1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

husband moving to USA, Should i stay with in-laws or parent who are also in same city

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by shelp, Sep 20, 2013.

husband moving to USA, Should i stay with in-laws or parent who are also in same city

1. stay with parents full-time

19 vote(s)
    73.1%
  2. parents over weekends only

7 vote(s)
    26.9%
  3. parents-twice a month only

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Re: husband moving to USA, Should i stay with in-laws or parent who are also in same

LOL! Can't stop laughing! :)

1 person likes this.
  2. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Re: husband moving to USA, Should i stay with in-laws or parent who are also in same

This strategy gets my vote!!!

... edited ....
    Deleted silly humor .... thought the better of it. :hide:

2 people like this.
  3. TheBeliever

TheBeliever Silver IL'ite

Run Girl Run!Get away from your inlaws place ...I like sweetshreya's idea too...:rotfl

1 person likes this.
  4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

I don't get this 'stay with my parents' order from some husbands. If the roles were reversed,would they be staying with their wife's parents? The poor wife is forced to live with in laws when the husband is around...at least when he is absent,the girl should be free to stay with her parents. They make marriage sound like a prison.

6 people like this.
  5. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

Why ??? :frown:

6. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

How many ever votes you get here....if your husband insists, ironically you wILL end up with inlaws.......my DH does it most of the times and I wonder how hard is it to understand?. I mean he suffocates after 48 hrs at my parents home for no reason :idontgetit:

7. persecutedDIL

persecutedDIL Gold IL'ite

Why do you do it, lady ? Please elaborate.

2 people like this.
  8. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

OP try this out. Its worth it.

9. ppriya182010

ppriya182010 Gold IL'ite

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl My vote for this idea! SweetShreya, Hotel-a room pootu yosepeengaloo! (do you reserve room in hotel and think all these things? its a funny quote from movies)

1 person likes this.
  10. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Nah...dint you read the previous threads.... guys marry to get a COMPANY/ SUPPORT aka unpaid MAIDS for their moms... does anyone realize how much it takes a MIL to unlearn her DILs habit and mould her to theirs........ :rantand sending DIL back to same habits now.
    Then they also need to monitor if their DIL is not having sufficient time n desire to rope in an affair... ppl of their generation felt that females were like carnivores... once they get used to X, they can't live without it :rotfl...

I once got few gyaans as : you let him goto dubai for job and come and stay in our home with us, he can come back in 3-4 yrs...
    (I instantly felt like a labourer's wife and asked him if he was gng there as a mason!!!!!!!!!!)
    Another (2 mnths into marr)... you both can have a child now, we can take the child to our home and raise and then you can concentrate on your career :rotfl.

OP... say YES YES to all advices... do whatever your heart says YES YES for........... Live here there n everywhere.. no specific pattern for anyone to conclude anything. React as our superstar Sherya as recommended.