1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband Lacks Motivation.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sujaragu, Jan 28, 2018.

1. sujaragu

sujaragu New IL'ite

I am married for 9 years and for the past 1. 3 yrs I am separated from my husband and my son is with him.
    Our problem is my husbands brothers wife she is a widow and she has a daughter. My husband helped her whenever she ask financial support.
    Recently she got married to another person and due to some issue she divorced him.
    And still my husband is helping her, but when I have a need he ignores that and prioritizing her.
    What should I do??

2. akshaya452

akshaya452 Silver IL'ite

not sure how complex is ur case. May be you might have to take step forward and compromise and work on ur marriage relation ship and get back your hubby

3. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

They must have a good mutual understanding and respect for each other. If you are separated then how does that matter to you?

4. Vandhuamma

Vandhuamma Silver IL'ite

You are separated from him right? So if he s helping others I dont think you need to worry.

As long as your son is happy with him and his needs are met I dont think you need to interfere.
    If you think it can affect your son then definitely you need to pitch in and understand how he has planned for your sons future.
    If you intend to go back to your hubby then work on improving your relationship with him then everything else will fall its own place.

sujaragu likes this.
  5. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

You both have been married for close to a decade, but looks like she has more power over your hubby, it could be that he feels a lot of guilt esp with his bros daughter added into this. His brothers loss is playing a very powerful role here. N the daughter is his blood, so he may feel highly obligated due to that as well.

N You have been separated for long.. so you both should decide how to progress ahead or atleast you make up your mind about what you want from this marriage.

If your intention is to get a divorce, then proceed with that. You can apply for joint custody also if you want or whatever is right for your son.

Or if your intention is to stay then fix the marriage n live together.

If you want to stay married but continue being separated, then you can't control what he does.

Separated couple don't really prioritise their spouse's need. So he may not feel the need to listen to you.

Make sure your son is safe, happy, well provided n well taken care of. He should be the priority here.

Would suggest you to make your choice about this marriage first n then proceed according to that.

sujaragu likes this.