Husband forcing to resign the job

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by Umaa, Nov 18, 2007.

1. jaishree9

jaishree9 Silver IL'ite

Hi Uma
    Congrats on being a mother .
    I think u shud continu ur job if it is not very difficult to be a mother & working woman together.
    There r many women who leaves their Job on becoming mother and many who continue .
    Before deciding to resign just have some thoughts abt ur work - is it realy a tough demanding job where u cant take care of ur kid or it is not that much demanding so that u can mange both ends.
    u also think abt attitude of ur husband is he respect ur commitment abt job ,does he likes ur economic freddom ,do u have to depend on him totally for economic support ? etc so many points u think abt & try if u can have leaves for 1 yr by that time kids become mangeable by other people like GM ( may bee maternal if posiible ) or naany .May be by that time ur inlaws wud start shairing the responsibilty.

2. candies

candies New IL'ite

Congrats Uma.. For your question ,my humble opinion would be ..stay at home for atleast 3 years. Initiall\ stages of brain development in a baby is very very important and no money or no good nanny, no sparkly clean day care can replace a mother. Once you deliver the baby and once you get attached to the baby , you will know that. Babies not only need special motherly affection but also their later stages in development solely depends on how many times you say 'I love you' to him and how many times you hug him,hold him close to your body.

I have a very good experience working for a number 1 day care in bangalore where I saw babies handled poorly/not given the attention they deserve.

If you are not in a financial position which forces you to take up a job, pls consider spending more time with your baby now, which he will never get after he outgrows this infant and toodler stages.

I would say..if you are not ready to bring up a baby,then why have it? Is baby a kind of commitment or family planning?

3. srivatsa

srivatsa New IL'ite

Hi,

This is not the time for you 2 think about all these. You have to be very happy and healthy to have a easy delivery.

A very simple solution is take as much as leave as possible from office, don't worry even if it is loss of pay. Experiment a maid when u r still at home. Confirm a maid by the time u r joining back to job. Make sure u'r inlaws job would be only to keep a watch on the maid and nothing else. This is work out perfectly .

ALL the BEST . Stop worrying and enjoy your motherwood.

Regards
    Sri

4. kk_karthi2000

kk_karthi2000 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Uma,

I am a working mom. Even my situation is same as that of you, I have decided not to leave my job, so I opted to have a nanny. My In-laws are not ready to take care of my kid. Now is that my kid is 2 year old, and things are smooth.

I have a in-house maid, whom I brought from my home town.

Hopefully by this time you would have delivered, update as about you.

Take care
    Karthi