1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband Likes .. Normal?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by star90new, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Is anything wrong with him - no. Is it common? Common enough.

You are going through some other issues also related to work, and his health etc. Don't add to the strife and tensions. Make this a fun topic. You can gently dissect his thinking. At opportune moments, or after opportune moments, ask him about it. Ask nicely... lazily. Like: "wearing a sexy dress makes me/women feel good, and puts a spring in the step. how does it make you feel if I look stylish and sexy? Proud? Happy? Young?"

Don't bring in annoying details like relatives don't like it, and you always wore only jeans/t-shirt. Before marriage everyone says all kinds of things - don't keep reminding him he said he was conservative. Keep the discussion romantic and full of potential.

Humor him as much as you easily can. Wear those dresses when you can. And if not dressing like that often enough, make it up in private. The garment called the saree is very obliging in this regards.

2. silentlistener

silentlistener Silver IL'ite

Very very common.

3. omnam

omnam Platinum IL'ite

Nothing wrong in expecting by spouse to wear certain cloths. Your husband is absolutely normal. He is doing to post pics on social media is another topic and shouldn't matter you.

Wear such cloths at home.Once you are comfortable, You can wear outside too.

4. mimi77

mimi77 Gold IL'ite

He is a very broadminded man and you are blessed to have him in your life..... Marriage is an act of balance. .......Make yourself comfortable in modern dresses too.

5. star90new

star90new Bronze IL'ite

I dont think I am lucky.. I wish I had a husband who liked me covered up.. than wearing short dresses and making other men stare.. Now I am wondering if anything is wrong with me ..?

6. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

I think he is normal. Every H has different expectations. Prob. He may like in that way. Show him by wearing the dress he likes and ask him whether he can be comfortable by going out with u in that dress. Simple.

7. star90new

star90new Bronze IL'ite

okay .. but i feel uncomfortable . i dont like other men staring at me . so other girls dont feel that ?

8. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

Yes even u have the right to choose and wear. U can express this to him clearly. There is no necessity that u have to follow him for everything. Prob. Whatever dress u both are comfortable with, can be chosen.

9. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

According to me, respecting each other n their choices is what makes one a 'modern' couple n not when one spouse forces the other against their wishes.

Asking a woman to cover up against her wishes n asking her to show more skin when she's not comfortable are both wrong mentality.

You should be able to wear whatever you want. As a spouse he / she can recommend, request n choose for one another if comfortable but never by force.

No guy is going to like if you say wear this shorts n vest , so that I can take pix n post on social media n everyone can see us as a modern couple. The hubby will be like 'what's something wrong with you?'

Wear anything he wants inside your house or even if outside, ensure no pix are taken if it makes you uncomfortable. If you want to change, it's upto you. And wanting to cover up to avoid other people's attention is a normal thing, there's nothing wrong in that.

Explain to him clearly, in a non accusing way, n come to an understanding.

By the way, there are many 'full' clothing that are modern. Look at maxi's, jumpsuits, elegant skirts n blouses, casual pants n flowy tops, there are many that will make you look super elegant, more than the short dresses.

shravs3, bron, sbonigala and 2 others like this.
  10. mimi77

mimi77 Gold IL'ite

What are you talking about? Why would he like you fully covered? He is a modern man with a modern approach..... Very soon he will get bored of your conservative approach and narrow mindedness and might fall for some young woman with a much broader outlook if you don't change your attitude with the rapidly changing times... .. Accept the change