after 20 days, my husband came to pick me up. During those days, no conversation happened btw my husband, ILs and my parents.
    After coming back, DH is not picking or answering calls from my family. Even on his bday and my baby's bday, he dint attend. My ILs spoke and when my parents asked about him, they gave some excuse like he is out or in wash room and when they called on his phone, he dint pick.

By chance, everytime I was not there. Now initially even my family dint tell me this because they dont want me to discuss this with DH as according to them if i discuss this can bring friction between us.

Now when I am aware of this, though I have not asked him anything, but I started ignoring his parents/sis a bit.

My confusion here is if I ignore my ILs, that will spoil home peace. and if i dont do this, my DH will not realize that he is doing wrong by not talking to my parents when there is no fault of theirs.

Please suggest.

2. CrayoNess

CrayoNess Platinum IL'ite

By involving parents the conflict will get exponentially more messy.

2 people like this.
  3. beingloved

beingloved Gold IL'ite

Both of you should try to resolve differences and strengthen your bond without involving a third person. Also, give things some time to settle down.

4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op ,his parents talked to your parents properly.Your husband is choosing to be stupid and mean.You don't have to be.You be extra sweet to your parents.Call them more often.

1 person likes this.
  5. indianwifey

indianwifey New IL'ite

My doubt here is shall i also change my behaviour towards his parents/family.. If i do this.. this can bring more differences at my current home.. if I dont do this, will my DH be able to realize that he is not right..??

6. indianwifey

indianwifey New IL'ite

Even i used to believe this, that we should solve by ourself.. but this never happened...

Yeah... about giving time... even my parents saying so... give some time and let everything settle down... but i came back on 30th may and my baby's bday was on 12th july.. still he dint pick...

7. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

Don't do the same thing to his parents. He will not realize his mistake but will end up feeling 'Serves her right'.

8. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Op..Why do you really want your husband o talk to your parents when he is feeling so mean and stupid? What do you think he is going to say to them? You can't force it.

OP,I understand that dils do it i.e. be nice to in laws even when the poor thing is seething in anger or dislike inside,but it doesn't work with men.One of those glorious hypocrisies of our 'Indian family ways'.

Don't try tit for tat.....it will do more harm .Instead just be more caring towards your parents.

2 people like this.
  9. Denni

Denni Gold IL'ite

Dear OP,

I have to agree with Yellowmango on this. Don't force your DH to talk to your parents if he doesn't want to. Why fake it, let him be the way he is. He will come around once his anger has subsided.

10. deeprapriya

deeprapriya Gold IL'ite

Op,

He might be angry that you went to your parents place and they didnt send you back...

Now you dont do the same to his parents.... Give sometime for things to settle down... When he is in good mood, ask him, why he is not picking your parents call?... let him open up.... make him realize that "past is past" and he need to talk when they call him...Dont even fight with him, when you convince him on this....