1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband Doesnt Spend Money On My Needs

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by poi098, Jun 9, 2017.

1. divyasriram28

divyasriram28 Senior IL'ite

Don't you have a joint bank account? I've been married for a few years now and the worse thing is expectation! Start considering everything as "ours" instead of "mine" or "his". There can't be your money and my money in a good marriage even if the wife is not working. Some men are just like that, they don't like gifts. What's the point in asking someone for a gift and getting it anyway? :)

2. bruised234

bruised234 Gold IL'ite

I don't think her problem is money here. I am sure OP would have wanted a joint account but hubby did nothing in that direction. I know a couple where the DH asked wife to put in her salary to a joint account and then she started complaining about how he wasn't accounting for his expenses while she accounted for every single pie. OP is surely not the one who has the "my money, your money" concept. This isn't about money at all, but about wanting attention, to be pampered. OP has to realize that a good majority of women don't have much luck in that respect. Some women get it by default (coincidentally I have observed, they are always the thin, always working types), some get it with time and some who don't get it but keep trying, some who don't get it at all. OP's best bet is to disregard it and keep functioning as though everything is normal, that way she will be happier.

3. divyasriram28

divyasriram28 Senior IL'ite

@bruised234 ,

I see that my comment is misinterpreted a lot here. I did not say that money was a problem either. I only brought up the point of the husband and wife referring to "my money" in conversations which doesn't sound healthy to me. I don't know if you know the OP personally but my comment was just based on what she had said. Nothing demeaning or hurtful. Thanks for you help.

4. poi098

poi098 Bronze IL'ite

@kcb @ashu19872 @Divyatherapist @YoGirl @Sandycandy @ashneys @bonnie18 @DDream @BhumiBabe @justanothergirl @bruised234 @divyasriram28 I want to thank each and every one of you. I realise that I should not focus on this petty issue and focus on building a relationship rather than create issues. Yes he SHOULD be taking care of my needs and yes he SHOULD be buying me gifts but it will happen with time. Trust will be built over time and not happen over night. In the mean while, I will also reciprocate and give him gifts. I do agree its less about the "money" and more about pampering and attention.The problem is men, especially Indian men are not programmed that way.
    I really appreciate all your views. Seeing things from another perspective really really helps. Thank you all once again :)

kcb, Sandycandy and bonnie18 like this.